Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)

Well so far performance is actually not to bad. My 2070 plays this at around 45-60fps with ray tracing on high and DLSS on balanced. I am playing it at 3440x1440 as well so if I knocked it down to 1440p then I could probably hit 50-60 at all times.

I don't know if it's because I'm using a vpn to play a few hours early but if you lose online connection to the Ubisoft servers the game just shuts down instantly.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Sadly not, they're fast travel points. You can go as far as the gates and then get taken to the game map.

Wow, what incredible attention to detail. 

18 minutes ago, Majora said:

If you need any concrete proof that videogames warp our minds, I'm finding it incredibly hard not to drive on the right hand side of the road in this.

That happened to me with Sleeping Dogs. Never really did manage to rewire myself for it.

22 minutes ago, Majora said:

If you need any concrete proof that videogames warp our minds, I'm finding it incredibly hard not to drive on the right hand side of the road in this.

*Me playing FH4 for the first few hours* :lol: 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Inevitably some areas are really faithful and some have been butchered nearly beyond recognition. Leicester Square and China Town look pretty good but I spent about 5 minutes looking for nearby Soho until I realised it had basically been condensed into a sad little alleyway of sex shops and rainbow flags which I guess is a reasonable amalgamation of what most people would associate with the area.

When some of it is so accurate it totally throws you when so much liberty is taken with other parts. Brewer Street tube station is a new one to me and the bus that just said 'City Centre via all boroughs' as a destination made me laugh.

I really haven't played enough of the game itself to have much of an opinion on it in all honesty, I'm mostly fascinated with just driving and walking around at the minute.

Shame about Soho, do they have Carnaby Street? Like seemingly everyone else I just want to wander past where I work.

26 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Shame about Soho, do they have Carnaby Street? Like seemingly everyone else I just want to wander past where I work.

Not sure just yet, I'd be surprised if they didn't but enough places are different enough to totally lose orientation. The layout of South London loses me every time, you have Nine Elms, Stockwell and Brixton lined up in a horizontal row right at the bottom of the map. Was pleased to see they had Brixton village market though.

What I have realised is how much I rely on shop signs to get my bearings. Without the proper shops it takes me way longer to figure out where I am than it should.

7 minutes ago, layten said:

Where is the fuck the fuck off button?

image.png.49a1dd5e832309fc4dde09bede05685f.png

Obviously you need anticheat software to make your single player game a fair environment.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Crowley said:

Ok, let's go. Hard difficulty, permadeath on.

I read snippets of a review that said this was the best way to play. Let us know how you find the difficulty 

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

I read snippets of a review that said this was the best way to play. Let us know how you find the difficulty 

So far I'd say Hard is perfectly doable. I'm shit at games and have managed to get out of a couple of tough scrapes with my so far only operative. 

I'm also surprised how solid it looks on the PS4 Pro. I'll be interested to see how much better it'll look on the PS5.

• gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Visit London

Hard permadeath here as well, from what I've read normal difficulty is really easy so you need that combination of a little challenge plus the potential threat of permanent death of one of your favourite recruits to really make the premise shine. Hard doesn't seem overly hard from what I've played thus far.

11 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

Well so far performance is actually not to bad. My 2070 plays this at around 45-60fps with ray tracing on high and DLSS on balanced. I am playing it at 3440x1440 as well so if I knocked it down to 1440p then I could probably hit 50-60 at all times.

I'm definitely CPU-limited then (my CPU is ancient now) as I'm playing this on Ultra with Ray Tracing on high and DLSS on balanced with a 3080 at 1440p and it definitely is dipping to 30 at times.

As for the game? Not played enough to give a real verdict yet but the opening was great fun and then the moment I was on the streets I just spent 30 minutes driving around their version of London.

They've done an amazing job.

The reflections on the PS4 Pro version are really impressive I think. I've only done a couple of the main missions and I think permadeath isn't fully in effect yet, I've recruited four more operatives so I'm ready for when it does.

So far I'm really impressed by the procedural population, it's pretty crazy.:D

8 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Feels similar to WD2 to me. I tend to use motorbikes wherever possible cos they handle much better.

I'm going to try the game on my 1060 laptop in a mo. I thought the game ran quite nicely on my desktop, but resetera are up in arms over the performance.

Fuck that then - Valhalla it is. 

25 minutes ago, Thor said:

How is the driving in this? In Watchdogs 2 the driving is an absolute joke.

Incredibly lightweight from what I've experienced so far. Motorbikes are super twitchy, I think my favourite handling vehicle has been a scooter.

Performance on the One X has been pretty solid. It does look and feel a bit dated as a whole, like a game from 2014, but it runs fine and at night the lighting is quite nice. Daytime it's very ordinary looking. Will be interesting to see the difference raytracing makes on the Series X.

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Are you in some kind of Saw style death trap where someone is forcing you to choose an Ubisoft open world game? Blink twice if you need us to call the  authorities.

I just fancy a new game to be honest. :lol:

I think the driving is serviceable, plenty of light electric cars, you press X to enable autodrive. The fast travel is pretty fast too, I suspect I won't be driving much once I've revealed most of the map.

• gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)