Is it just me, or is the dual shock still **** ?

choddo

56 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Why would you pick the controller up if you didn't want to use the console though?

I don’t know, to move it somewhere reasonable if another person has left it somewhere stupid, say, perched on the arm of a couch above a bowl of cereal; to plug it in and charge it; to clean dead skin cell paste out of the cracks and crevices with a toothbrush; to examine its sleek form with wonder; to give it a good lick; to insert the smooth, lozenged handle into a primed anus. 

It’s a free country man, I can do whatever I want with it, even if it does not involve turning on and using the PlayStation. My girlfriend is famous in our house for fast-forwarding through films or turning on the PlayStation by leaning on it or sitting on it or throwing a sweater on it with reckless abandon. 

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I don’t know, to move it somewhere reasonable if another person has left it somewhere stupid, say, perched on the arm of a couch above a bowl of cereal; to plug it in and charge it; to clean dead skin cell paste out of the cracks and crevices with a toothbrush; to examine its sleek form with wonder; to give it a good lick; to insert the smooth, lozenged handle into a primed anus. 

It’s a free country man, I can do whatever I want with it, even if it does not involve turning on and using the PlayStation. My girlfriend is famous in our house for fast-forwarding through films or turning on the PlayStation by leaning on it or sitting on it or throwing a sweater on it with reckless abandon. 

yeeeep. Picking it off the floor to put it in a drawer. Moving it out of the way to get to the switch/xbox controller. Digging it out from under the sofa cushion because the boy has been playing Lego The Incredibles for the 400th hour. That sort of thing.

2 hours ago, elmo said:

yeeeep. Picking it off the floor to put it in a drawer. Moving it out of the way to get to the switch/xbox controller. Digging it out from under the sofa cushion because the boy has been playing Lego The Incredibles for the 400th hour. That sort of thing.

Those are awfully mundane under-utilizations of the object. 

11 hours ago, elmo said:

Bah! You caught me out. I was lying about the whole thing. Sorry. It’s never happened to me let alone all the time.

I nearly got away with that one.

I don’t even own a PlayStation 4.

Compounded by how difficult it is to turn back off by pressing randomly on the front of the console

14 hours ago, elmo said:

Bah! You caught me out. I was lying about the whole thing. Sorry. It’s never happened to me let alone all the time.

I nearly got away with that one.

I don’t even own a PlayStation 4.

No, I get what you are saying, but I have never switched the machine on by accident. If it's a problem for you, thats fine. Just saying I have never had an issue. No need to be precious about it.

17 hours ago, elmo said:

The DS4 is ‘fine’. I don’t hate it but it’s easily the weakest pad of the 3 (switch pro included)

to add to the points already mentioned CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING STUPIDLY EASY IT IS TO ACCIDENTALLY TURN THE FUCKING CONSOLE ON JUST BY PICKING UP THE DS4? FUCK.

I keep both of mine on a charge dock, so when I go to grab one, or when I put them on charge, I often catch the PS button and switch the console on. Fine when I'm taking it off the charge dock, but when I've just shut it down it's annoying.

The build quality is shit though. I have two, one I can't use for racing games as the right trigger has worn down and the other doesn't like GTSport and the left stick randomly stops working when I'm going into a corner so now I use the dpad. 

I had to send three to Sony for repairs. A Google search for similar tales at the time confirmed it wasn’t my fault. I’ve never had any other controller stop working on me or develop any serious wear and tear, including the previous PlayStation ones and the equally infamous Xbox One Elite Controller.

5 hours ago, Fallows said:

I'll take anything over a DS4. I do really like the DS2, despite it not being perfect for the games I play.

I cannot stand the DS4. I cant think of a single thing I like about it - its uncomfortable to hold, the options button is tiny and impossible to push easily, the totally pointless touch pad, the stupid light. I don't like the way the sticks push in either.

Just a horrible horrible pad. A real case of the Emperors New Clothes for gamers

I have never got on with PlayStation controllers. How they got away with "Oh fuck, the other guys have a stick now. We need TWO sticks if we're going to sway this thing, so get them on there. What? I don't know, just jam them on the bottom or something." FOR THREE CONSOLE GENERATIONS is beyond me. But yes I hate the stick placement on them. Having them down and central there, they always make me feel like I'm riding a bicycle that's too small for me, and I'm sort of bumping into myself all the time trying to play a game. The DS4 is better than the DS1, DS2 and DS3, which were identically shaped, FOR THREE CONSOLE GENERATIONS, but the trigger situation as mentioned earlier is absolutely dire.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

Edit - The gall of these guys, making the same dang controller over and over except with slightly different combinations of ideas they robbed off Nintendo each time, with omissions explained away like they're doing you a favour.

Edit 2 - this doesn't mean Microsoft get away with View and Menu buttons which are a perfect embodiment of 2013 Microsoft losing the plot and forgetting their audience.