Borderlands 3

mechamonkey

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm kinda... ambivalent about it if I'm honest. I thought I'd be more excited than I am.

Same here, but thats because I think they are going to mess it up somehow. If Borderlands 3 is exactly like Borderlands 2 then I will be happy. New features are not always a good thing. Rage 2 being a good example. 

23 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Same here, but thats because I think they are going to mess it up somehow. If Borderlands 3 is exactly like Borderlands 2 then I will be happy. New features are not always a good thing. Rage 2 being a good example. 

Yeah, maybe. All the videos and everything up to now have been making the right noises, though. Maybe when next week comes I'll be 'hype'.

Not gonna lie though, the thought of lining Randy fucking Pitchfords pockets grates. The Devs don't deserve to have that dickhead as CEO.

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm kinda... ambivalent about it if I'm honest. I thought I'd be more excited than I am.

Same here.  Honestly I think that bridging DLC they brought out for Borderlands 2 has put me off it a bit.  I was a bit tired of the writing by its end, and I'm not really up for another god knows how many hours of the same.

I've read that they have tried to reduce the scaling so if you find a decent weapon you can hold onto it for longer than bl2 (which was around 5 levels). Missions are also repeatable and there seems to be more ways to get endgame gear. 

Of course there are plenty that want the game to grind for elite gear (myself included) so i think there should be something for everyone. Hopefully the whole endgame isn't built around a bee shield and one or two weapons this time. As much as i love the series, grinding for exactly the same gear every couple of op levels got boring very quickly for me

I'm still frothing at the mouth excited, but I will only be playing this once a week (but for the next couple of years if previous Borderlands have been anything to go by) - my best friend and I have played every single bit of everything you can do (all difficulties) in the past so we will be continuing that tradition.
However I'm sure this will be spoiled to death so I'm going totally dark from now on,
Good luck Vault Hunters - catch a riiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!

Quite a few reviews are out: https://www.gamerankings.com/pc/261125-borderlands-3/articles.html

It seems to be a lot more of the same, with more shinies, and a dollop of bad, overplayed jokes. I don't even follow the story in Borderlands, quite frankly, I just want to jump on and chat to some mates while we run around killing stuff, gain XP and unlock loot. If it's more of that, I'm cool.

37 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Read some of the US reviews and it's basically more of the same. They have played it safe & not tried much new.

If they'd tried much new they'd have been strung up. Or it'd have ended up like some GaaS bollocks. Of course this also means it's more likely to be Borderlands 2.5. Damned if they do damned if they don't.

I don't know what I'm going to find. There's equal chance I'll play it for another 200 hours or I'll play it for 10 and realise I don't give a fuck. That might have more to do with my lack of excitement about it and reluctance to hand over £55 for it.

I'm a bit on the fence about it even though i've paid £80 ish digital super deluxe. I did over 400 hours on BL2 so i'd love the same output and excitement. Time will tell.

SP games have been dying for me over the years so i'll need people to play with late on from 10pm to keep me awake.

If anyone has 2-3 hours most evenings from 10pm im your man :D 

Baring7usa PS4, add me.  

Picked this up and maybe it’s cause I’ve been playing a lot of Destiny but this feels sluggish and about six years old - as in it doesn’t feel any different in the slightest.

The weapons are slow and dull and Claptrap, where he was once kinda funny, is now like nails on a chalkboard.

I think I’ll take it back tomorrow.