rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
djbhammer

F1 2019

This might be the first Codies F1 game I don't buy. I just don't have any faith right now that the handling and the force feedback will be substantially better and both need to be.

Theres no VR mode, in this day and age...

It's the same fucking thing every year, yet they don't have the basic insight to make it more interesting by adding VR.

Pass....

• Upvote 3

The. VR could always appear later like it did with Dirt Rally 2.0. As for me I have no interest in VR and playing on a pad I enjoyed the handling and gameplay in 2018 so I’m looking forward to this but like all sports game I will wait for the first discount before buying it. 

• Upvote 1

The major problem for Codies is that other racing games have raised the bar. F12018 would have been impressive in 2014, today not so much.

It’s time for someone else to get a crack at the license imo.

If it was an appealing license someone would have taken it already, Codemasters are a very small company compared to other racing game developers. They are also hampered by the rules and regulation changes every year unlike FIFA yearly updates for example. I don't think there's the market for licensed racing games anymore and I don't think F1 sells enough to justify another company coming in and grabbing the license, a situation that is about to get worse as F1 disappears around paywalls around the world. 

They've apparently been working on this for two years and it has F2 as well so if there is any chance of this improving this has to be it. Or it could be the Assassins Creed III of the series to it'll be interesting what difference the longer development time has made.

F2 probably didn’t takes much effort, a few parameter tweaks to the F1 engine and some car models/liveries. If it’s built into the career as a feeder into F1 then would be really good. If it’s completely separate then meh.

Someone should grab the BTCC licence.

Agreed I'd also love a dedicated Australian V8 Supercars game  as well. It's a shame they seem to have died off with NASCAR Heat and WRC 9 this year the only licensed standalone games with NASCAR even appearing as an add on to Forza 6 a few years back. 

EDIT: As the post below says, WRC8 is the newest release not WRC9.

WRC9?  Did they skip 8?

Anyway, looks like I'll be picking up F1218 in June.  I like the games, but don't think they're worth full price.

Might get the Bone version for a change, after 3 PS4 versions.

3 hours ago, parrapatheslapper said:

This. God knows why no one has at this stage. 

Because no one will buy it. 

Well, some diehards will, but nowhere near enough to justify purchasing the licence and producing a dedicated game. Not with the likes of Forza and GT dominating. 

• Upvote 2

I hate the Monaco GP.  Boring as hell to watch the real thing and frustrating to play.  It's the only one I don't enjoy in F1 2017.

I’ll  be getting the it but only because I’m still enjoying have a wheel set up. Currently using it on Farming Sim 17 as well !

43 minutes ago, Dudley said:

This is the other problem of course, you can't wait and see if it's any good, if you want the full game you have to pay £75 and you have to do it now.

Where are you getting £75 from? Legend edition is £55 at Game Collection for example.

Fair enough, from looking when they first announced it is the answer, although it looks like you can't find it for more than £65 now.

Point though is pre-order, at more than full price or get less of a game.

--

Incidendally I notice Codies has removed the "Totally not cigarette" advertising from the McLaren and Ferrari.

Weirdly, they've left the alcohol advertising on the Sauber and the "Totally not a betting advert" version of the Racing Point.

This is the problem with releasing early, they're making guesses at performance.  Bad ones given how well Williams are doing.

The other problem is that the guy will not shut up.

"I'll leave you to watch the last 2 laps " * Waffles on for more than another lap*

I’m interested in this but the last one put me off with all that interview shit. Who cares.

I also didn’t like having to load up practice sessions, only to skip them. Why can’t I go straight to quali? Hope that’s fixed. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MattKB said:

I’m interested in this but the last one put me off with all that interview shit. Who cares.

I also didn’t like having to load up practice sessions, only to skip them. Why can’t I go straight to quali? Hope that’s fixed. 

Agreed. All of the practice shit to unlock upgrades to your car so you stay competitive sucked. I just wanted 1 shot quali followed by a race. 

On 01/06/2019 at 18:45, Dudley said:

This is the problem with releasing early, they're making guesses at performance.  Bad ones given how well Williams are doing.

Plus the codies F1 games are almost always broken on release day. I don't see how launching this early in the season is going to help with that. 

I'll bypass the negativity shown here and say that F1 2018 has been one of the best racing games I've ever played.

Has almost all the rules and stipulations of the sport, great graphics, brilliant sound, fantastic physics and the best single player racing I've had in years. If you've not given it a go and love F1, it's £11 on Steam now.

Dirt Rally is £4 too. :wub:

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Wools said:

I'll bypass the negativity shown here and say that F1 2018 has been one of the best racing games I've ever played.

Has almost all the rules and stipulations of the sport, great graphics, brilliant sound, fantastic physics and the best single player racing I've had in years. If you've not given it a go and love F1, it's £11 on Steam now.

Dirt Rally is £4 too. :wub:

Played it with a wheel?

• Upvote 1

Just now, parrapatheslapper said:

Played it with a wheel?

Nope, XB1 Controller.

23 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Played it with a wheel?

BOOM

• Upvote 1