rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Megadrive Mini - Emulation by M2, Menu Music by Yuzo Koshiro, 42 Games (Listed in 1st Post)

Any updates on this’ll? Thinking the jap MD with 6 button pads is the one to get, assuming there’ll be a language select to English in the menu?

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I wonder what they'll do with the Genesis release and Mega Man the Wily Wars? I'm pretty sure there isn't a US 60hz rom and the PAL version was pretty awful.

If anyone sees any retailers selling the JP six button pad please post em up.

3 minutes ago, Revival said:

Will those pads be 100% compatible with this then?

Fucking hope so. Also it's official and USB so it'd be pretty fucking stupid for them not to be but then it is Sega so I get your reservations.

• Upvote 1

some great games added, but the addition of stretfighter II makes the decision of 3 buttons pads utterly ridiculous!

1 hour ago, Revival said:

I wonder what they'll do with the Genesis release and Mega Man the Wily Wars? I'm pretty sure there isn't a US 60hz rom and the PAL version was pretty awful.

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that all the versions of Wily Wars are pretty awful when compared with the modded / improved / bugfixed versions that exist nowadays. Street Fighter II is another one which won't be such a pleasure if you're more recently used to playing audio / video patched versions.

And why Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle? Miracle World needs to take its place as a secret Master System game, surely?

These are niche concerns though in the scheme of things. 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Fucking hope so. Also it's official and USB so it'd be pretty fucking stupid for them not to be but then it is Sega so I get your reservations.

That blue one you linked to is the actual Megadrive compatible one rather than the USB one though, which is here:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Bit-Official-8-button-Arcade-Control/dp/B07H3Q2CFS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

They’ve added Street Fighter II but not three extra buttons to the controllers we’re getting with it.

http://megadrivemini.sega.com/

It’s fine, you can switch between kick and punch with the start button if using a 3-button pad.

Spoiler

lol

• Upvote 2

Vectorman is the most bland shite, I never understand why it keeps getting ported. Terrible game. Alex Kidd on MD is a load of crap compared to Miracle World.

Still not a terrible list but definitely worse than the previous 10. 

• Upvote 2

Never played Vectorman in its day, but I remember Mean Machines Sega raving about it.

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle is indeed a bit meh, but the rest of that list is a great selection imo.

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Vectorman is the most bland shite, I never understand why it keeps getting ported. Terrible game. Alex Kidd on MD is a load of crap compared to Miracle World.

Still not a terrible list but definitely worse than the previous 10. 

Yep - I agree. Disappointing 10 all in all. Spinball suggests to me that we aren't getting Sonic 3 and S&K. MWIV would be the better Wonderboy game.

With only 10 left now I am not convinced we will get the remaining excellent Treasure games (Dynamite Headdy and Rocket Knight Adventures), no EA so far, and not sure Strider and Revenge of Shinobi will both make it.

On 31/03/2019 at 14:19, Skull Commander said:

... They really need to produce something special to get noticed which means no Flicky, no shitty 2d Virtua Fighter 2 and certainly no bloody Vectorman! 

:doh:

Dream last 10 lists then:

Rocket Knight Adventures 

Streets of Rage

Revenge of Shinobi

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Aladdin

Splatterhouse 3

Zero Wing

Soleil

Musha

No fucking chance in hell pick:

Robocop vs Terminator

• Upvote 3

Dream final top 10:

Virtua Racing

Cannon Fodder

Earthworm Jim 2

Robocop vs. The Terminator

Flashback

Urban Strike

Zombies ate my Neighbours

Micro Machines ‘96

Snow Bros. Nick & Tom

The Terminator

On 16/05/2019 at 17:09, MW_Jimmy said:

Yep - I agree. Disappointing 10 all in all. Spinball suggests to me that we aren't getting Sonic 3 and S&K. MWIV would be the better Wonderboy game.

With only 10 left now I am not convinced we will get the remaining excellent Treasure games (Dynamite Headdy and Rocket Knight Adventures), no EA so far, and not sure Strider and Revenge of Shinobi will both make it.

With Koshiro making the menu music, there'd basically be bloody murder if Revenge isn't on this. But yes, the other titles are not looking quite as likely now. :(

On 16/05/2019 at 15:50, Paulando said:

It’s fine, you can switch between kick and punch with the start button if using a 3-button pad.

Hide contents

lol

I played Championship Edition with a 3 button for like 10 years/until Street Fighter 4. It's fine when you don't know any better. :wub:

On 16/05/2019 at 14:08, Revival said:

I wonder what they'll do with the Genesis release and Mega Man the Wily Wars? I'm pretty sure there isn't a US 60hz rom and the PAL version was pretty awful

It had a US release on the SEGA Channel modem service thing, so a US version exists.