rllmuk
mechamonkey

Borderlands 3

24 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Balls, they've nerfed Fl4k too, Guerillas in the Mist duration is now 25% shorter and critical damage has been halved :(

What the actual fuck? When did they do this!?

1 hour ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Balls, they've nerfed Fl4k too, Guerillas in the Mist duration is now 25% shorter and critical damage has been halved :(

Nerfs to the Jakobs pistols and Kings and Queens Call as well. Thats gonna annoy alot of Fl4k end game players.

No nerfs to Moze...yet but I can see them going hard on the 1hp, mega shield, mega damage build soon :angry:

Thank god Hollow Point has been disabled though.

Dunno, still looks amazing. Wrecking a boss in a minute is pretty fecking good.

From streams I've watched Mayhem modes looked piss easy pre-hot fix due to the odd broken build and weapon.

But then they never nerfed off hand Ruby/Grog Zerker in 2 so I get the frustration.

Some of the Mayhem modifiers can completely imbalance the game on their own.

This is post-hotfix, so each shot in the opening Fade Away salvo is doing 25% of its true damage, but it's getting +50%, +70% and +25% damage stacked from Mayhem modifiers:

11 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Dunno, still looks amazing. Wrecking a boss in a minute is pretty fecking good.

From streams I've watched Mayhem modes looked piss easy pre-hot fix due to the odd broken build and weapon.

But then they never nerfed off hand Ruby/Grog Zerker in 2 so I get the frustration.

Thats the Lyuda sniper they are using. He changes to the Queens Call pistol near the end, it does barely any damage so he changes back. TBH I think Lucians Call is still the best gun for Fl4k, especially the cyro version. Crits rebound to nearby enemies. Great for mobs.

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

Thats the Lyuda sniper they are using. He changes to the Queens Call pistol near the end, it does barely any damage so he changes back. TBH I think Lucians Call is still the best gun for Fl4k, especially the cyro version. Crits rebound to nearby enemies. Great for mobs.

Ah fair enough, I've had none of these guns :D

On 16/09/2019 at 03:39, Phelan said:

Ok this is my last negative whinge on this game and then I'm taking it back tomorrow to get my money back and I'll stay out of this thread (probably).

This doesn't feel like it has kept up at all with the change in FPS/Looter Shooters. I've played Destiny, Division 2 and a few others but this just isn't too much fun.

• Every single enemy is a bullet sponge in the sense that even a sniper rifle doesn't kill them with one shot - even the electricity ones.
  • Every area I seem to go to every enemy is two levels above my level so I never feel like over powered or like I'm getting anywhere. I'd be as well not levelling and them not levelling and the game just continuing because really there is no difference if everyone you end up against is two levels higher.
  • PSPro user and the menus are sluggish and hellish.
  • 16 slots to store stuff means you spend half your game dropping stuff in your inventory when you find stuff that is worth more. Yes I've bought two upgrades for my storage but that allowed me to have a whopping 22 slots!
  • Not as many places to sell your stuff as previous games so you are constantly heading back to sell loot
  • The AOE attacks by enemies smash your health in seconds
  • So easy to get caught on the environment
  • The humour. Holy fuck the "humour" is stupidly juvenile but not funny in the slightest. The first two games were silly but this is downright puerile and pathetic. The writing team should be ashamed to put their name to it and the voice acting is lacking.

I've had some fun battles with it but I never feel like I'm getting anywhere.

FFS. I adored Borderlands 2 but mostly agree with you. There are just too many aspects in the game that aren't good. Mission design hasn't evolved at all from BL2 (e.g. fetch quests), story and dialogue are really poor (I miss Handsome Jack), the menu lag is borderline game-breaking for me (in fact, I hesitate to spend skill points as I don't want to open the ******* menu), inventory management is cumbersome, boss fights are quite boring so far and your first issue (enemies being bullet sponges) is something I can't believe Gearbox hasn't bothered to fix. It's SO annoying. 

Quite disappointed so far, even though the actual gun play is quite entertaining and what it used to be in BL2. In fact, I'll play a round of BL2 tonight to see how it holds up.

• Upvote 1

So I've just got a CRAZY good Legendary weapon for Fl4k at like level 13. Is that going to be stuck at that level forever? Anyway to upgrade them in the endgame or am I just going to have to wait for a similar drop in 30 hours time?

34 minutes ago, Mugman said:

So I've just got a CRAZY good Legendary weapon for Fl4k at like level 13. Is that going to be stuck at that level forever? Anyway to upgrade them in the endgame or am I just going to have to wait for a similar drop in 30 hours time?

You can't upgrade weapons, only a higher level drop later on.

Loot week apparently, bosses have higher drop rate of their Legendaries.

I went back to the Brawler and did indeed get the Rocket Launcher he drops. I dont think I've fought any other bosses yet. Also the Contract Bosses have higher drop rates too.

I've been playing with Moze this week and discovered that her grenade-focused tree is incredibly fun... aand they've just nerfed it (and Fl4k again - his ammo regen skill is now worthless - once every 2 seconds!)

They've not wrecked the Moze grenade build yet. Its still really viable especially with the right gear. Bloodletter/Deathless/Transformer/Storm Front/Flakker. I'm fully expecting them to continue nerfing her though. 

The Fl4k nerfs are starting to get daft now. Yes he can melt bosses but he is starting to get weak against endgame mobs. They should be looking to buff his pets and Moze's Mech, both of them become really underpowered and pointless at Mayhem 3. Constant weekly nerfs in PVE games annoys me no end, might dip out and come back to this in awhile.

"we felt that FL4K’s pets were demanding too much attention, which was interfering with players trying to stand still for any length of time, so we disabled the ability for them to move you around."

Glad thats been fixed, pain in the arse that was.

Latest hotfix has big nerfs to the Lyuda, Hex, Flakker, Lucians Call, Butcher, Laser-spolder, Firestorm, Crossroads, Cutsman guns and grenades.

I think I was right to dip out of this when I did. Its turning out like The Division 2 where they just destroy anything fun every week and every fix or patch has ten depressing nerfs for every one good thing they fix. 

I have the Firesale Long Musket a time level28. It’s melting everything and way OP with Zanes clone. The reload sends loads of mini versions also so during a boss fight I was melting it with 5 flame throwers. 

If you have it give it a go before it’s nerfed. 

Last couple of days I've struggled to get a multi player on this- takes a good 5 minutes to find a match (I'm level 47) When it does the games have been glitchy with enemy freezes and guns refusing to reload or swap. Two hard crashes too. 

This is on the PS4. No one else having issues? One of the players I matched with last night said he'd also been really struggling to consistently get games.

14 minutes ago, Muz said:

Yeah i struggle to get matched as well. Add me on psn, I'd be happy to team up 

Muz__c

Will do! I got my level 50 gun from you in the post. I thought to myself, "What a nice guy Muz must be to just send me a great gun"

Then I saw there was a trophy for sending someone a gun... :D

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, three1ne said:

Is this good SP? Not interested in MP. 

Never played the previous games.

I've been playing 4 man coop once a week which is slightly crazy (we're not far in obviously) but been playing a solo game on an alt (fl4k) to catch up on any missed audio/plots etc, it's been easier if anything solo so I'd say go for it.

20 hours ago, three1ne said:

Is this good SP? Not interested in MP. 

Never played the previous games.

I’ve been playing through solo after having played the previous in MP. Perfect ‘catch up on podcasts’ gaming. When I’ve completed it I’ll buddy up and play through again with friends. 

10 hours ago, three1ne said:

I don't have the time. 

Play the first one instead of BL3.  Then play BL2 when you next have time. 

BL3 isn't quite the game the others are but more importantly every single story point that does make it past the noticeably clunkier writing to pay off will mean absolutely nothing to you.