Borderlands 3

mechamonkey

I picked the collection up the other week for about £6 new (PS4)  and it's still in it's wrapper - guess I shall wait for the 4k update and crack on.  Any reason to play 1 before 2? (I have played a bit 1 and 2 before) 

23 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

I picked the collection up the other week for about £6 new (PS4)  and it's still in it's wrapper - guess I shall wait for the 4k update and crack on.  Any reason to play 1 before 2? (I have played a bit 1 and 2 before) 

Nah.

I'm vainly hoping either for a Switch version of BL3, or at least not have too high specs for my aging PC... Sigh. Maybe I need to upgrade / buy a modern console at some point.

In the interim, I've played an awful lot of BL1 & 2 (and completed the underrated Tales...), and have a copy of the Pre-Sequel I've not yet cracked open - is it worth my time?

1 hour ago, parrapatheslapper said:

I've jumped straight into 2 and it's fine without playing 1, which I never got very far with. 2 is great fun though, using Gaige and having a blast. Not a huge fan of shooters in general but the RPG side to this makes it brilliant fun. I kicked off all the DLC missions as well, even though I am way too low level, and they look like they will be fun, particularly the Tiny Tina one.

I presume the update will add a chunk of GB to the install, not got a 4K TV but presume it will be a mandatory update so may need to make space

EDIT : Actually reading up, it looks like it will be a DLC pack, which is brilliant for those of us who won't be able to make use of it yet

29 minutes ago, Fondue said:

I'm vainly hoping either for a Switch version of BL3, or at least not have too high specs for my aging PC... Sigh. Maybe I need to upgrade / buy a modern console at some point.

In the interim, I've played an awful lot of BL1 & 2 (and completed the underrated Tales...), and have a copy of the Pre-Sequel I've not yet cracked open - is it worth my time?

Yeah it's decent enough. I think it's lacking something compared to 2 but it's still a good time.

Rumours of September release...

...and another Epic exclusive on PC (consoles unaffected)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-02-it-looks-like-borderlands-3-pc-will-launch-as-an-epic-games-store-exclusive

Sounds like a time based thing of 6-12 months. I'm sure Pitchford specifically said Steam as part of the release platforms during the GDC reveal (Obi-wan Kenobying no doubt "it WILL release on Steam though...  in 12 months, so from a certain point of view..." )

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Rumours of September release...

...and another Epic exclusive on PC (consoles unaffected)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-02-it-looks-like-borderlands-3-pc-will-launch-as-an-epic-games-store-exclusive

Sounds like a time based thing of 6-12 months. I'm sure Pitchford specifically said Steam as part of the release platforms during the GDC reveal (Obi-wan Kenobying no doubt "it WILL release on Steam though...  in 12 months, so from a certain point of view..." )

I saw that Randy had made a series of tweets yesterday, stating that they were just the talent and 2k / Take 2 were the ones in charge of the pricing, distribution and platform partnerships, alluded to a 6 month Epic exclusivity deal and for everyone to aim the hate in that direction rather than him.

@Dudley  It also looks as though it's going to be digital only for anywhere but US / Canada. :(

Pre-Order is up on Xbox
https://majornelson.com/2019/04/03/borderlands-3-is-now-available-for-digital-pre-order-and-pre-download-on-xbox-one/

All pre orders contain have bonus: Gold weapon skins & trinket

£59.99 Basic

£74.99 Deluxe Edition This edition includes bonus digital content
£89.99 Super Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Includes the Season Pass & Deluxe bonus content.

I'll probably get the basic version and upgrade later  if the DLCs are worth it, was less than impressed with the Pre-Sequel season pass with two characters I never used, a crap arena and the good part the Claptrap DLC. pre order nonsense is never worth it.