Is it just me, or is the dual shock still **** ?

choddo

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I'd be interested to know how much of the crap battery life is down to the amazingly pointless light on the front. Imagine thinking that was a good idea.

At least on the newer versions of the pads they put a little window in the touchpad so you can see it without too much hassle.. 

ds4lightlol.thumb.jpg.1ee4a25d48c33b46eeffba80ff9e8be7.jpg

4 minutes ago, choddo said:

See it? How the hell are you supposed to miss it? Even these apes can find it no problem

94FC7860-786F-422B-809D-28C2BF3A22E7.jpeg

I dunno, my eyes generally tend to be looking at the screen while I'm playing. 

The DS4 is ‘fine’. I don’t hate it but it’s easily the weakest pad of the 3 (switch pro included)

to add to the points already mentioned CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING STUPIDLY EASY IT IS TO ACCIDENTALLY TURN THE FUCKING CONSOLE ON JUST BY PICKING UP THE DS4? FUCK.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I'd be interested to know how much of the crap battery life is down to the amazingly pointless light on the front. Imagine thinking that was a good idea.

The light will make bugger all difference. It will be a tiny draw on the battery compared to the rumble.

And the light isn't pointless if you have PSVR.

I like the DS4, it's the best Sony controller by far.

Lags behind the Wavebird and 360 pad, but it's pretty comfy to play with now, unlike the DS3. Shame my speaker is knackered and just puts out a really distorted sound.

16 minutes ago, elmo said:

The DS4 is ‘fine’. I don’t hate it but it’s easily the weakest pad of the 3 (switch pro included)

to add to the points already mentioned CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING STUPIDLY EASY IT IS TO ACCIDENTALLY TURN THE FUCKING CONSOLE ON JUST BY PICKING UP THE DS4? FUCK.

Am I missing something? I thought you had to press the PS button?

11 minutes ago, elmo said:

Yeah the PS button should definitely be a hold for a couple of seconds to turn on, or click three times or something as opposed to the "turn on at the merest brush of human contact"

1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

Am I missing something? I thought you had to press the PS button?

Yeah but it sits proud of the controller. Meaning the slightest nudge and you hear they irritating beep and the pad turns your front room into a wedding disco.

As as amazing as some of these consoles are there’s some awful shit about each and everyone on of them.

i adore my switch but fuck me that kick stand and game card flap can fuck right off.

36 minutes ago, elmo said:

Yeah but it sits proud of the controller. Meaning the slightest nudge and you hear they irritating beep and the pad turns your front room into a wedding disco.

As as amazing as some of these consoles are there’s some awful shit about each and everyone on of them.

i adore my switch but fuck me that kick stand and game card flap can fuck right off.

Erm, No.  If it woke the PS4 on picking it up then fine, but you actually have to be pressing the PS Button to switch it on. I have myself and 2 kids who have their own controllers, I've never seen it turned on by mistake. But the ability to be able to turn on the machine with a quick press is genius. 

I think this is a great feature. I'll fight anyone who does not agree

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

Yeah the PS button should definitely be a hold for a couple of seconds to turn on, or click three times or something as opposed to the "turn on at the merest brush of human contact"

Could easily be solved by them moving that power on function to the option button instead.

so not the controllers fault.....

Oove the triggers as I say.just want to punch that point home, as someone who has hand strain and weak arms I can hold that thing all day long.

I remember buying an original Japanese version of the first Dualshock back in 1998 from a small import shop in Clevedon (South West) to use with MGS. My first impression was thinking this can't be right as the symmetrical sticks just felt so uncomfortable and innacurate, Couldn't use it for more than an hour as it gave me weird cramp in the lower part of my thumbs.

Some twenty plus years on the bloody sticks are still in that awful lower position and I find it the most unergonomic design going.  How they managed to add spongey triggers and a dpad with too much travel to the recipe is mind boggling.

Why add lots of pointless extras like a mic, light and touchpad while the core of the controller is getting worse.

22 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Erm, No.  If it woke the PS4 on picking it up then fine, but you actually have to be pressing the PS Button to switch it on. I have myself and 2 kids who have their own controllers, I've never seen it turned on by mistake. But the ability to be able to turn on the machine with a quick press is genius. 

I think this is a great feature. I'll fight anyone who does not agree

Bah! You caught me out. I was lying about the whole thing. Sorry. It’s never happened to me let alone all the time.

I nearly got away with that one.

I don’t even own a PlayStation 4.

This is all great, but the worst bit is that you put the DS4 down and it rests on the triggers rather than the plastic case, leading to accidental trigger pulls. It's happened to all of us right?

Right?

Trav.gif

I killed that dude early in Bloodborne thanks to that, Alfred. He was chatting away when my phone rang, put the controller down and accidentally slashed the fucker and he went nuts, had to do him in and fuck up his quest line or whatever. Bastard.

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

This is all great, but the worst bit is that you put the DS4 down and it rests on the triggers rather than the plastic case, leading to accidental trigger pulls. It's happened to all of us right?

Right?

Trav.gif

This is my main gripe. I'm always accidentally fast-forwarding films with this technique.

4 hours ago, elmo said:

Why would you pick the controller up if you didn't want to use the console though?