rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

And done. Enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Would liked to have seen a NG+ but as there isn't one I'm not going back for another playthrough. The collectables just weren't worth it apart from

the stim chests

and I only found one of those

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Tell you what, the music guy did his job properly. Well done, music guy.

I'd argue the music in this game is more John Williams than the actual John Williams. ;)

7 hours ago, Thor said:

I'd argue the music in this game is more John Williams than the actual John Williams. ;)

Which is probably what they were asked to deliver! 

How important is the experience bar along the top? I've played through the intro level and the first two planets, but I regularly forget to go back and claim my experience back from enemies who have killed me, being alien to the mechanic from previous games, and an old man who barely remembers where he was yesterday.

I'm updating my skill tree, but I'm guessing it just means that it is s slower progress if I keep doing this? I think the highest my character has been is level three!

30 minutes ago, Butters said:

How important is the experience bar along the top? I've played through the intro level and the first two planets, but I regularly forget to go back and claim my experience back from enemies who have killed me, being alien to the mechanic from previous games, and an old man who barely remembers where he was yesterday.

I'm updating my skill tree, but I'm guessing it just means that it is s slower progress if I keep doing this? I think the highest my character has been is level three!

I pretty much spent skill points as soon as I got them, nothing in the entire tree will cost you more than 2 points in one go. Losing 3 is losing quite a bit of potential progress I'd say. There are no additional benefits to carrying your points with you so invest them as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I pretty much spent skill points as soon as I got them, nothing in the entire tree will cost you more than 2 points in one go. Losing 3 is losing quite a bit of potential progress I'd say. There are no additional benefits to carrying your points with you so invest them as soon as possible.

You don’t lose points when you die, I thought? Just the experience in your bar towards your next point. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

You don’t lose points when you die, I thought? Just the experience in your bar towards your next point. 

Actually yeah I think you're right. Haven't played for a couple of days and already forgotten!

• Upvote 1

Getting on a bit better now, and just got the force push thang. I think the thing thats really killing me is the lock on mechanism, it just feels very janky and repeatedly leaves me looking away from everything. Compared to AC Odyssey or that ilk it’s just broken. 

It’s a hard game to not enjoy though. Just... rough. 

I seem to recall it's the fourth biggest multi platform release of the year. I think the previous page had some business/ marketing spin that made it sound like it's done alright too.

12 hours ago, spanx said:

Getting on a bit better now, and just got the force push thang. I think the thing thats really killing me is the lock on mechanism, it just feels very janky and repeatedly leaves me looking away from everything. Compared to AC Odyssey or that ilk it’s just broken. 

It’s a hard game to not enjoy though. Just... rough. 

Jumping in at the end of this thread. I'm only a couple of hours in and I cannot play the game because of this. Why on earth is recentre view mapped to the same control as lock on? They should have just copied Zelda.

7 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Jumping in at the end of this thread. I'm only a couple of hours in and I cannot play the game because of this. Why on earth is recentre view mapped to the same control as lock on? They should have just copied Zelda.

I disabled the automatic lock due to it not working and then never used it.

One thing that puzzled me though, in the game Greez mentions food going missing and hearing weird noises in the ship but this is never mentioned again. I expected a new character to be stowed away on the ship but nothing.

7 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

One thing that puzzled me though, in the game Greez mentions food going missing and hearing weird noises in the ship but this is never mentioned again. I expected a new character to be stowed away on the ship but nothing.

Spoiler

It's another weird thing that lacks a bit of clarity. On Bogano you may recall opening a little rusty opening under the main launchpad where you arrive. There's a little Bogling inside and he runs off as Cal mentions something about giving him a home.

I think the implication is that it's on the ship with you (I think there's even a 'companion joined' little flashup when you free it). I never actually saw the thing on the ship, so don't know if it's a little bit of humour where you know what's causing all these grievances secretly or whether it's just a bug that you don't see it on the ship at all

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

One of the secrets near the landing pad on Bogono (downstairs at the start) has you adopt one of the fox creatures as a pet/stowaway - I assumed that triggered that dialogue line and it was a "joke" you hadn't told the crew about it (you never see it on the ship). 

13 minutes ago, Ran said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's another weird thing that lacks a bit of clarity. On Bogano you may recall opening a little rusty opening under the main launchpad where you arrive. There's a little Bogling inside and he runs off as Cal mentions something about giving him a home.

I think the implication is that it's on the ship with you (I think there's even a 'companion joined' little flashup when you free it). I never actually saw the thing on the ship, so don't know if it's a little bit of humour where you know what's causing all these grievances secretly or whether it's just a bug that you don't see it on the ship at all

13 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Reveal hidden contents

One of the secrets near the landing pad on Bogono (downstairs at the start) has you adopt one of the fox creatures as a pet/stowaway - I assumed that triggered that dialogue line and it was a "joke" you hadn't told the crew about it (you never see it on the ship). 

Spoiler

You do see it on the ship, when you're in space it's hiding under the planet holomap table! 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

37 minutes ago, Ran said:
  Hide contents

37 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Hide contents

23 minutes ago, redbloodcel said:

Hide contents

You do see it on the ship, when you're in space it's hiding under the planet holomap table! 

Spoiler

And in the air vent grill above the exit

• Upvote 1

Haven’t completed it yet but

Spoiler

Just destroyed my lightsabre in my own hand (side note: I hope Cal never has an angry wank) and then we take off and then land on another planet. I get after a few minutes that I’m on the way to a Jedi temple (Presumably to fix lightsabre) but no dialogue that I could hear was given as to where we were going, where we had landed and for what reasons.

In other news, I fucked up a jump on the red death planet prior to this and landed on the slide thing. Had to kill myself to reset.

You weren't paying attention to the cut-scene...

Spoiler

Cere says to Cal, "you're going to build a new one". That's why you're at Ilum. 

Just finished.  The boss can all fuck right off in a game like this, but other than that I really enjoyed it.  Cracking ending, too.

Went back and 100%ed Bogano, but can't really be bothered with the other planets right now. 

The Dathomir boss

Spoiler

That bat thing. Did anyone manage to land on it first time, every time? Or even second or third time? Really pointless addition given you didn’t get penalised for missing and you have zero prior history of knowing what the fall physics/speed is like.

22 hours ago, Ran said:

Some things cost 3 points

On 26/11/2019 at 19:48, Gord said:

Those slides can do one. Really do one.

They are my main cause of death! (the jumping from them)

• Upvote 1

I guess it's becoming clear why I don't write strategy guides. :lol:

What costs 3 points?

Spoiler

The last lightsaber damage thing? I definitely got everything on the skill bar but I obviously wasn't paying much attention!