Jump to content

Borderlands 3


mechamonkey
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

Played yesterday 4 player online - experienced some slow downs especially on the in-game menus running like treacle. I'm on PS4 Pro.

 

Yep. The best way the game can be played and it runs like shit on the consoles that are supposed to be best at running it. 

 

They need to patch it ASAP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve avoided this thread until starting the game to avoid spoilers, as most of you know from things I’ve said in the past I loved Borderlands 2 like a child of mine so this has been one of my most highly anticipated releases of all time...... 

 

Finally got round to starting today, and I’m only a couple of hours in but I’m not really sure how I feel. Now it’s not because it hasn’t moved on at all, because I genuinely would have been happy if they had slapped a big number 3 on the cover of 2 and re-sold it to me, there’s just a couple of bits that just seem wrong....For instance completing a challenge that pops up ie “kill 50 skags” on 2 gave you a small stat boost of your choice for instance 0.2 to gun accuracy, that’s gone yet the pop ups remain telling you you’ve completed a challenge for seemingly no reason? Also opening a chest and it flinging ammo 400 miles away to the point it’s outside the auto pickup zone, just all seems a bit unfinished,

 

im hoping I get into it after a longer play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It just feels a bit clunkier to me. There's a delay when aiming down sniper sights, and these laggy menus are soul destroying. Also when coming out of the menu (especially the map screen) buttons seem completely unresponsive for half a second. Small stuff, but it all just makes the game seem janky.

 

That being said, I'm still having a decent time with it. I just hope a quick patch or two can fix the niggles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got 2 guns drop into my mail for finishing a Jakobs and a CoV challenge, so there's something. 

 

Personally I'm really enjoying it but option paralysis is very much a thing with the guns. Also the snipers seem incredibly underwhelming. They do fuck all damage and the ads is twitchy as hell. Shotguns are brilliant, mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I just got 2 guns drop into my mail for finishing a Jakobs and a CoV challenge, so there's something. 

 

Personally I'm really enjoying it but option paralysis is very much a thing with the guns. Also the snipers seem incredibly underwhelming. They do fuck all damage and the ads is twitchy as hell. Shotguns are brilliant, mind.

 

I've just got an absolute belter of a sniper. They're out there but I think you have to tailor your class to them and find good ones. 

 

Genuinely close to turning the dialogue off, though. It's painfully unfunny in places. Try hard, repetitive, juvenile, I just did a mission about coffee that me and my mates basically played in silence due to how bad a lot of the dialogue is. I don't mind poo and fart humour, when used well it tickles an underdeveloped part of my brain, but when it's all screeched at you from shitty fucking Claptrap it just puts me off playing the thing. I remember Borderlands 2 being quite funny in places, have I grown up or is this one just written a lot worse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I just got 2 guns drop into my mail for finishing a Jakobs and a CoV challenge, so there's something. 

 

Personally I'm really enjoying it but option paralysis is very much a thing with the guns. Also the snipers seem incredibly underwhelming. They do fuck all damage and the ads is twitchy as hell. Shotguns are brilliant, mind.

 

Theres a really good Legendary shotgun you can get called One Pump Chump on Lectra City that you can snipe with. One of its modifiers is +1425% Weapon Damage. It hits really hard at any range. Its one of, if not the best gun I've run into so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mugman said:

Genuinely close to turning the dialogue off, though. It's painfully unfunny in places. Try hard, repetitive, juvenile, I just did a mission about coffee that me and my mates basically played in silence due to how bad a lot of the dialogue is. I don't mind poo and fart humour, when used well it tickles an underdeveloped part of my brain, but when it's all screeched at you from shitty fucking Claptrap it just puts me off playing the thing. I remember Borderlands 2 being quite funny in places, have I grown up or is this one just written a lot worse?

 

It also drives jokes/references into the ground trying to make sure you don't miss them. I've rolled my eyes multiple times at characters flat-out explaining what the joke was, but the most egregious one I can recall is asking you to make a choice related to one of the characters who was in Tales From The Borderlands and adding a little UI reference to the

 

Clementime will remember that...

thing Telltale games do, then the character in question immediately repeats the reference in a clunky way which doesn't work at all

 

by literally saying "I will remember that"

 

I forgot why you should never browse the subreddits of games with RNG loot endgames, people who want to no-life grind them are permanently at war with everyone and everything :hat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mugman said:

 

I've just got an absolute belter of a sniper. They're out there but I think you have to tailor your class to them and find good ones. 

 

Genuinely close to turning the dialogue off, though. It's painfully unfunny in places. Try hard, repetitive, juvenile, I just did a mission about coffee that me and my mates basically played in silence due to how bad a lot of the dialogue is. I don't mind poo and fart humour, when used well it tickles an underdeveloped part of my brain, but when it's all screeched at you from shitty fucking Claptrap it just puts me off playing the thing. I remember Borderlands 2 being quite funny in places, have I grown up or is this one just written a lot worse?

 

I feel ya, straight after that they give you the same mission but with burgers.  I uninstalled it after that. 

The worst one was Killa Volt , with the loudspeaker following you EVERYWHERE ....argh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/09/2019 at 21:59, NickC said:

IIRC Borderlands 2 had a mode that bleeped out swears so you could play with kids. Does this have the same?

 It's bleeped some of the heavier stuff, but ass and maybe shit is still in there. It's pretty gorey mind.

 

3 minutes ago, Baring said:

Twitter giving out a fair few keys over the weekend, might be worth following duval magic.

 

Hnnnnnnn... What kind of keys? If it's cosmetic heads n shit I need that but if it's just VIP garbage and golden keys I'm good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

 It's bleeped some of the heavier stuff, but ass and maybe shit is still in there. It's pretty gorey mind.

 

 

Hnnnnnnn... What kind of keys? If it's cosmetic heads n shit I need that but if it's just VIP garbage and golden keys I'm good.

goldenkeys for the lootz! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys I mentioned it above but I really feel like I may be missing something,

 

every  now and again you complete a challenge that pops up ie “Kill 50 enemies with handguns”, when this pops up the symbol to get the menu up if you hold the button is with it, however doing this takes you nowhere....Am I missing something? Did they plan on having Badass Ranks like the first two games then just forget about it? I can’t see any reason for these challenges?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/09/2019 at 10:53, moosegrinder said:

 It's bleeped some of the heavier stuff, but ass and maybe shit is still in there. It's pretty gorey mind.

 

My son is 7yrs old. From the sounds of it the humour is about his level :lol:

 

I would be a bad parent to get him playing co-op with me. I know this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Guys I mentioned it above but I really feel like I may be missing something,

 

every  now and again you complete a challenge that pops up ie “Kill 50 enemies with handguns”, when this pops up the symbol to get the menu up if you hold the button is with it, however doing this takes you nowhere....Am I missing something? Did they plan on having Badass Ranks like the first two games then just forget about it? I can’t see any reason for these challenges?

 

When you finish the story it opens up Guardian Tokens which you spend on upgrades like Crit Damage, Health etc. They are based around just killings things, not challenges anymore and it has its own leveling bar. Its currently broken atm though and often put you at minus 50 tokens for no reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was kinda going off this after I finished story mode since getting decent gear is all RNG versus something like Monster Hunter where only the decorations which can finish out a build are pure RNG. Starting another character doesn't really appeal straight away either as the story mode is so long.

 

Then I discovered that XP and loot are still gloriously broken if you play offline. I've been farming the Chupachabra on Athena in Mayhem 2/3 and I'm swimming in interesting legendary gear, which makes it properly fun to play on Mayhem as I have a wide range of good normal and elemental weapons to work with the various modifiers. Grinding for good rolls on frequent legendaries is way more fun than only seeing one every couple of hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coming here from the Mario Kart tour thread. Something I think is worth mentioning is that (so far) is how blissfully un-games as service this feels so far. No constant nagging to check out an in-game real money store. No 12 kinds of different currencies ( just the same two that you earn in game as it’s predecessor). No bloody crafting (thank god). Just getting really fun guns and cool skins by *gasp* playing the game. Obviously all early days and subject to change and the announcement of an upcoming limited time seasonal event worries me a bit. But at the moment props to Gearbox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't DLC tend to sell pretty well for this? You'd hope they'd get by with that but I'm sure buying Eridium will come into play before long. 

 

Had another session of this with the dialogue turned down to like 20. It's absolutely the way to go. The gameplay loop is brilliant, I'm playing as Fl4k and have decided to put down the sniper rifles and use his crit damage perks with shotguns and submachine guns and HOO BOY is he fun. Just making absolute mincemeat out of bastards left right and center by popping clip after clip into their heads. Using the fade in power with a Jacobs shotgun that bounces a bullet around with every crit. It also turns them purple so I'm basically ducking around people like a walking invisible disco ball generator. 

 

Which is fun, isn't it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mugman said:

Doesn't DLC tend to sell pretty well for this? You'd hope they'd get by with that but I'm sure buying Eridium will come into play before long. 

 

Had another session of this with the dialogue turned down to like 20. It's absolutely the way to go. The gameplay loop is brilliant, I'm playing as Fl4k and have decided to put down the sniper rifles and use his crit damage perks with shotguns and submachine guns and HOO BOY is he fun. Just making absolute mincemeat out of bastards left right and center by popping clip after clip into their heads. Using the fade in power with a Jacobs shotgun that bounces a bullet around with every crit. It also turns them purple so I'm basically ducking around people like a walking invisible disco ball generator. 

 

Which is fun, isn't it? 

 

If you find a Lucians Call assult rifle hang on to it. You can melt everything with it using Fl4k.

 

Been enjoying playing as Moze with a destruction woman build. I usually like hanging back at mid to long range in FPS games so charging straight at the enemies is a trip. The 50'000 shield you have helps though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/09/2019 at 10:31, Nobuo's Organ said:

This is a very, very silly gun indeed. What it doesn't mention is that each bullet also plants a sticky explosive, including the ones which ricochet when you get crits, so it doesn't matter if you're on Mayhem 3 and you roll -70% gun damage, stuff just explodes to death instead.

 

317763968_Borderlands3Screenshot2019_09.25-12_54_48_13.thumb.png.72239f90d4b505ee9ea1e51196c76ae2.png

 

I have this.

 

Also, it just got nerfed.

 

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-09-27-borderlands-3-hot-fixes-sept-27/?email_address=&timestamp=1569593040&user_id=177985684&username=481552b7c6f255bc4f6f521e9f976add4563e5569f1ad4d1406d260ea58fb5ab&verified=1&sig=90978fea55a4ca0ce408f0c66000e5eb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.