rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

11 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

That would be fair comment had they not done a proper PhysX job on Cal's hair. It's like they were contractually obliged to have it always be the best-looking thing in the frame.

Wookies need stronger artist representation.

And finished. Now that's a fucking Star Wars game! Loved all of it. The reviews stating the story is poor are miles wide of the mark. Sure, one character is introduced late and then underused, but that aside, Cal's journey is really well done here. 

What's great about this is what's great about Star Wars: Great good guys and great villains. The Second Sister is genuinely brilliant. 

Also, special note to the animation team. Cut scenes are close to flawless, but what was impressive for me was the brief conversations outside of cut scenes: Excellent lip-sync, putting all other devs to shame in that regard. It's a little thing that adds so much. 

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

And finished. Now that's a fucking Star Wars game! Loved all of it. The reviews stating the story is poor are miles wide of the mark. Sure, one character is introduced late and then underused, but that aside, Cal's journey is really well done here. 

What's great about this is what's great about Star Wars: Great good guys and great villains. The Second Sister is genuinely brilliant. 

Also, special note to the animation team. Cut scenes are close to flawless, but what was impressive for me was the brief conversations outside of cut scenes: Excellent lip-sync, putting all other devs to shame in that regard. It's a little thing that adds so much. 

Really? Sure some of the lipsyncing is okay but characters all feel a bit 360 and just kind of wobble from side to side while they talk. And the less said about the goldfish lady on the Mantis the better. I took this clip purely because of how bad/last gen it felt. 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/bittertoad/video/81807803

just finished and i enjoyed it - decent story and some nice action - though it really is just a re-skinned version of the first tomb raider reboot game.  Camps/meditation points to heal and perk up - check.   faux open world where paths only up when you upgrade skill/equipment - check.    mountains/caves/paths that you slide down while avoiding hazards - check.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Mugman said:

Really? Sure some of the lipsyncing is okay but characters all feel a bit 360 and just kind of wobble from side to side while they talk. And the less said about the goldfish lady on the Mantis the better. I took this clip purely because of how bad/last gen it felt. 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/bittertoad/video/81807803

Those are two nobodies; if anything they're moving too much. 

I’m playing on an X and I thought the lip sync for the lady on the ship was pretty bad. Plus she looks very plasticky to my eye. Cal doesn’t look much better to my eye and his jaw is a bit odd.

I haven’t played it much but I did think that the opening level was more or less a totally different game to the next two planets I turned up on.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

For those who have, or are near finishing it. 

Spoiler

What colour lightsaber did you go for in the end? I went yellow. Prior to that I played around with green (I really didn't like the Orange colour from the Special edition) but kept going back to blue. 

Once he got his own though, yellow felt right, looks fantastic in the game too. 

Just echoing an earlier question, how long is it taking you guys to complete it?

Usually in a game like this I'm a bit of a completist, but the collectibles are so pointless I can see me just working my way through the story and leaving it at that. 

same colour for me.

I did all the collectibles in the TRaider game but won't be doing these as they are so poor. There's more joy in actiually getting a green door to disappear from the map rather than a palette swap poncho.

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hide contents

What colour lightsaber did you go for in the end? I went yellow. Prior to that I played around with green (I really didn't like the Orange colour from the Special edition) but kept going back to blue. 

Pink

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Oh and, am I the only one who likes the intro song? :)

Do you mean that alien rock song? I like that a lot. Have been looking for it online but can’t find it. 

With the bounty hunters, after the first one, if you lose to others do you end up back at that arena thing? And do you have to do all the platforming bits again?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

With the bounty hunters, after the first one, if you lose to others do you end up back at that arena thing? And do you have to do all the platforming bits again?

No you just respawn as normal. Seemingly they will then disappear from where you met them, and then reappear at the same point later on (at least that is what happened to me)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vemsie said:

4th biggest launch of the year in the UK (after FIFA, Modern Warfare and Pokemon) and doing well on Steam too.

EA have finally managed to sell a Star Wars game AND a Respawn game?!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, footle said:

EA have finally managed to sell a Star Wars game AND a Respawn game?!

I do hope the sales are good for it though. It deserves to do well, but more important it needs to show that people still love a decent, full blooded single player game.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I went for purple but when I went to the table all the other colours were there as options too, which seemed a bit daft!

4 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Reveal hidden contents

I went for purple but when I went to the table all the other colours were there as options too, which seemed a bit daft!

Spoiler

At least you can change your mind. I found indigo to be more purple than the purple in the game. 

So when should you go to...

Spoiler

Dathomir?

I have just completed Zeffo and thinking of heading off to Kashykk but Dathomir is also on my list of planets to visit, just with no objective marker.

32 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

So when should you go to...

Hide contents

Dathomir?

I have just completed Zeffo and thinking of heading off to Kashykk but Dathomir is also on my list of planets to visit, just with no objective marker.

You can go there whenever and you might get....something...earlier than intended

Its hard though and you will eventually reach a point you can’t progress pass without plot related upgrade 

42 minutes ago, Hexx said:

You can go there whenever and you might get....something...earlier than intended

Remind me... 

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realise you could get that at multiple places.

I love the characters in this game. They're really, really well crafted. The alien captain (Greece? Whatever his name is) feel like a proper Star Wars character. 

Also, the character who joins your crew later on in the game is fantastic too. 

Point of order, Fallen Jedi is so much better than the films. 

And that's even considering I don't really think the way they've worked in the repeat visits to the planets works especially well when they're telling the story :p 

However, it's a properly enjoyable game. 

Single player and from EA to boot.

I'm awaiting the pigs flying overhead.

• Upvote 1

Threw down for a month of Premier for this. Have to say I'm liking what I'm seeing atm. Looks very tasty in places, especially at highest settings and 4K HDR. I've gone for the highest difficulty as all the talk of DS comparisons has egged me on to think I'll be able to play at such a setting. What with well over a thousand hours spent on From's Souls games. 

Will probably knock it down at some point if it doesn't have the level system of those games, seeing as in reality I'm pretty rubbish at them but have managed to finish them all (yeah including Demon's and Sekiro) by simply farming to fuck and leveling like crazy.

• Upvote 1

I actually went back to Bogano and got 

Spoiler

The double bladed lightsaber upgrade, randomly in some workshop. Christ does it make the combat easier!

Heading to Kashykk next, this is awesome!