Jump to content

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order


Recommended Posts

I think the only mis-step the game made was having bloody Wookies in it. It's just such a daft thing to do when everyone and his wife knows that they will always look fucking diabolical on today's hardware (and probably tomorrow's hardware too). They look shit. They're always needing to be freed from strife and quite honestly the only one who ever made a name for himself was Chewie. 

 

And that was enough.

 

I'm going to assume they were contractually obliged to bung in the things, because I cannot believe anyone in the development thought they looked good at all.

 

Aside from that, the game's great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, womblingfree said:


UC2 is one of the best games ever, but this is better than the recent ones for sure. Not more polished, just more game.

 

I'll go as far as saying it was lavishly produced. I don't rate it as a shooter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dave7g said:

Not a fan of having to trapse all the way back out of these areas once you complete your mission.

 

Skyrim had a door, right there.

 

Couldn't agree more - hate having to find the way back.

 

I've done the first two missions in this, but didn't enjoy them all that much.  Much prefer blasting in Battlefront.  Think I'll go back to KOTOR for my Jedi fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

finished Jedi last night.  overall i thought it was above average. It just seemed to drag out for me and bit and some of the planets weren't interesting. The 'crew' thing was pretty poor, not a scratch on mass effect and sometimes embarrassing.  After real mental interesting story bits,you'd go back and they'd be standing like mannequins and trotting out generic lines!  Tho i do tend to rush games, others might enjoy the exploration more than I did.  Combat was ok and could be fun when it clicked - i was glad to at least not to have needed to knock it down to easy setting! - few of the battles made me think about it, but i spent time following a guide to get more stim packs so was able to tough it out.  I dont think id bother with the sequel unless it was more star wars-y.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying it, but the level design is pretty shit at times. I've just finished the most annoying puzzle involving spheres, and now I cant find my way back to my ship. 

 

 

Edit: Yes, I've now given up. The level design in this game is amazingly bad, so bad I wont finish the game. What a waste. 

Edited by Stevie
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

I’m only on level one - the first proper place you get to explore, but I really like the mixture of new Tomb Raider exploration and platforming mixed with Dark Souls lite combat sealed in a nice Star Wars wrapper - it’s comfort food gaming, especially enjoying whilst the new series of Mandalorian is under way. 
 

How long is it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it was one that at the time I enjoyed but found certain aspects of it really irritating, but I look back on it with a lot of love. If they could tone back a few of the more Soulsy elements that didn't quite work (bonfires were weirdly implemented in a game all about zipping around/exploration) and polish everything a bit the sequel could be really special. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started this the other day but not too sure if I want to continue with it.

 

Such a strange game visually in that sometimes it looks stunning, then the next second it's quite jerky and skipping frames (performance mode on Xbox One X). The main character looks like a create your own job but just picking default for everything. 

 

The gameplay is adequate, but I agree with the earlier poster that said the lightsaber action is no where near quick and responsive enough. There is far more platforming than I expected, and it's VERY reminiscent of Prince of Persia. 

 

I will play a bit more and see if it picks up (on the second planet at the moment), but as it stands it's very average. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

I started this the other day but not too sure if I want to continue with it.

 

Such a strange game visually in that sometimes it looks stunning, then the next second it's quite jerky and skipping frames (performance mode on Xbox One X). The main character looks like a create your own job but just picking default for everything. 

 

The gameplay is adequate, but I agree with the earlier poster that said the lightsaber action is no where near quick and responsive enough. There is far more platforming than I expected, and it's VERY reminiscent of Prince of Persia. 

 

I will play a bit more and see if it picks up (on the second planet at the moment), but as it stands it's very average. 

 

I picked it up dirt cheap a while ago now, but yeah, I would rate it as "ok" "average" It does pick up a bit, but not a great deal. If it wasn't for the Star Wars license it would be even more forgettable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I picked it up dirt cheap a while ago now, but yeah, I would rate it as "ok" "average" It does pick up a bit, but not a great deal. If it wasn't for the Star Wars license it would be even more forgettable.

I play it for free in Game Pass. But you're mostly right. 

 

I find the combat not great and the level design quite boring. The platforming itself is quite decent, just like Titanfall 2. I prefer the latter over this game, wildly different games, but same studio and some very similar core mechanics. My main gripe with Jedi Fallen Order is just how generic everything looks and feels really, it lacks charm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 17:40, Stevie said:

I'm enjoying it, but the level design is pretty shit at times. I've just finished the most annoying puzzle involving spheres, and now I cant find my way back to my ship. 

 

 

Edit: Yes, I've now given up. The level design in this game is amazingly bad, so bad I wont finish the game. What a waste. 

Thought I’d quote this as I completed that bit last night - I thought it was great, much more Tomb Raider than the recent TR reboots and was not what I expected. Levels are also much bigger than I expected too.

 

I mean there are some issues, I fell off some ice slide bit about 20 times despite it not being difficult, just weird (poor) design, and the whole Souls bonfire thing doesn’t really work in a game like this, and the combat is just ok, passable, but made enjoyable because you’re wielding a light saber.
 

The platforming is excellent though, it outdoes Uncharted and Tomb Raider in that respect.

 

What’s with the weird map level thing? Map could be better. 
 

One thing this game does make me yearn for is the next Metroid Prime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

I was thinking about picking this up as its in the sale on PSN at the mo. 

Is the combat difficult? Is that why people are referencing dark souls?

 

No, it just has the mechanic where your xp is eaten by anything that kills you and you have to go back and pick it up. Also, bonfires.

 

It's not a difficult game though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's not particularly difficult, the Dark Souls comparisons come because you push your way through new areas to get to save points, but then when you save, all the enemies respawn. So there's a risk/reward thing going on there. And when you die, you have to "retrieve" your XP from whatever killed you.

 

In play, the game is more Metroid Prime than anything else, with a dash of Uncharted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

I was thinking about picking this up as its in the sale on PSN at the mo. 

Is the combat difficult? Is that why people are referencing dark souls?

Nowhere near as difficult and tbh the combat isn’t robust enough for it to really even be considered similar, as others have said it just shares some of the mechanics. 
 

I considered it in the sale but it is still £25 against £3.99 for EA Play which includes the same version - worth considering. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Nowhere near as difficult and tbh the combat isn’t robust enough for it to really even be considered similar, as others have said it just shares some of the mechanics. 
 

I considered it in the sale but it is still £25 against £3.99 for EA Play which includes the same version - worth considering. 

It's taken me nearly 2 years to complete Spider-Man. I'm off to Google how much a years worth EA Play is, expect I'll still probably buy it. 

 

Thanks for the feedback all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gloomy Andy said:

It's taken me nearly 2 years to complete Spider-Man. I'm off to Google how much a years worth EA Play is, expect I'll still probably buy it. 

 

Thanks for the feedback all. 

Think it’s £20, maybe able to get it cheaper though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gloomy Andy said:

It's taken me nearly 2 years to complete Spider-Man. I'm off to Google how much a years worth EA Play is, expect I'll still probably buy it. 

 

Thanks for the feedback all. 

BTW If you have an Xbox at all ea play is included in game pass ultimate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macosx said:

This game had the worst set of collectibles ever - pot plants!

 

Second worst set of collectibles ever. The worst will always belong to one of the Assassin's Creed DLCs which had you scouring a small French village for 100 of Napoleon's Hats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not experienced motion sickness but the game gets really juddery at times, particularly during some cutscenes - thought it had crashed at one point, I am playing on a PS4 Slim mind. I mean it’s fairly infrequent but it’s quite bad when it happens. Would be interested to hear how it runs on Xbox Series S/X and PS5.
 

I am loving it though I can’t lie, yeah it’s a bit rough around the edges, a mish mash of styles and genres, but I find it hugely enjoyable overall and it definitely delivers in the Star Wars feels department - the look and sound of it is spot on, especially the sound, it all comes together to provide that atmosphere which is hard to describe other than ‘Star Warsy’ - it’s very that :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.