rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

Side characters that terrified you

Just now, amc said:

Yup. Well, Kwackers. The 70s had some bizarre kids characters.

I had an annual. Well, that or they were a comic strip in an annual. Fucking weird image where they all prayed to Elvis like he was literally a god

They actually toured as a band. Probably community halls and for kids on a Saturday but they definitely toured as a band, a bit like the Wombles I'd imagine. Think they released a single. Still get a chill watching them today.

that's the "subliminal" from The Exorcist

[edit]

His name is Pazuzu (do a google image search)

personally, the only thing worse than that, is the David reveal from the (second) American Werewolf in London dream sequence... the bed, in the forest

Edited by SeanR

Oh right. I recognise it now but only because I watched all of Secrets of Cinema last week and this came up. 

Embarrassed to say I find the Exorcist hilarious and ruined a cinema screening of it laughing uncontrollably 

4221396001_5430184175001_5430166207001-vs.thumb.jpg.bd150a60445abc176554964d74374300.jpg

The Crow Man from Worzel Gummidge. Whenever he showed up I was always creeped out, even though he was Worzel's creator and friend. Having said that, I found most of the characters on the show quite unsettling.

• Upvote 4

On 07/03/2019 at 12:22, amc said:

They actually toured as a band. Probably community halls and for kids on a Saturday but they definitely toured as a band, a bit like the Wombles I'd imagine. Think they released a single. Still get a chill watching them today.

They released an album, I found it in a junk shop years ago: https://www.discogs.com/Animal-Kwackers-Animal-Kwackers/release/2367007