Jump to content
mechamonkey

Borderlands 3 - Announcement at PAX?

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Well it's a PAX announcement. Christ knows what though. Probably Borderlands 2 on Switch, Android and iOS or some shit.

 

:lol:

 

The ‘Exit 3’ in the top-right corner is surely a dead giveaway.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Paulando said:

 

:lol:

 

The ‘Exit 3’ in the top-right corner is surely a dead giveaway.

 

I honestly wouldn't put it past Gearbox to misdirect  in this manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Gearbox have changed their minds on Switch? They were pretty sniffy about it when it launched, and it seemed that their relationship with Nintendo wasn't so great. But that was back when most assumed Switch would represent a small market.

 

It would be shame if B3 missed Switch as the art style surely suits a less powerful console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy Pitchford's probably holding the event to show off some interesting videos he's found.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickC said:

I wonder if Gearbox have changed their minds on Switch? They were pretty sniffy about it when it launched, and it seemed that their relationship with Nintendo wasn't so great. But that was back when most assumed Switch would represent a small market.

 

It would be shame if B3 missed Switch as the art style surely suits a less powerful console.

 

There is an assumption that Borderlands is not demanding on hardware but Borderlands 2 was pushing my Pc quite hard at some points.  Borderlands 3 isn’t going to be any less demanding so cannot see it going to Switch at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, simms said:

 

There is an assumption that Borderlands is not demanding on hardware but Borderlands 2 was pushing my Pc quite hard at some points.  Borderlands 3 isn’t going to be any less demanding so cannot see it going to Switch at all.

 

Borderlands 2 came out on the Vita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

 

 

Borderlands 2 came out on the Vita.

 

With substantial cutbacks and 3 is likely to be even more demanding.  Granted Switch is more powerful but I would not be holding my breath for a Switch version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

59 minutes ago, simms said:

 

With substantial cutbacks and 3 is likely to be even more demanding.  Granted Switch is more powerful but I would not be holding my breath for a Switch version.

 

So Doom Eternal will come to Switch but not Borderlands 3 as its too demanding? We'll see...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

 

 

So Doom Eternal will come to Switch but not Borderlands 3 as its too demanding? We'll see...

 

 

 

 

 

I would argue the living fuck out of ID and Panic Button being more accomplished developers than Gearbox based off their respective catalogues. Now if Gearbox get Panic Button to port Borderlands 3 we'd be talking.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dudley said:

I've got my first big 4k TV coming tomorrow.  I'm going to be needing an Xbox one x as well for this aren't I?

Yes or else that 4k telly is useless. USELESS!

 

You have no choice, really.

 

 

Anyway, what are the odds this game is now a Destiny-like? Always online, shared world, yadda yadda yadda. Since Borderlands was arguably the offline prototype for the shlooter genre that was popularized by Destiny.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

 

 

So Doom Eternal will come to Switch but not Borderlands 3 as its too demanding? We'll see...

 

 

 

 

 

Just because they’re both FPS’s does mean they push graphics around in the same way. Doom environments are more closed and Borderlands is open so they’re doing different things.  Anyway we’ll see if it get a port, always possible if enough cutbacks are made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably won't, it would just be a shame (for me, selfishly) as I love Borderlands and mobile would be awesome.

 

But assuming it's half decent I'll be playing on PS4 so no real bother. I love to see the character classes they create, I can't wait for Borderlands 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom pic is BL2 when you rescure Roland, if this is Switch BL2 I will fume.
Sadly I think it's just going to be the reveal of the already leaked BL1 remaster :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 08:46, moosegrinder said:

 

Sure, why not.

 

I mean, I saved £250 because I qualify for Samsung's EPP through my entirely unrelated work.

 

So it practically pays for itself!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dudley said:

 

I mean, I saved £250 because I qualify for Samsung's EPP through my entirely unrelated work.

 

So it practically pays for itself!

 

 

Logic checks out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.