Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)

Gor bloimy lav a dack, Mary Popp'ns!

From what I've seen the accents are decent. The prologue has a Yorkshireman in it, which is nice. But yeah, the writing seems a bit off on the mannerisms and colloquialisms and that

Keeping my pre order, it’s seems like there’s plenty to be enjoyed even if it’s a bit rough around the edges. 

The hard part is resisting playing it until I have the Series X!

1 hour ago, K said:

My best case scenario for the game is that everyone in it speaks like Butcher from The Boys or Don Cheadle from Ocean's Eleven, and spends the whole film drinking lager out of teapots while shouting "quid me a lemon, pal!" or "Mated my nadgers right off, she did".

Butcher is definitely the new watermark for can’t-quite-tell-if-it’s-unintentional faux-British hilarity, although they’ve definitely started leaning into it with his similarly ludicrous family tree.

Apparently this has bricked some reviewers machines. It's also reported that the game would just randomly crash pc's when using ray tracing. Personally I'm going to join the ubi club thing for a month and then just tell it to get fucked.

5 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Butcher is definitely the new watermark for can’t-tell-if-it’s-unintentional hilarious faux Britishness, although they’ve definitely started leaning into it with his similarly ludicrous family tree.

I couldn't tell if he was supposed to Australian for ages and then when a family member appeared I thought "Oh... He IS Australian...? ...Are they?"

I've ordered this now!

In my head it makes perfect sense that I kidded on I wasn't going to until I read an article about it having a game breaking bug on my platform of choice.

looking forward to this, soundtrack isn't for me, hip hop my arse that's all for the yoof not an old chap like me.

best soundtrack ever in a game was this station on GTAIII when this came on when @Stanley booted the game up we nearly lost it. Defo needed some underground jungle station this game.

1 minute ago, pulsemyne said:

Apparently this has bricked some reviewers machines. It's also reported that the game would just randomly crash pc's when using ray tracing. Personally I'm going to join the ubi club thing for a month and then just tell it to get fucked.

Not before it fucks your machine, maybe.

9 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I couldn't tell if he was supposed to Australian for ages and then when a family member appeared I thought "Oh... He IS Australian...? ...Are they?"

Kiwi.

And yeah Butchers accent is absolutely OTT on purpose.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Kiwi.

And yeah Butchers accent is absolutely OTT on purpose.

Huh, I thought he was supposed to be British. Totally couldn't place it, never even thought he might be a Kiwi. 

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

Huh, I thought he was supposed to be British. Totally couldn't place it, never even thought he might be a Kiwi. 

Sorry, confusion. Urban is a Kiwi. Butcher is most definitely supposed to be a Cockerney

My Xbox copy just arrived, which I'll be playing on the One X and then Series X when that comes out.

Reading that Eurogamer article, I think I should be ok as long as I don't play the mission called 404 before the patch on Friday? I doubt I'll get 6-8 hours playtime with it before the weekend anyway.

4 hours ago, Dave White said:

looking forward to this, soundtrack isn't for me, hip hop my arse that's all for the yoof not an old chap like me.

best soundtrack ever in a game was this station on GTAIII when this came on when @Stanley booted the game up we nearly lost it. Defo needed some underground jungle station this game.

Oh man, best times - can’t we just travel back in time to then! 

This has audio files you can pick up and you can only listen to them in the menu, not while driving or walking around. And some of them are podcasts that literally last 5-10 minutes. And if you accidentally move off the tab you have to listen to the whole podcast from the start. The podcasts are relatively decent little world builders but I'm not sitting in a menu for 5-10 minutes for each one. This feels like basic QOL stuff to get right. 

3 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Unlocked the PC version early and if the benchmark is anything to go by, my 2070s should be fine for 60fps with medium RT thanks to DLSS. Looks lovely. HDR seems to work nicely too.

How did you manage that? I'm all preloaded via Ubisoft Connect or whatever it's called and would love to dive in early if I can.

6 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

It crashes randomly without ray tracing as well. It's also got an anticheat that runs despite the game not having MP yet.

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

First pub I walk in. First fucking one.

Free lines on a shirt...

It's a really odd song choice, I'd have gone for Vindaloo for something more in keeping with the atmosphere of the game if  they needed a football song. 

Inevitably some areas are really faithful and some have been butchered nearly beyond recognition. Leicester Square and China Town look pretty good but I spent about 5 minutes looking for nearby Soho until I realised it had basically been condensed into a sad little alleyway of sex shops and rainbow flags which I guess is a reasonable amalgamation of what most people would associate with the area.

When some of it is so accurate it totally throws you when so much liberty is taken with other parts. Brewer Street tube station is a new one to me and the bus that just said 'City Centre via all boroughs' as a destination made me laugh.

I really haven't played enough of the game itself to have much of an opinion on it in all honesty, I'm mostly fascinated with just driving and walking around at the minute.

4 minutes ago, AI said:

Does this have a working underground then?

Sadly not, they're fast travel points. You can go as far as the gates and then get taken to the game map.

• gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Visit London
  • gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)