rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

There’s at least 3 or 4 things that cost 3 points, I think. 

The lightsaber damage one is totally worth getting. I don’t think I bothered with the rest. 

My favourite bit of “let’s record these voice lines but not tell the game developers about them”

Spoiler

You fix your lightsabre and peg it back to the ship. Whatsherface and maggot man (your mates) are telling you every star destroyer in the area is headed your way and to hurry up.

MEGA EMERGENCY CAL.

I smash up two AT STs (telling them to close the door first, which doesn’t really make much sense as an AT ST wouldn’t fit through the door and would start shooting long before that anyway), in very short order and jump on board

That half the imperial space armada is en route (or possibly even here already) and that the mantis has definitely been sighted by whatever dropped said AT STs down gets forgotten and they have a chummy chat about being mates and proud of each other and then it’s all “where should we go now”. I went and checked on my terrarium before deciding. We did not see any more empire.

• Empathy 1

Done. Enjoyed but the combat and dark souls life stuff didnt really work for me. Would have preferred something .more straight forward with less complications and more light sabre fun.

14 hours ago, Gord said:

Done. Enjoyed but the combat and dark souls life stuff didnt really work for me. Would have preferred something .more straight forward with less exploitation and more light saver fun.

:hmm:

I am so on the fence with this game. I go from adoring it to finding it very mediocre. The combat system can be so intense and exciting when you are fighting one or two enemies, but can fall apart so quickly once you throw in a few more. It's a good game overall, but I was definitely hoping for more of that Respawn magic. It reminds me of the first Uncharted in a lot of ways. Feels like a solid base to build from and I hope they do.

• Upvote 2

On 27/11/2019 at 15:58, Ran said:

I pretty much spent skill points as soon as I got them, nothing in the entire tree will cost you more than 2 points in one go. Losing 3 is losing quite a bit of potential progress I'd say. There are no additional benefits to carrying your points with you so invest them as soon as possible.

you don’t lose skill points on death - at least up to Jedi master difficulty.

Clocked it.

When it’s good it’s great but it full of too many frustrations and bugs to love and there’s an awful lot of them.

It's got a great opening level and that first planet with the critters and BD1 just amazing. 

I like this game. 

• Upvote 2

The first plannet, Bog24framesasecondstandardo, was extremely bland, I thought. Just a bunch of platforms and a horizon to try and make it look a little less like a bunch of platforms.

The best one is the last one.

It’s basically a tutorial level. But I think they really started off with the game being too basic. Slow is a crap power and you can’t really do anything much.

Starting you off with a push and wall run would have helped my enjoyment massively, I think. The overall set of force powers is pretty bland and I would have liked them to add some more interesting ones later on. 

Jedi Academy had loads of powers. I loved that game. 

When I say the first planet I suppose I mean the second one because you start off on the scrapyard, which was ACE.

I like the pull power once it's upgraded because you just bring them in and impale.

And finished. 

Have to say, my patience and interest ran out about just before the last level and I dropped the difficulty down to “Story” just to push through to see the end. 

Overall, there’s a very high quality Star Wars game lying in there, it just needed that bit more time in development.  Too many bugs and blips (loved seeing enemies slide statically into a room though, always made me chuckle), and a little bit too long. 

I know peeps had a problem with the main dude and ol’ bug eyes but I thought the cast and actual delivery of the story was really really well done. 

Also thought the combat was decent and a nice blend of styles from the prequels and the originals. 

Not the Remedy (jokes!) classic I was hoping for but still a decent blast. 

One thing occurred to me that I don’t think was covered:

Spoiler

What’s the deal (if anything) with Cal’s left arm? It’s permanently gloved. Obviously I thought he may have a bionic arm in true SW trope stylee. Or, he’s got an “I :wub: Darthy V” tattoo that wouldn’t go down to well at the Jedi Temple Xmas disco.

42 minutes ago, Gord said:

So why do the baddies respawn on mediation? Is there an ingame reason for this?

Midochlorians.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

At a stretch you could say that during the time taken to meditate (assuming some unknown but significant passage of time passes when you do ) the Empire have received reinforcements.  It's a stretch, I know.  But there are 'gamey' elements prevalent through the whole game design, especially the metroidvania elements.  It's all very contrived, so I certainly don't let the respawn thing bother me any more than the other things.

There's so much wrong with this game. The lack of fast travel gets really annoying later, as there are bits where it's fifty-fifty as to whether you're going to find a secret or whether you're following the critical path, and if you accidentally choose the critical path, then it can be a forty minute round trip to go back round and get the powerup (or whatever). But man, it's fun - there's a section later on where you find about ten of those Rogue One imperial battle droids, and if you hack two of them and set them on the rest, you can set up this mad robot mosh pit where they're all laying into each other while I dance around the outside laughing.

The powered-up force push seems a bit OP at times, as you can just hurl imperials off the nearest cliff en-masse, but I do feel like I've earned it. It's great feeling like a genuine force of nature after being so vulnerable at the start of the game.

• Upvote 2

Just finished...i enjoyed that!

think the best thing i did was put it on "master" difficulty, which looked the most balanced!although there were ,two massive spikes!

the combat was good for the most part, but as others have said, it doesn't work with groups sadly.

Oh, and the camera speed! why the fuck was it so slow, there didnt seem to be anyway of speeding it up on pc!?(on a pad)

On 28/11/2019 at 13:31, catinthehat said:

Just finished.  The boss can all fuck right off in a game like this, but other than that I really enjoyed it.  Cracking ending, too.

Went back and 100%ed Bogano, but can't really be bothered with the other planets right now. 

I didn't mind the boss fights, though the scripted ending of most of them annoyed me.  I played the whole thing on Story Mode (as I'd rather not get frustrated with games these days) and just finished it.  Took about 20 hours I guess (though the credits are still rolling, for what seems like an eternity, so can't tell yet). 

So how did you 100% Bogano then?

There's an exit down on the lower level that clearly leads up to the part of the map that the massive dragon creature is sleeping on, but I can't take it, despite it being orange so seemingly possible..

[edit]Ignore bit in spoiler, I found out how - though it didn't lead me to where I thought it would[/edit]

Not sure that clip is representative of the entire game.

• Upvote 1

Finished, which is more than I’ve managed with the last tomb raider or uncharted game.

bogano is definitely a low point, but it picked up on the second planet. Story while pretty predictable (it is Star Wars) eventually became more engaging - and worked well in the final act.

Spoiler

Some pretty horrific dream sequences.

I'm loving this.  I've just unlocked the last upgrade (I think it is, anyway) so I'm going back to previously unexplored areas to find the collectables, which has been mostly fun aside from a couple which have been a real pain to find or reveal.  I'm gonna do this until I get tired of it, then move on with the story.

So, this isn't the best video or anything and I'd really only watch it if you've completed the game, but for once I do rather like how they've tied the game into the new films a little...

• Upvote 2

This just got a photo mode, apparently. I really hate it when this happens.

People who go out and buy the game on launch day get the worst experience, as usual.

Anyone mucked about with photo mode? It could be better (the camera ignores inverters) but overall is decent.

49258771056_d4ae10f54e_o.png

49258283498_2f98807efc_o.png

49258283028_2023143947_o.png

I love the Mantis, it's a great ship. :)

• Upvote 2

I had a play around with it, but all the photos I took were done in HDR mode and when viewing them on the PC later they looked rubbish.

Some of the vistas in this game are stunning.

I finished the game a few days ago, and really enjoyed it.  To the point where I've been missing it.  It ticked so many boxes for me, and I even went back and explored every nook and cranny to collect all the chests and secrets.

I got the Star Wars 'feels', more so than many of the later films.  I loved the story and characters.  The music is phenomenal too.

• Upvote 1