rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Lorfarius

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

C-c-combo breaker!!

Also informing the story is your own character and background, explained Brian Mitsoda, designer and writer of the original Bloodlines and lead narrative designer of Bloodlines 2. 

Oh my fucking god Brian is back this could actually live up to the first one!

Edit: :omg:

• Upvote 1

https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/21/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-political-character-creator/#below-article

Kudos to them for striving to make the character creator and writing as inclusive as can be. This got the usual suspects riled up of course because God forbid people have choice in the way they interact with a game and its characters. Sigh. 

Anyway, can't wait! :omg:

• Upvote 2

My favourite storyline in the whole thing was turning the student into a blood bottle and pinching all of of her funds. Then having her go out and get more :lol: More of that please from the new one.

I'm very excited by this, even though I have the first one sat in my Steam library unplayed :o (I know, right!)

What mods do I need for it?

I bet they’re all eager to make the game that Bloodlines narrowly missed out on being. Hopefully with enough time and resources we won’t get another half classic/half ‘fuck fuck, gotta get it out the door. More fights!’ RPG. 

5 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

I bet they’re all eager to make the game that Bloodlines narrowly missed out on being. Hopefully with enough time and resources we won’t get another half classic/half ‘fuck fuck, gotta get it out the door. More fights!’ RPG. 

Sounds like someone hasn't played the updates!

16 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Sounds like someone hasn't played the updates!

I followed them for a while but progress was (understandably) slow, and when they were finally finished I decided it might be better to just remember what was great about the game rather than risk another play through.

1 hour ago, Garibaldi said:

I followed them for a while but progress was (understandably) slow, and when they were finally finished I decided it might be better to just remember what was great about the game rather than risk another play through.

They've fixed so much and its miles better than it ever could have been at launch. Well worth going back and experiencing it properly, still holds up thanks to the amazing writing and voice work.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

What's the best way to play the original?

Buy it on Steam, install the unofficial patch including the plus options (those restore all the cut content) - this basically finishes the game, making it what the developers intended it to be before the publisher forced them to release it unfinished halfway through development to beat Half Life 2 to the retail shelves (being a Source engine game meant hella hype back then). This is all you need. One of the best RPGs ever made and it's glorious.

• Upvote 3

Also, don't play a Malkavian first, and feel free to No Clip through the entire sewers section because it's a worthless, miserable dungeon crawl made even worse if you make a talky, persuade/charisma heavy character. Good job your character is an immortal because it feels like it lasts several lifetimes.

And always tell LaCroix to get tae fuck, the snide, pompous wee shite.

57 minutes ago, Thor said:

:wacko:

Ah, it's not that complicated. You're familiar with the concept of character classes, right? Well, of all the classes in Bloodlines, save two (Malkavian and Nosferatu) for a second playthrough. Malkavian especially is well worth it for a second go, it's brilliant.

The first two-thirds of the game are absolutely brilliant, with absolute freedom in how you deal with quests and other conundrums. Want to talk and charm your way through? Go right ahead! However, there's a sewer section towards the end where you have no choice but to fight, it's the low point of the game and it shows how its development time was cut short. It doesn't need to spoil the game, just be aware that it's coming up and spend some points in either melee or firearm skills even if you're otherwise a 100% talky type. If you want to go for a more combaty playstyle to begin with, then there's no problem obvs.

• Upvote 1