Jump to content

Borderlands 3


mechamonkey
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 22/10/2019 at 05:05, BubbleFish said:

Last couple of days I've struggled to get a multi player on this- takes a good 5 minutes to find a match (I'm level 47) When it does the games have been glitchy with enemy freezes and guns refusing to reload or swap. Two hard crashes too. 

 

This is on the PS4. No one else having issues? One of the players I matched with last night said he'd also been really struggling to consistently get games.

add me (baring7usa) i can play most evenings beyond 10. I just finished the story on it was awesome, loved the boss fights. 

Can't wait to do it all again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone needs to level out wants to level up a different character feel free to message me when I'm on and I'll change my settings so you can fast level while i play. I think you can get a new character to level 50 this way within 2 or 3 hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So once you get the gun cannon from the little man then you've pretty much got infinite money, right? 

Also, the last boss was pathetic considering the build up. The Destroyer in BL2 was at least a massive bastard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much to my dismay I'm struggling to enjoy this. There's loads of little things that are really annoying and I thought I wouldn't care if the majority of the game design was stuck in 2012 with Borderlands 2, but the limited inventory, unlocking gun slots, slow arsed menu system, having to clear out areas again if you quit, the wooliness of the combat in general and not having nearly enough ammo is treating pretty badly. Much worse than the humour which is what it is. It amuses me, I like the characters, it's nonsense.

 

I've not even got that far through the game because I stopped playing as it just feels like more effort than it's worth. I only booted it up tonight to see what the Halloween event was like. It doesn't help that I've been playing a lot of Destiny 2 and what Destiny 2 has for all it's other faults is amazing gunplay. This just feels like a slog to kill anything.  I'm surprised at how disappointed I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Much to my dismay I'm struggling to enjoy this. There's loads of little things that are really annoying and I thought I wouldn't care if the majority of the game design was stuck in 2012 with Borderlands 2, but the limited inventory, unlocking gun slots, slow arsed menu system, having to clear out areas again if you quit, the wooliness of the combat in general and not having nearly enough ammo is treating pretty badly. Much worse than the humour which is what it is. It amuses me, I like the characters, it's nonsense.

 

I've not even got that far through the game because I stopped playing as it just feels like more effort than it's worth. I only booted it up tonight to see what the Halloween event was like. It doesn't help that I've been playing a lot of Destiny 2 and what Destiny 2 has for all it's other faults is amazing gunplay. This just feels like a slog to kill anything.  I'm surprised at how disappointed I am.

I’d keep at it - like you said you haven’t got that far and as in BL2 the inventory, ammo and gun slots issues all get resolved as you go along. Personally I adore the gun play so I’m happy smashing through areas again, the menus is slow as shit though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might give up on this too at least for a while, and I say this as someone who maxed all the BL1 characters, completed BL2 multiple times on 3 different formats, can see Marcus, Claptrap and Moxxi figurines from where I type this and has even replayed and enjoyed the pre sequel more than once.

 

So it's not rose tinted anything, since Borderlands 1 GOTY came out I've completed all 3 other games twice each.

 

But this is just so many obnoxious bullet sponge bosses who cheat and glitch at you.  Just now twice in a row the Halloween boss pelted me with 8 billion things when it looked like I might actually win and then, shielded, jumped on me when downed so I had zero chance to do anything about it.

 

And of course you respawn with less ammo nowhere near a machine.


It's clearly just designed for co-op where the boss doesn't entirely reset if someone dies and coming straight from encountering virtually the same situation on the Pain and Terror boss...

 

It doesn't help itself in other ways either, the humour is very obviously skewing, shall we say "Younger" and a lot of the game is "Hi I'm a character you like, I'm going to be me but slightly less good for 5 minutes and then probably disappear forever again". They've tried to use everyone from before meaning no-one gets any screen time and I don't think I could name any of the few completely new characters in the game.

 

I think I might leave it and go play the Outer Worlds for a bit instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I’d keep at it - like you said you haven’t got that far and as in BL2 the inventory, ammo and gun slots issues all get resolved as you go along. Personally I adore the gun play so I’m happy smashing through areas again, the menus is slow as shit though. 

 

The thing is I'm level 23, which is almost half way to level cap and I've still got 1 gun slot locked, the one below the class equipment locked and I still can't read the alien text things or mine the Eridium nodes that are lying about. I'd have to check but I must be between 8 and 10 hours in and to have shit still locked at this point is bonkers.

I spent this evening finished the Atlas part of the main quest, then right at the end Rhys gave me another busy work quest to find Terry to clear the Ratch problem. The only way I could find to get to Terry's office was to teleport back to the beginning and fight my way through re spawned enemies. I just don't have the time or patience for that. There's some really weird design decisions.

Anyway, Outer Worlds is out tomorrow so I'll have another god knows how long break from BL3 and see if it draws me back in at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

 

The thing is I'm level 23, which is almost half way to level cap and I've still got 1 gun slot locked, the one below the class equipment locked and I still can't read the alien text things or mine the Eridium nodes that are lying about. I'd have to check but I must be between 8 and 10 hours in and to have shit still locked at this point is bonkers.

I spent this evening finished the Atlas part of the main quest, then right at the end Rhys gave me another busy work quest to find Terry to clear the Ratch problem. The only way I could find to get to Terry's office was to teleport back to the beginning and fight my way through re spawned enemies. I just don't have the time or patience for that. There's some really weird design decisions.

Anyway, Outer Worlds is out tomorrow so I'll have another god knows how long break from BL3 and see if it draws me back in at some point.

 

I stopped playing it, pretty much because of the issues you mentioned. I don't understand why they're not releasing a patch to speed up the menus. This is soooo frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

really? i know there are bigger elemental troopers but you cant pop their heads off and send them into a rage. Maybe I'm not far enough in.

 

I don't know how far you are in but Goliaths aren't early game baddies in 2 either.

 

The ones you describe are absolutely in 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The story (with a handful of side missions not many) took me 25 hours and level 34 if anyone needs an indicators. A mix of solo missions and 4 player carnage.

I'd say stick at it, the eridium thing so you can read them comes near the end of the story. 

 

If you're ever feeling lethargic playing jump in matchmaking its so much better with others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2019 at 22:28, moosegrinder said:

 


I spent this evening finished the Atlas part of the main quest, then right at the end Rhys gave me another busy work quest to find Terry to clear the Ratch problem. The only way I could find to get to Terry's office was to teleport back to the beginning and fight my way through re spawned enemies. I just don't have the time or patience for that. There's some really weird design decisions

 

Theres loads of painful side quest backtracking but that particular one I think you missed a lift which goes back to the CEO’s office and then it’s a shortish walk to the janitor’s. only 1 fight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just popped back in to say I am properly loving this, I know most people have a differing opinion but I'm playing with my best friend (who I have easily put in over 1000hrs with on this series), taking it slowly, soaking up every morsel of dialogue rather than racing through and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted in all honestly.
Looking forward enormously to the Maliwan "raid"


and this.. my heart jumped at , old favourites are favourites for a reason<3

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people just massively overlook the dialogue and lore in this, it's absolutely bursting with it and so easily missed while you are going apeshit with guns.
I mean, has there ever been a better baddie (subjective) than Handsome Jack, how do you even begin to compete or follow that.
**WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS GAMES**

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Just popped back in to say I am properly loving this, I know most people have a differing opinion but I'm playing with my best friend (who I have easily put in over 1000hrs with on this series), taking it slowly, soaking up every morsel of dialogue rather than racing through and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted in all honestly.

 

You're playing co-op.  Which means you're neatly avoiding some difficulty spikes and bits seemingly designed to be co-op.

 

Several bosses have random moves that are essentially certain death as a singleton and if you do die the whole thing resets.  In co-op, so long as you don't die together you're fine and you can revive each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

 

You're playing co-op.  Which means you're neatly avoiding some difficulty spikes and bits seemingly designed to be co-op.

 

Several bosses have random moves that are essentially certain death as a singleton and if you do die the whole thing resets.  In co-op, so long as you don't die together you're fine and you can revive each other.

I'm also running a solo campaign keeping up with what we do in a group, so far solo has been ridiculously easier in truth, we arent all that far in though (just level 25 we only play 3-4 hrs a week) and just returned to do "the laser mission" so yes, I might not have come across what you're describing yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The 2 worst were the halloween boss and one you've yet to encounter certainly.

 

 

Thought he was pretty easy using Fl4k solo, I'm not playing on mayhem or anything yet though so I imagine hes quite underpowered to what you've fought. I just kept a rifle handy to snipe skulls up top when downed.
Can't be any harder than solo dragons on Tiny Tina's DLC B2 on UVHM ;p

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.