IGNORED

RIP Keith Flint

Ivanho

No more firestarting :(

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/keith-flint-dead-prodigy-cause-age-firestarter-a8806456.html

I will confess I wasn’t the biggest Prodigy fan, but like everybody else of that time, I bought Fat Of The Land and enjoyed it.  Keith was the face of The Prodigy and the iconic video for Firestarter will always stick in my mind.

Absolutely shite news. I guess everyone had a band or song that represents the first moment they realised that there was amazing music out there that they'd not heard because they were stuck listening to the same stuff all the time. No Good (Start the Dance) was that song for 12-year old me back in 1994.

I saw the prodigy exactly once.

Reading '96. I don't remember a whole lot of that weekend (except THAT Stone Roses performance).

But honestly, The Prodigy were like, one of those cross-over EDM band that me and my rock/metal friends listened to. The energy, and intensity, coming out of the speakers.

And that's a good thing.

As I've said, a real shame. More so given the alleged circumstances and the fact he'd found something away from music to get into. I guess you can't have that amount of presence and energy on stage and not have the odd demon on your back. :(

I was one of those guys who only really sat up and took notice after Firestarter - I had heard things like No Good, Poison, Out of Space on the TV/radio without really knowing the group and having it blend into my subconcious, but Firestarter completely changed my perception of dance/electronic music, and Keith was such a massive force behind that and so many other tunes. Devastating news.

I'm increasingly dismayed over the news as the day has went on. While I do believe the Prodigy has been off the boil of late Keith was a massive figure in music and a member of one of the few acts who can unite the dance kids, metal kids, indie kids and the straglers. I saw them three times and Keith was never less than confrontational on stage and a huge presence. 

Awful news. Keith and the Prodigy have been a mainstay throughout my life - including the first album I ever bought (Music for the Jilted Generation). Definitely one of the greatest showmen music has ever seen. RIP Keith.