Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

PlayStation China Hero Projects - collection of new Chinese PS4 titles

I've seen this reported almost nowhere. Must be because of the Chinese origin, but some time ago Sony announced investing in a few new Chinese studios to create new PlayStation titles. And it seems the studios just had their public exams:

RAN: Lost Islands

A "weapon survival game"

Evotinction

A third-person "hack & stealth" game: sneak around hacking computers.

ANNO Mutantionem

Action-RPG with a kind-of 16-bit Octopath  style to it.

In Nightmare

A funky horror adventure game.

Convallaria

An online PvP/PvE loot shooter.

AI-LIMIT

Another action-RPG that seems a bit NieR-ish?

F.I.S.T.

A dieselpunk Metroidvania, because why the hell not. :)

Anyway, feast your eyes. Should bolster the PS4 catalogue a bit. Any favourites among them already?

• Upvote 7

Thought most of them look quite promising apart form the first (RAN). ANNO's vibe and hinted at gameplay got me most excited probably. Loved the rabbit in F.I.S.T. and definitely keeping an eye on Convallaria from here on. Thanks for sharing, didn't know these existed. 

I'd keep expectations in check, somebody helpfully collated the current pass marks for Chinese developers given a Kickstart by Sony and they aren't quite getting As just yet, some didn't even turn up for their exams! With the odd exception (My Time at Portia is a Chinese game), China doesn't look ready for the big league just yet. Give it another decade.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, mushashi said:

I'd keep expectations in check, somebody helpfully collated the current pass marks for Chinese developers given a Kickstart by Sony and they aren't quite getting As just yet, some didn't even turn up for their exams! With the odd exception (My Time at Portia is a Chinese game), China doesn't look ready for the big league just yet. Give it another decade.

As someone that plays a fair amount of Chinese-developed games, I'd say this is fair. Portia has been a bit of a breakthrough this year, but there's a long, long way to go. Will be interesting to see if the Auto Chess devs can capitalise on the.success they've had, though.

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

wasn't there a "china-only" PSVR title as well? Some kind of subterranean FPS? A year or two back

This?

• Upvote 1