rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I’ve got 5 and am headed back to Kashyyyk for the second time. 

I've obviously missed some then as I've finished Kashyyk for the second time. No idea where they might be though. 

And done, knocked down for three fights. Great story, great feel for the licence, but not a fan of all the backtracking. A one and done for me. 

3 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

In the end I've ended up turning the difficulty down to story after 

Hide contents

the ninth sister on Kashyyk as I just couldn't get her down to below 90% of her health without being completely stomped and the load times to respawn just meant that I was spending more time looking at a loading screen than actually getting anywhere in the game.

She isn't too bad:

Spoiler

Just wait for a red attack, stun her with a force push and then get a few hits in. Repeat as needed. If you run out of force then just block a few hits, or parry if you want to risk it,  and get a few hits in after she has battered against your block until it recovers.  Or, keep dodging until she performs a red attack and then get a few hits in while she recovers. 

I had the skill upgrade which restores health whenever I use a stim which is handy.

Worst thing about her was a new low in the game's insipid voice work as she sounded ridiculous. A hulking alien Jedi should not sound like a Californian teenager - she also sounded exactly like Cal which made it hard to work out who was saying what, let alone why...

3 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I've obviously missed some then as I've finished Kashyyk for the second time. No idea where they might be though. 

I had seven at the time of the fight at the end of the second trip to  Kashyyk.

Holy shit! Dathomir spoilers... 

Spoiler

That's the viewpoint of Order 66 I never knew I needed. Fantastic use of the RotS score too. 

• Empathy 1

So, Kashyyyk.

Spoiler

That fight at the end with multiple Stormtroopers, a security droid and an AT-ST was pretty challenging on Grandmaster difficulty. You need to destroy the droid as quickly as possible to make it manageable.

7 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

So, Kashyyyk.

Hide contents

That fight at the end with multiple Stormtroopers, a security droid and an AT-ST was pretty challenging on Grandmaster difficulty. You need to destroy the droid as quickly as possible to make it manageable.

Hack it!

1 minute ago, Mike S said:

You don't have the option at that time..

I did

It's just the right when you go outside after the first Wookie Cells/Security Drioid fight? As you shortcut back to the save point by the slime?

5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I did

Hide contents

It's just the right when you go outside after the first Wookie Cells/Security Drioid fight? As you shortcut back to the save point by the slime?

I was sure it wasn't available to me until my second visit but may well have just missed it. 

Spoiler

This is the one to  hack the tall security droid with the long arms and legs? Not the little flying ones? It would certainly have made that fight a little bit easier so can understand why it would be issued beforehand.

I was sure it wasn't available to me until my second visit but may well have just missed it. 

This is the one to  hack the tall security droid with the long arms and legs? Not the little flying ones? It would certainly have made that fight a little bit easier so can understand why it would be issued beforehand.

Yep - it's missible as it's on a shortcut unlock (I don't know if you get it else where later). I thought it was odd you got it so soon after meeting the first one.

I think I even posted in here i got it

The Security Driod AI could not handle an ATST at all:D

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Yep - it's missible as it's on a shortcut unlock (I don't know if you get it else where later). I thought it was odd you got it so soon after meeting the first one.

I think I even posted in here i got it

Hide contents

The Security Driod AI could not handle an ATST at all:D

Aah, my mistake then. I must just have missed it until the return visit. I've not  had cause to use it since picking it up so hopefully I'll encounter a few more of those droids later..

The boss fight at the end of the second visit to Kashyyyk is great...I'm still shit at it, but it felt much more like a proper duel :D . 

This feels just like a really great SW animated series - which I approve of wholeheartedly. Clone Wars and Rebels are considerably better than any of the later movies too - plus like those two the game actually makes the prequel trilogy feel vaguely interesting.

Addendum:  I attempted to watch a bit of Revenge of the Sith last night. Maaaan, it's a struggle. There's a huge amount of fantastic world building going on, but the dialogue and story is just so fucking awful. But the views of Coruscant...still very, very pretty!

Anyhoo - well done Fallen Order, you've got me enjoying Star Wars again. 

11 minutes ago, JoeK said:

The boss fight at the end of the second visit to Kashyyyk is great...I'm still shit at it, but it felt much more like a proper duel :D . 

This feels just like a really great SW animated series - which I approve of wholeheartedly. Clone Wars and Rebels are considerably better than any of the later movies too - plus like those two the game actually makes the prequel trilogy feel vaguely interesting.

Addendum:  I attempted to watch a bit of Revenge of the Sith last night. Maaaan, it's a struggle. There's a huge amount of fantastic world building going on, but the dialogue and story is just so fucking awful. But the views of Coruscant...still very, very pretty!

Anyhoo - well done Fallen Order, you've got me enjoying Star Wars again. 

You should give The Mandalorian a go, if you haven’t already. It’s really good.

17 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

Anyone else getting terrible performance with this on pc. i get 80fps max at 1440p but it drops to 30 so much its awful.

Yeah, it's a mess. 

I have assumed that it is something to do with loading/streaming data rather than a particularly taxing graphics workload  as it happens as often in low detailed, quiet,  corridor environments as it does in expansive, busy, locations.

Yeah, it's a mess. 

I have assumed that it is something to do with loading/streaming data rather than a particularly taxing graphics workload about as it happens as often in low detailed, quiet,  corridor environments as it does in expansive, busy, locations.

Yep, was worrying it was something with my pc but i can not play it when the fps is jumping around like that.

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Hack it!

Didn't have that option available, so did it the hard, badass Jedi way. 8-)

Spoiler

after lots of deaths

Just kicked the crud out of the 9th sister. Wasn’t too hard - Mike’s tips above are very good. 

I don’t why it didn’t occur to me to use force powers to knock enemies out of their red attacks. Seems so obvious. 

Seems a shame our new friend couldn’t give us a lift all the way back to the Mantis. 

• Upvote 2

I finished the story in this earlier and had a pretty good time. There were some things I wasn't keen on. The combat system wasn't as fluid as I'd like. Sometimes the map was a pain to traverse and figure out how to get somewhere but it was as Star Wars as fuck. The human characters (Merrin the exception) were pretty oddly modled but droids, troopers and aliens were excellent.

Once I figured out that interupting a boss with a force power was the way to win those fights that went very smoothly too. I expected the ending we got but not just how awesome the final stretch of the final mission was. Spoiler below

Getting chased by a pissed off Vader to some glorious Star Wars music was just fucking astounding. You spend the entire game getting stronger and better and then you realise that holy fuck you've got no chance against someone with real experience. Even Cere slightly earlier in the mission dual wielding blaster and sabre puts you to shame

BD1 is best boy.

7 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I've had 3 for ages and don't seem to have picked up any more.

I just don't get the combat in this at all. It was pretty okay up until 

Reveal hidden contents

the second fight with the Second Sister

But that was a sticking point. Beyond that point I'm having a real difficutly with an group of enemies

Reveal hidden contents

especially the enemies on Kashyyk when you are swarmed.

I just can't seem to get into any rhythm that doesn't see me losing loads of health. I'll be blocking one enemy see an opportunity to hit and as I do get hit in the back by another or get shot. I just find it really frustrating. Also you only ever seen to be able to get a couple of hits at most in on an enemy before they block you or get in a quick attack. This is most anoying as you don't ever seem to be able to do anything once they have a hit chain going against you. Don't even get me started on the enemies that counter your parries!

I just don't seem to be able to understand how the combat should flow. Also you run out of force power much too quickly.

In the end I've ended up turning the difficulty down to story after 

Reveal hidden contents

the ninth sister on Kashyyk as I just couldn't get her down to below 90% of her health without being completely stomped and the load times to respawn just meant that I was spending more time looking at a loading screen than actually getting anywhere in the game.

This is how I feel.

The combat is sluggish and I die a lot especially against commanders while people are shooting at you. It never feels fluid.