IGNORED

Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

Goose

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ckny said:

Those on O2 text DISNEY3 to 21500 for 3 months free. I’ve done it four times now, doesn’t seem to be a limit on how many times you can do it.

I've had almost a full year of D+ thanks to this code lol

8 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Yeah, but it'll be on the way for everywhere. Same as Netflix's ad-supported tier. With all the fragmentation, increasing cost and increasing advertising, it's hard not to see an uplift in piracy.

Especially if they put ads in the middle of episodes, or even much worse, films.

Now have got progressively worse with ads. Binging some 22/30 minute series and seeing the same fucking McDonalds ad every half hour is bad enough, but they’ve started interrupting shows now and before my film Sub ran out they were adding 4 minutes odd of ads before the film started.

Wont be long before the random selection of films on iPlayer is the only place to legally stream a film without ads (until that goes away).

I genuinely believe that within five years, the whole streaming market as we know it will have imploded. The fragmentation, nickel-and-dimeing, advert creep and patchy quality control is going to sink the streaming market faster than many expect.

Hilarious to see this just as right wing loons howl about the new D+ series just being a 'woke' version of the film.

Edit: I'm an idiot. This is a Prime show. I get the apps mixed up.

On 11/08/2022 at 09:57, ckny said:

Those on O2 text DISNEY3 to 21500 for 3 months free. I’ve done it four times now, doesn’t seem to be a limit on how many times you can do it.

Cheers for that. I've had 6 months from O2 previously which put my paid sub on hold until it ran out - I'll gladly take an extra 3 months for nowt!!

First 2 eps up of the documentary following Ryan Reynold & Rob McElhenney as they purchase Wrexham footy club.

Only watched the first but it's a breezy 30m setting the scene at the club and with the purchasers. Couple of teaching you to suck eggs explainer bits about promotion & relegation being explained for the US audience who can never fathom a team/franchise losing a place in a league but other than that quite enjoyable.

42 minutes ago, Gotters said:

First 2 eps up of the documentary following Ryan Reynold & Rob McElhenney as they purchase Wrexham footy club.

Only watched the first but it's a breezy 30m setting the scene at the club and with the purchasers. Couple of teaching you to suck eggs explainer bits about promotion & relegation being explained for the US audience who can never fathom a team/franchise losing a place in a league but other than that quite enjoyable.

Should be called 'Wrexham: All Or Nothing'.

On 26/08/2022 at 13:01, Gotters said:

I spent half an hour searching for that yesterday on Amazon Prime :mellow:

I ended up watching a film called ToryBoy by a documentary maker who stood as an MP in Middlesborough and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

On 26/08/2022 at 13:01, Gotters said:

Was McElheney joking when he said he was meeting Ryan Reynolds for the first time in the first episode? I imagined the two of them were lifelong pals given, y'know, them buying a football club together and all.

1 minute ago, ckny said:

Was McElheney joking when he said he was meeting Ryan Reynolds for the first time in the first episode? I imagined the two of them were lifelong pals given, y'know, them buying a football club together and all.

I don't know and did wonder that too, not really a fan of either and had to look up who McElherney was.