rllmuk
Goose

Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we got it!

1 hour ago, papalazarou said:

mostly the same - they haven't listed any of the fox touchstone)  movies that will also be available (avatar, home alone, willow etc..)

They have!

image.png.a78b03b051b09604c1264984dc10814d.png

image.png.3ffc3d3545d40a5e8a828ca4f8cbcfec.png

1 hour ago, jon_cybernet said:

How does it compare to the US offering?

3 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

They have!

ah cool didn't see those 

Was also amused to see that despite the sky is falling warnings earlier this year that Disney were trying to delete access to originals in favour of re-makes, there were many cases of Disney+ having both the originals and the re-makes available (Freaky Friday, Adventures in Babysitting etc.). 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

They have!

image.png.a78b03b051b09604c1264984dc10814d.png

Gotta admit, didn't expect to see an Alien movie on Disney+!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BongoInferno said:

So what is special about having Disney+ on SkyQ versus just downloading the Disney+ app onto a SmartTV?

Is there some kind of combined search or planner across non-Sky apps on SkyQ? Maybe the ability to record from those apps too?

16 hours ago, Waggo said:

You can get Ultimate On Demand which includes Netflix, but you are still paying for it though.  Think it saves you about 4 quid a month over a stand alone Netflix sub.

Yeah this really sets Netflix apart IMO - unlike Spotify, which is just another app in the Apps section (which you have to subscribe to separately*), if you're a Sky subscriber to a specific plan (Ultimate on Demand) you get a Netflix account.  I'm hoping that Disney+ is the same and not just another app popping up in the Apps section - all indications seem to point to the former.

EDIT:*the existing Spotify with Sky Q offer is the same as the regular Spotify Premium - £9.99 every month but you pay Sky and you get the first three months free.  Getting Netflix with the "Ultimate on Demand" package seems to be a fairly better deal than having the same package and a standalone Netflix account, the integration with the Sky planner thing is the icing on the cake.

@papalazarou  Thanks for that list link, there is a stack of content that I know the kids will enjoy. I've signed up.

22 hours ago, SeanR said:

Disney princess:image.jpeg.b3f2be53f089415064ea51729469664e.jpeg

That looks like it's been made out of bread and overcooked.

• Upvote 1

I think this is a terrible value proposition compared to Netflix, even at the introductory rate. But each to their own.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, grindmouse said:

I think this is a terrible value proposition compared to Netflix, even at the introductory rate. But each to their own.

A lot depends on if you have kids who will enjoy the content. My two girls can't wait! I've cancelled my Now TV sub so it's a straight swap for me.

• Upvote 1

Yup if you have kids it’s a no brainer. I also haven’t seen the clone wars tv series so I am looking forward to that.  

yeah if you have kids then its great - my two have been loving it, as have I.  We have been sitting down and watching some go the cartoons that I grew up on (gummie bears, chip n dale, gargoyles, x-men etc..) 

• Upvote 2

On 05/03/2020 at 10:37, Smoothy said:

I don't understand why it's so hard to produce 4:3 episode in 4:3 format on a 16:9 broadcast?  Time and time again I see broadcasters fail to do it properly - funnily enough it's either Sky or Channel 4 that do this with the early The Simpsons episodes right now.

Netflix manage it with the early seasons of all the Star Trek shows, so no reason they can’t do it properly.

Wow, loads more on that list than I expected. Can't see how anyone (especially with kids) could complain about a lack of content. I could well see this being the only thing we watch for a long time in our family. :) 

31 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Does anyone know if any of the content is 4K?

Yeah a lot of it - the marvel and Star Wars movies def are and a lot of the Disney movies and Pixar stuff is also (plus some surprises like hocus pocus and who framed Rodger rabbit )

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, papalazarou said:

Yeah a lot of it - the marvel and Star Wars movies def are and a lot of the Disney movies and Pixar stuff is also (plus some surprises like hocus pocus and who framed Rodger rabbit )

The Rocketeer is meant to be. Might be the first thing I watch.

• Upvote 1

Nice!

Absolutely can not wait. I’m going to bust my Netflix down to the minimum sub and have both for the same price.

Netflix are going to have to buck up their ideas now. This is the best thing to happen to streaming. Competition at last!

Frozen 2 is coming 3 months early, due to Covid-19, to help keep kids entertained... Tomorrow in the US, Tuesday in the other markets it's currently operating in. I've not seen confirmation if it's in the UK and the rest from launch later this month.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Frozen 2 is coming 3 months early, due to Covid-19, to help keep kids entertained... Tomorrow in the US, Tuesday in the other markets it's currently operating in. I've not seen confirmation if it's in the UK and the rest from launch later this month.

My local cinema is having screenings of Frozen 2 today and tomorrow. I bet they were previously intending to have more screenings of it over Easter too.

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'd imagine public showings will be mandatory for all children in the UK to make sure it spreads. 

• Upvote 1

Will all the Marvel films be on this? Sorry if it has been asked already. Watching Guardians of the Galaxy on BBC One and my daughter is loving it, so a great excuse to go through from start to finish again. 

Spider-Man Homecoming and Far from Home won't be on it. I think Incredible Hulk too.

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Spider-Man Homecoming and Far from Home won't be on it. I think Incredible Hulk too.

Great thanks. Can grab the Spider-Man films on DVD and the rest on Disney+ (For some reason we have Incredible Hulk on DVD)

My Samsung TV is too old to support Disney+. I’m thinking of getting a Fire Stick to support the viewing. Does anyone have an alternative that avoids buying a device or at least a cheaper one.

11 minutes ago, Thunder Monk said:

My Samsung TV is too old to support Disney+. I’m thinking of getting a Fire Stick to support the viewing. Does anyone have an alternative that avoids buying a device or at least a cheaper one.

Have you got an Xbox or PS4 as you can watch it through either of those.