Borderlands 3

mechamonkey

I know it's the style, but I wish they'd tone down the black-lining just a bit - it's too much. It worked well enough on the previous games as it kind of masked any polygon limitations put on the thing, but I'm seeing a lot more stuff going on in this one, but all I really notice is the black.

black.jpg.d48bc2fbeaf91fc940a31189b73ae906.jpg

Also in! 

It got me so fired up for some more Borderlands that I've just re-installed 2 on my Xbox One X in anticipation of the 4K HDR patch hitting next week.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/28/borderlands-free-ultra-hd-texture-pack-release-date/ is reporting the 4K patch adds quite a bit - its going to be a proper Xbox One X enhanced title:

4K Ultra HD resolution and HDR for Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro players

Remastered 4K environment textures, including geometry and skyboxes

Remastered 4K characters and vehicles

Updated weapon meshes and textures

Re-encoded 4K Cinematics

Improved Anti-Aliasing, including improved edge line implementation

This includes improved ink line definition and framing/outline around character models

Higher Resolution Dynamic Shadows

Improved quality and smoothness of shadows, especially during movement

Hmm, having just read the EG.net article and watched the linked video - they seem to think the 4K patch is only coming to the "Handsome Collection" version.  It's not clear at all whats getting the patch :-)

As far as I can make out (from the below tweet), the Handsome Collection is the only one that is getting the the 4k patch.  (I've actually just ordered a copy as it is only £15 and I never did play Handsome Jack stuff)   And the original Borderlands remastered, game of the year edition, is also due for release on the same date. It's all pretty confusing, some people are saying that if you have the original Borderlands, then you will get the remastered for free, but I don't think they have that right...

2 minutes ago, Rikku said:

As far as I can make out (from the below tweet), the Handsome Collection is the only one that is getting the the 4k patch.  (I've actually just ordered a copy as it is only £15 and I never did play Handsome Jack stuff)   And the original Borderlands remastered, game of the year edition, is also due for release on the same date. It's all pretty confusing, some people are saying that if you have the original Borderlands, then you will get the remastered for free, but I don't think they have that right...

Eurogamer are reporting that if you have the original Borderlands on Steam, you will be able to upgrade for free. No idea if this will also apply to consoles!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-28-borderlands-1-remaster-confirmed-for-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-out-next-week

People who play Borderlands want Borderlands. Whether that's going to result in a Fallout 4 situation where the new game is almost indistinguishable from the old remains to be seen, but yanking it out of what it is would be a huge mistake.

All I want is a save anywhere function, because I hate having to clear an area of everything after the checkpoint before I can stop playing or you're starting that all over again. Well that and it not to be shit.

9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

People who play Borderlands want Borderlands. Whether that's going to result in a Fallout 4 situation where the new game is almost indistinguishable from the old remains to be seen, but yanking it out of what it is would be a huge mistake.

All I want is a save anywhere function, because I hate having to clear an area of everything after the checkpoint before I can stop playing or you're starting that all over again. Well that and it not to be shit.

You can usually just run by a nu-u station and the save icon appears

This is a 2019 release? Right? Please?

In the PS+ April thread, lots of talk about people cancelling their subscriptions but because of this game & you need PS+ to play online I will be renewing.

My only concern I do have about the game is micro-transactions, I'm sure it will have some but hopefully, it will just end up being character skins which I do not care about.