Watch Dogs Legion - Online Mode 9th March

Well, with regards my ending crash above, I was able to ultimately finish the game, as when I loaded it up again it worked fine this time.

One of my operatives is still listed as 'UNAVAILABLE' though. Since I've now finished the main story and now just have a few side missions to clear up, I'm guessing he'll stay unavailable from now on.

Been loving this on the Series S but a couple of times I’ve reloaded the game it’s lost a bit of progress which a irritated but last time I jumped in its list a good few hours and I’m back to where I was a few days ago. Which really grinds. I’m going to leave this for now as I’m going to really get bored quick if I keep needing to replay sections. 

Surely this issue will get patched ASAP? Seems Ubisoft are trying to be too clever and in the end I’d rather a traditional Dave button so I know and can see when and where my game is saved. 

12 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Been loving this on the Series S but a couple of times I’ve reloaded the game it’s lost a bit of progress which a irritated but last time I jumped in its list a good few hours and I’m back to where I was a few days ago. Which really grinds. I’m going to leave this for now as I’m going to really get bored quick if I keep needing to replay sections. 

Surely this issue will get patched ASAP? Seems Ubisoft are trying to be too clever and in the end I’d rather a traditional Dave button so I know and can see when and where my game is saved. 

I was ready to pick this up now it's on sale, but then read a post on Reddit where apparently on Series X|S at least, the game now stops saving after 30 minutes. 

On 20/11/2020 at 09:02, Madness said:

Anyone worked out how to upgrade the disc version from PS4 to PS5? The option just doesn’t seem to be there. 

This appears to be bugged which is ridiculous.. Lots of people reporting this on the Ubi forums with no fix.

I've put about 12 hours into this on PS4 but given the fact I can't play the PS5 version yet due to this issue I might just give up. I do enjoy the setting because it's London so areas are familiar to me but the rest of the gameplay is meh and if this wasn't set in London I would have ditched this by now.

On 20/11/2020 at 07:53, Sng said:

Anyone with a PS5 managed to transfer their save? I'm sure they said it would be fine but I can't even see my PS4 save to download it to PS5.

The trophy list also looks completely separate.

Ubisoft saves are now Ubisoft cloud based aren’t they?

I've been playing this through Ubisoft connect. Yesterday I was getting about 50-55 fps with some much lower momentary drops, low 40's that would then bounce back to the aforementioned 50's This is at at 4K with mainly high/ultra settings and RT performance mode.

Tonight I noticed I was getting basically a locked 60 fps. Thought my settings had reset so went into the menu, everything was the same except reflections being locked to medium without the option to change and the extra detail slider being locked to 0.

I think Ubisoft are doing some major tinkering to highly intensive settings and locking them off for a time. At least they are at the minute. 

Quite happy with how the game is running, RT is seemingly working well in game, think the locked off reflection option is for other stuff they add to their RT solution, screen space stuff and resolution etc. Hopefully when it comes back it won't tank performance but tbh I'm quite happy with how the RT looks without whatever that option tab does beyond medium.

Basically I think there is some major tinkering going on to get performance up.

Extra details is locked to 0 if you’ve got geometry set to anything other than max (dont set it to max - you can’t see the difference). And if you’ve got raytracing on, aren’t the normal reflection settings disabled?

Just completed the main story. I enjoyed it although it did drag at the end and I did tiresome of some of the repetitive puzzle elements. The setting is great and at night London looks lush on the Series X.

The save game problem is a big issue and not being fixed until early Dec apparently. I generally had to stop every now and then to quit to the main menu to save but if the Ubisoft servers go offline, you are fucked basically as it’s impossible to save progress. I had to complete the last 2 hours or so of the game in one sitting as I noticed they went offline and knew I had to crack on and finish or lose a lot of progress. 

Paid £40 and CEX will give me £31 cash so will trade in when they re-open next week. 

This seems to be the depressing new business model for games now:

Step one: Release a game not only with features missing, but in a very buggy state

Step two: Promise to add those features within a certain timescale

Step three: Delay missing features citing that bugs must be prioritised above missing features for the sake of game quality

And they just seem to get away with it without recourse either in terms of sales or negative press...

I mean, I'm assuming with Watchdogs they realised they had to push it out the door when they did, since any later and it would have been up against both their other open world games, but still :(

If few people were going to care about the online in December, even fewer are going to care next year. Shame because the invasions and such would have given the main game some much needed variety. 

This must have sold incredibly poorly to discounted so heavily already. Am even wondering if we'll get a fourth as the second didn't do great at launch either. It sold ok in the end but only after heavy discounting again.

The game world is really well created for virtual tourism but the expansive map is let down by the meat and potatoes gameplay, plus the fact that the driving in this is so woeful ( just smash your way along with zero repercussions) that you just end up fast travelling from mission to mission; which are invariably the other side of the map every time.

The character swapping has potential, but as you never get bound to any character just equip with a drone and an AR cloak and its job done.

I think this would be a better game with a smaller scope; a base rather than a city, where the combat and puzzles could be expanded on.

Loved driving through brick lane, it feels exactly like I know it (a few bits missing here and there), my favourite bar doesn’t exist but nice to know that salt beef bagels are still available in dystopian London. It’s not all bad. So is Box Park and Dinerama strangely enough. 

It’s good tourism and a nice diversion from the endless tired American city clones that fill this type of open world game. 

Another nice touch was was jumping onto the London eye and finding its actually functioning! 

On 25/11/2020 at 18:38, Retroguy said:

This seems to be the depressing new business model for games now:

Step one: Release a game not only with features missing, but in a very buggy state

Step two: Promise to add those features within a certain timescale

Step three: Delay missing features citing that bugs must be prioritised above missing features for the sake of game quality

And they just seem to get away with it without recourse either in terms of sales or negative press...

No, it's just Covid. There's been plenty more games coming out rougher this year than they should have been because of the disruption.

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

No, it's just Covid. There's been plenty more games coming out rougher this year than they should have been because of the disruption.

Yes but the danger is that now they know they can basically get away with it- it’s possible going forward some companies might just do this as standard. I’m also not convinced it’s all down to COVID. Lots of games with these issues were delayed multiple times before and likely had development issues.

7 minutes ago, K said:

I dunno, not sure anyone’s going to look at Watch Dogs’ sales or reception and think “I want some of this”. 

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until it's free on the Epic store or PS+ for PS5, whichever is first. 

2 hours ago, K said:

I dunno, not sure anyone’s going to look at Watch Dogs’ sales or reception and think “I want some of this”. 

I think a lot of that is probably down to the fact that this was pushed out the door amongst a load of other bigger, more popular franchise releases.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'm sure it won't be all games doing that, but it has been a bit of a pattern with some recent releases.

If anyone was thinking of going back to this on Xbox after the new patch this week- the TU 2.20 patch DOES NOT fix the issue with save games on that console. I'm sure the articles I read about the multiplayer delay implied that the 2.20 patch would fix the issue, but apparently not.

The Watch Dogs twitter account has replied to questions asking for an ETA for the fix, saying "we don't have a date for now, but the dev team is working hard to fix that issue", which doesn't exactly sound hopeful.

• gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Online Mode 9th March