rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

20 hours ago, Ran said:

I am enjoying it enough to hope for a slightly more refined sequel. Regarding the mostly pointless chests they should definitely have made the outfit changes more distinct than a palette swap, even just altering the look of the poncho/base outfit or adding a little character to some of them would have helped justify hunting them down.

The lightsaber parts are very disappointing as cosmetic only, it's not even like every single part needs a modifier. It's hard to imagine unlocking a little perk for completing a set would totally break the game (5-10% damage boost, block increase etc). That said it absolutely looks like that may have been the plan (each named set has a version 1 and 2) so I guess benefit of the doubt they were maybe going to implement something like that and decided against it.

Some of the parts are the ones they made for the build your own lightsaber thing at galaxy’s edge.  Maybe there’s nothing more to it than cosmetics, the tie in to the theme park stuff would suggest that - ”use the lightsaber you build in the game!”

This is cool though:

Ah, that could explain why the yellow one "felt" so good. I loved using the yellow one and not once felt the need to change it, whereas with blue I kept switching to green before thinking nah, gotta be blue!

Well, just finished.

Tremendous and very satisfying ending.

This more than deserves a sequel, and as it stands has told me a better SW story than pretty much anything else for years.

Well done Remedy, I like you.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Well, just finished.

This more than deserves a sequel, and as it stands has told me a better SW story than pretty unchanged anything else for years.

Control was good as well, yes. ;)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Thor said:

:lol:

They both start with 'Re' ... we've all been there. ;)

It’s the bastard spell checking! Honest it is.

• Upvote 2

Patch has apparently been released but just fixes a couple of bugs, with no word about improvements regarding the stutter. It’s ironic that turning off ‘share your data with etc’ in the options is now circulating as a way to improve performance, but also deprives Respawn of data that may help to diagnose those issues. 

Hopefully Digital Foundry were wrong about it needing a more nuts ‘n’ bolts deep dive to work out such kinks, as I’m eager to play the game but don’t want to encourage this trend of releasing a product that kinda sorta works. 

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to force an Xbox to look for updates?

Also, I went to pick up a stim I missed in Origin lake and found that there is a way to quick travel back to the main bit of Kashyyyk:

Spoiler

The big bird is there and will fly you back. I don’t think there’s any other way back from that part of the map. 

17 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is there a way to force an Xbox to look for updates?

Also, I went to pick up a stim I missed in Origin lake and found that there is a way to quick travel back to the main bit of Kashyyyk:

Hide contents

The big bird is there and will fly you back. I don’t think there’s any other way back from that part of the map. 

Select a game with start, goto Manage Game and Add-ons and it'll look for an update.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

Patch has apparently been released but just fixes a couple of bugs, with no word about improvements regarding the stutter. It’s ironic that turning off ‘share your data with etc’ in the options is now circulating as a way to improve performance, but also deprives Respawn of data that may help to diagnose those issues. 

Hopefully Digital Foundry were wrong about it needing a more nuts ‘n’ bolts deep dive to work out such kinks, as I’m eager to play the game but don’t want to encourage this trend of releasing a product that kinda sorta works. 

Does anyone know how patches work on Origin Premier? I've just launched the game and looked for a version number to check but can't seem to find one, it also doesn't mention if it's been patched and simply says up to date, that sounds hopeful but not a certainty. 

Surely they will have these patches live from the off on their own service. If anyone knows the version number after the patch and where to find it on the PC release that would be nice. It plays great but I did notice a couple of instances that seemed iffy whilst playing last night. Would be great to think it's patched before my session tonight.

On 15/11/2019 at 14:57, Treble said:

Stuck a couple of hours on this. The game falls into the trap of making your avatar an athletic Jedi who then has to wheezily climb endless ropes and vines. Letting him wield the most powerful melee weapon in the galaxy, yet giving space Gerbils +15 armour so they take four hits to kill. Smh.

The graphics are...fine (on PC, everything on 'Epic' at 1080p) although the team obviously spent 100% more time on the train intro than the first proper planet. It's very low detail & CTRL+C / CTRL+V in comparison. 

It's nice to get into it with Imperials, but killing the fauna over and over is well duff. Not helped by being given a rubbish Force power as your starter. I'm hoping it gets to be more flowing and exciting once you power up. For now, I think Remedy's RESPAWN's biggest mistake was starting the game with you doing such tedious and menial tasks involving a LOT of plodding about. That's no way to start a space adventure!

On 15/11/2019 at 15:34, The Bag said:

A Remedy Star Wars game would be cool.

5 hours ago, JoeK said:

Well, just finished.

This more than deserves a sequel, and as it stands has told me a better SW story than pretty much anything else for years.

I've found it much easier on a second playthrough. I did start this second go on the easiest mode just to enjoy the story, but that mode really is dumb. Enemies just stand there and take it. 

There should be a Jedi Padawan mode in between, where the enemies have the same attack patterns as Jedi Knight mode, but do less damage while you do more. 

Still, Jedi Knight mode is very enjoyable. 

• Upvote 1

End bit spoilers...

I let out a little groan as Vadar suddenly appeared. However, that soon passed - they actually used him like they did in SW:Rebels. You know you're not gonna be able to do anything to him, so we'd best fuck the hell off

When I was going up the lift though, the game kind of glitched.

All the way up I had him stuck in the lift doors breathing heavily

It kind of messed up the mood a little.

However. I say again...Bravo Remedy.

(This time I meant it ;) )

• Upvote 1

This is tremendous, hope we get a sequel too.

Spoiler

I struggled a little on Trilla at the end compared to the rest of the game so that dampened my super jedi high.

The use of Vader was perfect and has washed away the awful taste of force unleashed's beat up Vader and the Emperor bullshit moments.

I chose a yellow saber after briefly toying with Windu purple. (The awesome sounding and looking Plo Koon sticks in my head as using yellow in some other game so that made up my mind!)

The writing is wonderfully authentic for once without cramming in a load of poundstrecher Star Wars dialogue. 

Combat is excellent and you truly feel a gradual rise in power over the course of the game 

• Upvote 2

@Ran I too struggled... 

Spoiler

... with the final Trilla fight. She was almost impossible. Then I remembered something odd about the beginning of that fight: the game briefly stops you from switching to the double-blade. It tries to force you to fight wihh the single only. 

Once I switched back to single and made good use of the special move with the twin sabers she was much easier to defeat. 

I keep struggling/dying enough that it makes me think I need to drop difficulty down from Jedi Master to Knight but then I progress just that little bit further and I decide against it.

I do need to find more stims though, only one extra so far from a cave in Zeffo. Do loot boxes become visible on the map when you visit areas?

13 hours ago, amc said:

Does anyone know how patches work on Origin Premier? I've just launched the game and looked for a version number to check but can't seem to find one, it also doesn't mention if it's been patched and simply says up to date, that sounds hopeful but not a certainty

On PC? 

For me, the game updated after I opened the Origin app and clicked on the game. Only took a few minutes as it's not a huge patch. 

Good news is that it has fixed the random stuttering issues (apart from just after the level has loaded) although I'm sure overall performance has taken a bit of a hit...

• Upvote 1

Hmm yeah PC. Can't recall anything popping up and downloading, if it did it was in the blink of an eye. Had an early night anyway so haven't played to be able to notice any improvements.

Like I say it mainly played lovely as it was but, well, who doesn't love a patch nowadays.

Well, clearly the mark of a good game is how it feels on the second run through. 

Delighted to say I'm enjoying it just as much - if not more so :D .

42 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Well, clearly the mark of a good game is how it feels on the second run through. 

Delighted to say I'm enjoying it just as much - if not more so :D .

It that with NG+? I think it'd be a lot better not having to wait ages to get decent force powers. Slow has got to be the most boring thing they could have thought of.

And this game is crying out for a photo mode. It's beautiful but you've got this daft green bar you can't hide and the camera is in so tight that to get any scenery in you end up with the camera essentially at Cal's feet. Are those ones K posted made with that Nvidia tool that basically adds photo mode to anything?

Not sure - the deadendthrills Twitter feed / website might shed some more light. It's an Unreal engine game, I think they're fairly easy to hack a photo mode into.

52 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

It that with NG+? I think it'd be a lot better not having to wait ages to get decent force powers. Slow has got to be the most boring thing they could have thought of.

And this game is crying out for a photo mode. It's beautiful but you've got this daft green bar you can't hide and the camera is in so tight that to get any scenery in you end up with the camera essentially at Cal's feet. Are those ones K posted made with that Nvidia tool that basically adds photo mode to anything?

I actually couldn't see any new game plus option. Maybe I missed it?

I'm at the 

Spoiler

arena fight 

and I'm loving almost everything about this game. I don't understand why God of War has a 10 higher MC because while less polished, I think this game does almost everything better. It has more interesting level design, better traversal, more variety, no forced walking sections and flower picking, less cut-scenes and I think I prefer SW's combat as well.

• Upvote 3

There isn't a new game plus. (sadly) 

I wonder if it's because specific narrative progress is linked to the gear gating, so you could totally screw up what's supposed to happen when. I'd happily romp through the whole thing from the beginning with a full suite of awesome powers.