rllmuk
Dudley

Yesterzine - The literal magazine show

Literally as I sail out of Southampton on a boat, long story, here’s a lovely special for you.

Cut from episode six, here’s a look at Die Hard Trilogy on the PlayStation, which got a very middling review in that CVG.

• Upvote 1

If you've watched any Yesterzine you'll know we have a theme tune.

And if you've played any games in the Amiga days you probably know the author, if not by name.

And if you've played anything in 25 years you'll recognise the series in which he did his most famous work.

But how did I get from a surprise discovery on a PC Format coverdisk in 1994 to a licenced show theme tune in 2019?

The answer in under 9 minutes....

• Upvote 2

A brief offering this week where I take on UK games legend Dave Perry. My chief advantage? It's him 23 years ago and I've not told him about it.

• Upvote 2

Link isn't going to work until 5:30pm UK but I won't be here so....

A special episode with a twist.  At Christmas 1994, Rise of the Robots was both the highest and lowest scorer in issues of Amiga Action and Amiga Power.

Who was right?  Are they still right?  What leads to the exact same game getting scores with a range of 87%?

And why is Brain May involved?

• Upvote 2

The highest of praise.

Nothing this week, mainly because I fucked up the scheduling but it's time to try releasing more ad hoc anyway since I've burned through the backlog.  There's 1 more Yesterzine special, since Droo requested Dune on Mega CD a page or two back and a pilot for a new idea that still follows the "Retro games but in the context of playing them in 2019" philosophy which I'm just at that stage of alternately hating and loving now I've done a pilot.

I have the next 3 yesterzine proper sketched out, although other than scripts the only thing that actually exists for them is a minute of so of Lorfarius very kindly talking about an Amiga classic.

• Upvote 1