rllmuk
gospvg

Watch Dogs Legion - 06/03/2020 (PC/XB1/PS4)

Did anyone read the Amazon UK product listing? It includes something like "London makes sense for WD". 

That's an odd thing in an official listing. I think I'll wait for Ubisoft to actually say it's based on post-Brexit London.

17 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

That's why I specifically said I was a bit annoyed and that it was slightly insensitive. People are likely to suffer because of Brexit. I'm not losing sleep over a videogame.

Actually you said it feels "more than slightly sensitive". Bit of a difference. Personally, If they do go down the brexit route, I'm keen to see how far they push it. 

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Actually you said it feels "more than slightly sensitive". Bit of a difference. 

Not much. And certainly not enough to warrant your initial response.

Lol, pole up your arse much. :lol: The fact you find it insensitive in the slightest is pretty damned hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Lol, pole up your arse much. :lol:

I'm actually nothing like this at all but that's not relevant to the thread. Being polite to an arsehole is preferable to acting like one.

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

Did anyone read the Amazon UK product listing? It includes something like "London makes sense for WD". 

That's an odd thing in an official listing. I think I'll wait for Ubisoft to actually say it's based on post-Brexit London.

Even without Brexit London has an insane number of CCTV cameras, ANPR and facial recognition that make it a surveillance nightmare. TFL track people via WIFi logins and Oyster cards. 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/22/18635584/london-underground-tube-tfl-wi-fi-tracking-privacy-data-security-transport

it makes sense of WD to take place there.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, barkbat said:

I hope there's an Easter egg where one of the buses has the 'we give the EU £350m a week' sign on it.

In fact, I hope there's another Easter egg where there's a fat blonde-mopped white man hanging motionless from a zip-line, and if you drive the Brexit bus straight into him, you get a super secret Brucie Brexit Bonus that makes half the shops close and the price of everything in the game triple.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, ryodi said:

it makes sense of WD to take place there.

Absolutely, it doesn't need mention of brexit. I mean, on top of what you linked to, Amazon is renting out use of its doorbell cameras to police. There's why I've always thoroughly enjoyed WD, it portrays a future we could so easily sleepwalk into.

• Upvote 1

Watch Dogs 2 wasn't afraid to have missions that directly referenced real people and situations. I'd be surprised if WD London didn't have all these things, to be honest. I'd expect it to feel very different to the "not political" MAGA-fest of The Division.

Thank god I was worried for a moment that Ubisoft wouldn’t do a dozen different versions you need a spreadsheet to differentiate between.

8 minutes ago, Pob said:

How can that tech even work with permadeath on such bespoke characters?

One or two motion captured skeletons. Lots of voice over lines. Archetypes.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, footle said:

One or two motion captured skeletons. Lots of voice over lines. Archetypes.

That's what I assumed but when you've characters as diverse as a 75-year-old ex-assassin granny and endless bespoke dialogue, surely there's got to be some split between generic NPCs that you take over and a roster of more unique characters. I was expecting the protagonists to be hackers sequestered away from the action somewhere and the NPCs you can recruit to be footsoldiers would have a selection of generic barks.

Looks ok like the permadeath idea but release date is too close to Cyberpunk & Final Fantasy 7.

https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-legion-is-the-most-impressive-e3-demo-ive-played-in-years/

Let me tell you about Abe Welch. He's a hired goon who is now in a hospital. I put him there, after performing a melee takedown on him in Camden Market during a mission in Watch Dogs Legion. It was at this point I decided to save him to my collection of tracked people in the game. A menu screen tells me he hates Dedsec, no surprise after I knocked him out. But, having hacked into the hospital, I can now prioritise his care, which will begin to change his mind on Dedsec. From there, I can help him with the other troubles in his life, like his sister who's being harassed. Eventually, I will have the chance to win Abe Welch to my cause. If all goes well, he'll have gone from being a random enemy goon to my new playable character.

• Upvote 3

On 05/06/2019 at 22:01, RaoulSilva said:

E3 Bingo question: How many London busses will we see during the trailer?

The first one I noticed was just going to “city centre” which made me chuckle. 

7 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Great article. This sounds like one of my dream game ideas become reality. I hope they pull it off and it's not too easy to see beyond the smoke and mirrors!

Clint says they have 20 full-voiced character archetypes with their own dialogue. I guess they can use some clever voice trickery to modulate the recorded voices to make it sound like more.

• Upvote 1

Eh, it’s about 6 weeks before Cyberpunk and the FF7 Remake is aiming at a very different audience.

I’ll be getting it if only to drive around London and try to play the whole game as OAPs. I hope Brixton is in it and I can drive past my house.