rllmuk
Goose

Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we go it!

19 hours ago, sammy said:

Not sure if mentioned, Free Solo is on there. It’s about Alex Honnold, who wants to climb El Capitan, a 2300 foot VERTICAL SLAB OF GRANITE. Without ropes. Genuinely one of the most incredible things I have ever watched.  

First thing I watched, it's absolutely amazing.

• Upvote 1

Late to the party but Ya Boy Delorean is pretty good, isn't it? Just a good old fun wild west space adventure.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Or just watch the whole lot while nobody is allowed out! 

Essential worker here. I'll never be allowed to stay at home. Unless somebody in the house gets it I suppose.

• Empathy 1

I'm not getting Atmos through on anything I've sampled via Apple TV 4K (and indeed don't seem to be getting 4K either). It's definitely being throttled - sometimes almost down to DVD quality it seems. Not the greatest start but I totally understand it.

1 hour ago, drmick said:

Essential worker here. I'll never be allowed to stay at home. Unless somebody in the house gets it I suppose.

Sad times. Enjoy the time you do get at home then. 

How do you list all content, or is it like Netflix in that you can’t?

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

How do you list all content, or is it like Netflix in that you can’t?

On the Xbox app, you can either go to TV or Movie tab and then one of the options is All Content A-Z. 

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

On the Xbox app, you can either go to TV or Movie tab and then one of the options is All Content A-Z. 

I don’t have an Xbox. I’m using my LG TV.

• Empathy 1

Is there a way to view all of the Disney animation movies in chronological order (Snow White > Ralph Breaks the Internet)? I could only find smaller collections.

Loving this so far. Watched Tron, Tron Legacy, Huck Finn and the Black Hole over the last 2 days and just started on the 90s Spider-Man show.

• Upvote 1

The Jeff Goldblum show is suitably bonkers, and Mandalorian is excellent.  That and all the stuff my kids have watch over the last few days have made it worth £5.99 instantly.

Watched Mandalorian. I can see why they left it weekly as they can’t give away their USP for free.

Went straight to watching The Love Bug and Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo right after though! Any reason why there is such a gap between the two films? 

8 hours ago, probotector said:

Watched Mandalorian. I can see why they left it weekly as they can’t give away their USP for free.

I was surprised that they left it weekly over here because everyone's already seen it, everyone already knows what happens and the package is even an avatar choice. However during the initial run it reminded me why weekly releases were the best way to go. I loved the week of discussions about one single episode, whereas anything on Netflix has it's discussion reduced to the final episode because everyone has binged it and then forgotten about it because they've had no time to sit and think.

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Paulando said:

Is there a way to view all of the Disney animation movies in chronological order (Snow White > Ralph Breaks the Internet)? I could only find smaller collections.

There's a by decade feature in there somewhere but it l's everything, tv stuff and all.

1 hour ago, Jg15 said:

My daughter discovered High School Musical :facepalm:

Mine have watched the first two films & the third this afternoon.

I do wonder though after the first couple of months what new content will be released to keep them entertained.

17 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Mine have watched the first two films & the third this afternoon.

I do wonder though after the first couple of months what new content will be released to keep them entertained.

I would not worry too much about that. Disney have deep pockets and so will buy up new IP’s as appropriate to keep the service fresh, as well as the original content Disney themselves will be bringing out.

10 hours ago, probotector said:

Went straight to watching The Love Bug and Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo right after though! Any reason why there is such a gap between the two films? 

you missed 1974s herbie Rides Again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I was surprised that they left it weekly over here because everyone's already seen it, everyone already knows what happens and the package is even an avatar choice. However during the initial run it reminded me why weekly releases were the best way to go. I loved the week of discussions about one single episode, whereas anything on Netflix has it's discussion reduced to the final episode because everyone has binged it and then forgotten about it because they've had no time to sit and think.

Better Call Saul on Netflix is weekly and always has been. I absolutely prefer it that way and it's kept the thread alive on here.

I binged 3 episodes of Kingdom on Netflix last week and I'm not sure I'll be watching the rest of it.  I probably will given we're on lockdown but I've binged a few series and not bothered with the second seasons. 

I agree, episodic releases certainly have their place.

I've not watched it yet as my kids keep moaning that it's "boring Star Wars". I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, they're OK films so my expectations aren't hype-level. So Baby Yoda is the big reveal?  My avatar is Baby Yoda. 

14 hours ago, probotector said:

I think streaming services have learned that binge watching isn't good for gaining new customers. Releasing it over a number of weeks helps build word of mouth whereas releasing all episodes at the same time means people move on too quickly after watching it.

I watched Solo A Star Wars Story last night and that is an ok movie that was not as good as Rogue One. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, neoELITE said:

I've not watched it yet as my kids keep moaning that it's "boring Star Wars". I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, they're OK films so my expectations aren't hype-level. So Baby Yoda is the big reveal?  My avatar is Baby Yoda. 

To be fair, it was a big reveal back when the show first aired. I know Bruce Willis is dead for example and I've never seen that movie, that's how it goes with old shows and films.

I think Mandalorian is a really enjoyable show, has a real fun 80s action show vibe about it. It's not like The Wire high quality stuff, think more along the lines of A-Team. I think the kids would dig it but it will take some convincing if they find the movies boring. 

It's a big reveal from the first episode of the series, so hardly a shocking twist ending or anything. It's also probably a bigger draw to the series than the main character for some people, based on my wife's reaction at least. I'm really enjoying my Mandalorian rewatch anyway. :D

Watched National Treasure today. It's not a guilty pleasure, because it's a bloody enjoyable film! :D

• Upvote 4

Yeah, I’ve not watched the mandalorian on the high seas, and episode two is actually quite daring. The first eleven minutes contains no dialogue, and the only communication is body language between a bloke in full armour and a puppet with a pair of eyebrows.

Light bit of trolling warning: even a tenth as much risk in film seven or nine might have helped redeem them

1 hour ago, footle said:

Yeah, I’ve not watched the mandalorian on the high seas, and episode two is actually quite daring. The first eleven minutes contains no dialogue, and the only communication is body language between a bloke in full armour and a puppet with a pair of eyebrows.

Light bit of trolling warning: even a tenth as much risk in film seven or nine might have helped redeem them

Episode 3, I have a feeling it only ramps up from there :)