Disney Plus - Now with even more movies & TV shows

12 hours ago, Welrain said:

I’ll probably let my sub lapse and jump in for a month to binge when the new series are available.  We’ve watched all the marvel films again anyways and the Star content is 99% shite.

This is my plan also, my sub runs out this week will probably wait till after the loki episodes are released and then subscribe for a month.

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

How does the Premier access work?  Is it a one-off, or simply early access for which you can watch as many times as you want?

Early access with unlimited viewing.

39 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

How long did Mulan take to drop off of Premier Access? It was only a few months wasn't it? I think I can hold out for Black Widow to hit pleb tier.

Three months, I think.

Email from Disney+ on 20th February:

As you're an existing annual subscriber for your next renewal you will pay the current standard price of £59.99 for another 12 months. You don’t have to do a thing. Your Disney+ annual subscription will renew automatically for £59.99 on 24 March 2021, and it’ll be charged through your registered payment method.

Only today, it turns out the card I'd registered as payment method had expired, which they would have full well known (and other subscription services send you warnings about). So the payment failed, and they've cancelled my service. If I go on the website to renew, it says I have to pay £79.99, not the discounted renewal price.

Fuck. That.

• Tried their online chat - it's a robot that doesn't understand anything and has no way to connect you to a human.
  • Tried their phone number - queue city, with orchestral hold music being compressed into ear destroying mush. It keeps telling you to use their online chat, saying live agents are available 8AM - 2AM. Ha. It offers you a callback service, but if you press 1 it just puts you back on hold. Then after about half an hour it goes completely silent.
  • Tried Twitter - thousands of people in the same situation, and others who had up-to-date payment info getting charged the £80 price instead of the £60. Call centre evidently totally overwhelmed.

Also, their Roku app is really unstable, and frequently locks up until the box reboots. They have Bluey and the Ducktales reboot though, so they've got me over a barrel.

I'll wait for the dust to settle and some precedents to be established, then try them tomorrow.

On 24/03/2021 at 12:56, Welrain said:

Nuts..forgot to cancel. Oh well.

Interesting. I updated my payment details a couple of days beforehand and got charged the £60, not £80.

After four days and four support calls, I ended up paying the £80 with a promise from support that they'd refund me the £20 difference. Sitting on my stockpile of chat transcripts and screenshots waiting for them to try and wriggle out of that.

Even then, I'm sure it'll show up as a break in service, so next year when they offer a £60 package to people who have been subscribed from day 1, I won't be able to access it. But hopefully we'll be able to do things like go outside by then, so it'll be a bit less necessary.

4 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

After four days and four support calls, I ended up paying the £80 with a promise from support that they'd refund me the £20 difference. Sitting on my stockpile of chat transcripts and screenshots waiting for them to try and wriggle out of that.

Even then, I'm sure it'll show up as a break in service, so next year when they offer a £60 package to people who have been subscribed from day 1, I won't be able to access it. But hopefully we'll be able to do things like go outside by then, so it'll be a bit less necessary.

I'm not sure that'll happen next year anyway, I think all existing subscribers will be hiked up to the new rate the next time around. 

Gave My Name Is Earl a spin, remember it being ok back in the early 2000s, but just found it pretty unlikeable now (except Crab Man). Plenty of other stuff from that time I still like (Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs), but this leaves me cold now.

And the female characters are dreadfully 1-dimensional (psycho redneck ex, and the pretty Mexican housekeeper who inexplicably likes hanging out with two losers, but is also very wise). Not for me anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

Gave My Name Is Earl a spin, remember it being ok back in the early 2000s, but just found it pretty unlikeable now (except Crab Man). Plenty of other stuff from that time I still like (Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs), but this leaves me cold now.

And the female characters are dreadfully 1-dimensional (psycho redneck ex, and the pretty Mexican housekeeper who inexplicably likes hanging out with two losers, but is also very wise). Not for me anymore. 

That's a shame. I too loved it back in the day but haven't watched it in...ooh...ten years or more? I really like Jason Lee so he was a big selling point. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

That's a shame. I too loved it back in the day but haven't watched it in...ooh...ten years or more? I really like Jason Lee so he was a big selling point. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

chipmunk squeakquals and scientology

7 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

He turned to photography.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/feb/01/jason-lee-america-photography-my-name-is-earl-strange-beauty-gold-dust-rush?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

8 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Someone further up the thread still loves it, so your mileage may vary. 

On 29/03/2021 at 23:16, Twinbee said:

Every character is kind of one dimensional though, it's sort of part of the not-quite-real universe it occupies, I kind of see it as being very tongue in cheek about it all but I may be wrong.

Anyway, apologies for the low quality vid, but I too share a love for Crabman and this scene is amazing.

Holy moly! I've just seen they've got Caravan of Courage on there now and a few other old Star Wars things. How long have those been up?

One for those who thought Star Wars side stories only began with Rogue One. I dread to find out how terrible it looks now.

18 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Holy moly! I've just seen they've got Caravan of Courage on there now and a few other old Star Wars things. How long have those been up?

One for those who thought Star Wars side stories only began with Rogue One. I dread to find out how terrible it looks now.

Only up today in the new Star Wars vintage tab (along with the original 2d clone wars series and ewok cartoon series ) best of all both ewok movies are in hd!

3 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Prob just staggering the releases so that they can it up in a month or two time since there won’t be any new Star Wars content until book of bobba at Xmas 

Bad Batch is released on 4th May.