rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I think the only mis-step the game made was having bloody Wookies in it. It's just such a daft thing to do when everyone and his wife knows that they will always look fucking diabolical on today's hardware (and probably tomorrow's hardware too). They look shit. They're always needing to be freed from strife and quite honestly the only one who ever made a name for himself was Chewie. 

And that was enough.

I'm going to assume they were contractually obliged to bung in the things, because I cannot believe anyone in the development thought they looked good at all.

Aside from that, the game's great!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I feel the opposite. It's like Uncharted if I enjoyed it.

UC2 is one of the best games ever, but this is better than the recent ones for sure. Not more polished, just more game.

• Upvote 2

Not a fan of having to trapse all the way back out of these areas once you complete your mission.

Skyrim had a door, right there.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, womblingfree said:

UC2 is one of the best games ever, but this is better than the recent ones for sure. Not more polished, just more game.

I'll go as far as saying it was lavishly produced. I don't rate it as a shooter.

20 hours ago, dave7g said:

Not a fan of having to trapse all the way back out of these areas once you complete your mission.

Skyrim had a door, right there.

Couldn't agree more - hate having to find the way back.

I've done the first two missions in this, but didn't enjoy them all that much.  Much prefer blasting in Battlefront.  Think I'll go back to KOTOR for my Jedi fix.

Did the first hour of this on PC, last night.  Seems nice!  I like that they've captured much of the SW feel - I like the audio in particular.

• Upvote 1

finished Jedi last night.  overall i thought it was above average. It just seemed to drag out for me and bit and some of the planets weren't interesting. The 'crew' thing was pretty poor, not a scratch on mass effect and sometimes embarrassing.  After real mental interesting story bits,you'd go back and they'd be standing like mannequins and trotting out generic lines!  Tho i do tend to rush games, others might enjoy the exploration more than I did.  Combat was ok and could be fun when it clicked - i was glad to at least not to have needed to knock it down to easy setting! - few of the battles made me think about it, but i spent time following a guide to get more stim packs so was able to tough it out.  I dont think id bother with the sequel unless it was more star wars-y.  

• Upvote 1

I finished this back at launch. It was alright. Very derivative and in no way better than any Uncharted. If it hadn't been Star Wars, it'd just be an average game.

I'm enjoying it, but the level design is pretty shit at times. I've just finished the most annoying puzzle involving spheres, and now I cant find my way back to my ship.