rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Anyone met Null Chance yet?

In terms of bugs I’ve had this:

TSm6rez.jpg

And then more recently the map button just stopped working completely.

Will have a look at Bogano at some point but right now I’m headed back to Kashyyk!

56 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Will have a look at Bogano at some point but right now I’m headed back to Kashyyk!

Nnnoooo, go back to Bogano. Trust me! 

I despise the combat. Absolutely despise it. 

You are the fucking Jedi Yet the entire game seems to be dodge, dodge, dodge, parry, parry, maybe hit someone, parry, parry. 

While enemies just go whack whack whack and energy is gone. Especially those with energy sticks etc. 

It’s fucking shit. I am hating the combat as much as I hated the combat in Souls. Hard just to be hard rather than actually enjoyable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

4 hours ago, Phelan said:

I despise the combat. Absolutely despise it. 

You are the fucking Jedi Yet the entire game seems to be dodge, dodge, dodge, parry, parry, maybe hit someone, parry, parry. 

While enemies just go whack whack whack and energy is gone. Especially those with energy sticks etc. 

It’s fucking shit. I am hating the combat as much as I hated the combat in Souls. Hard just to be hard rather than actually enjoyable. 

I think it’s fine. Cal is clearly not the most gifted Jedi in Galaxy (except by virtue of being the only Jedi in the Galaxy). He’s struggling to remember force skills that he learnt as a kid.

I’ve always wondered how there aren’t more Jedi missing a hand or something, from when they accidentally lopped it off with their lightsaber. Presumably because they’re amazingly well trained and disciplined. You don’t just give any idiot a lightsaber and make a killing machine.  You can really decimate enemies in this but it takes skill, which feels like it reflects this. The one caveat I would say is some of the creature enemies which take huge amounts of damage to go down. 

Also, if you look at the original films, lightsaber combat wasn’t the ridiculous windmilling, moving your lightsaber faster than the eye can see nonsense we got in the prequel films. 

To be fair to the game as you progress to getting all your force powers; you do start to feel like a Jedi and are able to cut down packs of enemies with ease. For me, it’s probably one of the best games where you feel like you are unlocking your skills and becoming empowered  rather than a dole out of button actions.

Just stopped at 1.45am. Enjoying this. Haven’t experienced any bugs on the X and only a very few bits of jarring slowdown. I’m now at 

Spoiler

Ilium

And the story is really well done and acted so far.

@Thor I’ve been back to Bogano. What was the thing you suggested going back for? . Have cleared it bar going back to 

Spoiler

The tomb

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think it’s fine. Cal is clearly not the most gifted Jedi in Galaxy (except by virtue of being the only Jedi in the Galaxy). He’s struggling to remember force skills that he learnt as a kid.

I’ve always wondered how there aren’t more Jedi missing a hand or something, from when they accidentally lopped it off with their lightsaber. Presumably because they’re amazingly well trained and disciplined. You don’t just give any idiot a lightsaber and make a killing machine.  You can really decimate enemies in this but it takes skill, which feels like it reflects this. The one caveat I would say is some of the creature enemies which take huge amounts of damage to go down. 

Also, if you look at the original films, lightsaber combat wasn’t the ridiculous windmilling, moving your lightsaber faster than the eye can see nonsense we got in the prequel films. 

Then I must just be shit cause I die all the time.

Feels like my parry bar runs out so quickly especially when up against one of the force troopers who carry the electro batons who do five attacks at one with you - then the other enemy in the room whacks you and then the force trooper whacks you and suddenly you have no energy left so you roll and roll and roll to use a stim and then they hit you again and you are dead.

I hated Souls games for the combat and this feels identical. 

Ah that’s a shame. Have you tried just holding block and waiting for a window?  I don’t party all that much, except for deflecting blaster shots back at enemies (which is badass, especially point blank *evil cackle*).

I haven’t found the standard enemies all that much of a problem yet. And you do get some handy powers later on (force push is a good one for a little bit of crowd control). 

I’m still really enjoying this. Love the convos between stormtroopers. 

Reloads/respawns are far too long like. Hope that can be patched. 

14 minutes ago, Phelan said:

Then I must just be shit cause I die all the time.

Feels like my parry bar runs out so quickly especially when up against one of the force troopers who carry the electro batons who do five attacks at one with you - then the other enemy in the room whacks you and then the force trooper whacks you and suddenly you have no energy left so you roll and roll and roll to use a stim and then they hit you again and you are dead.

I always try to divide and conquer. Most of the purge troopers take a long walk of a short pier thanks to force push. 

Otherwise, I find a side dodge and kick usually knocks them out of their combo and you can get a few good licks in. 

I don’t understand why the Y attacks need to use up force meter. They’re slow and leave you vulnerable - there’s a clear risk/reward there. Having them use meter just leaves you in stupid positions where you hit it and nothing happens. 

• Empathy 1

I'm on Zeffo trying to complete second puzzle. With the waterfall but I don't have force push so can't complete the damned puzzle. 

Why was it telling me to go to this place if I can't do the fucking puzzle??

• Downvote 1

This is an extremely enjoyable game. I'm not entirely certain the the constant returns to planets helps the story work to the best of its abilities, but nonetheless there are really superb moments in it.

I don't think the combat's particularly special - it's perfectly serviceable, but I do seem to spend most of the time rolling around the place or blasting folk off a ledge. I'm not cut out to be a jedi. However, it's good enough that it doesn't bother me, as I do like the exploration and the sight-seeing going on :) . 

I don't know how long it is, but it doesn't seem I've got far in the story, but feel like I've been playing for a fair few hours.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Phelan said:

I'm on Zeffo trying to complete second puzzle. With the waterfall but I don't have force push so can't complete the damned puzzle. 

Why was it telling me to go to this place if I can't do the fucking puzzle??

Anything that glows red you can’t do, so just move on. 

In my head, I explain Cal’s vulnerability on the basis that he’s a young, traumatised trainee who hasn’t picked up a lightsaber in years, going up against an imperial military who are highly experienced in killing Jedi thanks to Order 66 and the subsequent cleanup. Even rank and file soldiers will have had training, and experienced troops might have actually taken down Jedi personally. Most of the really powerful Jedi will have been killed immediately, as that was the whole point of Order 66, but the army will have had plenty of opportunity to get practice mopping up the older and less experienced Jedi in the aftermath. 

*pushes glasses back up nose*

As an aside, it seems slightly odd that scout troopers are tougher than the standard stormtroopers. I always had them down as weedier, more lightly armoured scouts, rather than more capable types who you’d give the anti-Jedi gear to. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Thor said:

@macosx

Reveal hidden contents

Double. Bladed. Lightsaber. 

8-)

Got this and it’s totally worth it. Also got an extra stim container which will help going forward. 

If anyone’s going to Bogdano and can’t find it, I took a screenshot of the location which might help. 

edit: me and my new toy from Bogdano:

Spoiler

6-C61-AD01-04-F1-4-EF9-9-BFA-CA22-B175-A

Enjoying this although as others have said it could have done with another 6 months to really polish the experience. The main character is the image of Jerome from Gotham. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Enjoying this although as others have said it could have done with another 6 months to really polish the experience. The main character is the image of Jerome from Gotham. 

Well, to be fair it is him playing the role.

5 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Well, to be fair it is him playing the role.

I didn’t know he actually played the part. That explains that then. 

• Empathy 2

2 hours ago, Phelan said:

Nah, this is a lot more vague than Souls.

I think it's the light from the sabre, and the constant noise of the thing, which masks the contact between your character's sword and opponents weapons and which makes combat feel less precise and, consequently, a lot less rewarding.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I didn’t know he actually played the part. That explains that then. 

And I think he does a good job. I rather like him as a character. His hair blows nicely in the wind ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Anything that glows red you can’t do, so just move on. 

I was surprised by just how video gamey bits like that’s were.  It was like a Zelda dungeon, here’s all the stuff you can interact with once you get the item (force power) at the core of it, but with no subtly. 

This runs extremely well on PC if you meet the recommended specs.  I've had zero playability issues and everything looks great.  The only thing I've had is that the ship you have doesn't load in to the customisation screen if you enter it by pressing the relevant button at the prompt after picking up a customising bit from a crate.  If you close that out and go through it yourself from the pause menu, it loads just fine.

Overall I think the game is doing well, but it's a little soulless for me.  Not a lot of interaction with anyone in the levels bar a couple of characters I have met (been to three worlds so far and have now just got to Kashykk).  Guess that's because I have been mainly playing open world games for a very long time.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Got this and it’s totally worth it. Also got an extra stim container which will help going forward. 

If anyone’s going to Bogdano and can’t find it, I took a screenshot of the location which might help. 

edit: me and my new toy from Bogdano:

Reveal hidden contents

6-C61-AD01-04-F1-4-EF9-9-BFA-CA22-B175-A

yeah I did get those bits. :)

And later something else :)

After the sublime first level, drenched in Star Wars feels, I was worried about this game when I was then a Jedi having to fight goats.

Hardly an entry for the journal of the whills.

Thankfully they haven’t returned and this game is up there with my fave SW GOAT games 

Yeah it's getting much better the more I play. 

Just out of interest I'm on the first proper Lightsaber fight, how many stims should i have? I'm worried I'm missing loads of side stuff. 

I've had 3 for ages and don't seem to have picked up any more.

I just don't get the combat in this at all. It was pretty okay up until 

Spoiler

the second fight with the Second Sister

But that was a sticking point. Beyond that point I'm having a real difficutly with an group of enemies

Spoiler

especially the enemies on Kashyyk when you are swarmed.

I just can't seem to get into any rhythm that doesn't see me losing loads of health. I'll be blocking one enemy see an opportunity to hit and as I do get hit in the back by another or get shot. I just find it really frustrating. Also you only ever seen to be able to get a couple of hits at most in on an enemy before they block you or get in a quick attack. This is most anoying as you don't ever seem to be able to do anything once they have a hit chain going against you. Don't even get me started on the enemies that counter your parries!

I just don't seem to be able to understand how the combat should flow. Also you run out of force power much too quickly.

In the end I've ended up turning the difficulty down to story after 

Spoiler

the ninth sister on Kashyyk as I just couldn't get her down to below 90% of her health without being completely stomped and the load times to respawn just meant that I was spending more time looking at a loading screen than actually getting anywhere in the game.

• Upvote 1