Megadrive Mini

Yeah it's easy enough. This video is pretty comprehensive, starts by showing you how to fully remove Lunar to return to stock, then just download Hakchi 3.8 rather than 3.7 when prompted in the video and follow the instructions. It's nice to not have the boxes for Retroarch and Boot Menu that Lunar has anymore. Spine art generator is still a bit crap but at least now you can upload your own if it bothers you. 

Having the Mega CD in it's own folder with all those pal boxes and spines I grew up with is really nice. 

I'll need to get around to doing this. Fancy putting Sonic 3 & Knuckles on there. I remember reading that you needed a specific version. Does anyone know if there's an IPS patch or if I need a specific ROM? Ideally I'd just use the ROM from the Steam collection.

5 hours ago, Down by Law said:

I think Hakchi is 3.8 on Mega Drive now and you can change the players and genre in the Hakchi menu.

Hakchi 3.8 is a great update - all the stock game info now comes over, it's really fast loading and smooth and seems more stable than Lunar. Really easy to set up folders for 32X and Mega CD and is now my preferred option.

Indeed! 

Thanks for the heads up :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Late to this, anyone have issues with light crusader, walking in certain directions causes the whole screen to judder few hours of that would cause nausea!

Also, why has shinobi got the most confusing naming of any game in history!? I think I need a look up table to figure what version is what!

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, it's a complete fucking mess.

Not at all. It's very simple as this simple diagram simply points out (the simplicity). Though I'd like to add it's made a mistake, since Dragon's Curse on the PC Engine is in fact simply called "Adventure Island", even though it's actually Dragon's Curse.

familytree.jpg