rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

If BD1 asked me to, I’d kill all of you without hesitation

Ha.

BD1 is ace although he must be getting pretty sick of me changing his paint scheme every thirty minutes...

• Upvote 1

If you fall off something a bunch of times it does go to respawn which is a bit annoying. I genuinely couldn’t do a slidey bit where you jump onto ropes and across gaps and it put me way back somewhere :hmm:

Oh and there was a glowy thing out of reach which I presume was my xp etc

21 hours ago, Droo said:

Just so you all know. Tesco sold me a physical copy today. 

5D33A455-BA53-4863-B893-4C8097AC06F0.jpeg

Never walk out of Tesco with that security tag still attached - even when security tell you it's fine.  Trust me.

I learnt the hard way and they are very noisy and very strong when you break that cord! 

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

For me, I feel I'll certainly be getting my £15 worth form the EA access sub price but would have been less impressed had I paid full price.

I don't follow, I didn't think you could get this on EA Access?

I’m almost hesitant to ask after the whole midichlorian thing but has George Lucas ever given a stupid and unnecessary explanation for how people understand droids’ bleeping at them?

• Empathy 2

Like previous Star Wars games this waters down lightsabers way too much.

If I come up against a door or some fans that I can't get passed why can't I just slice open the door or cut the fan in half? I HAVE A GOD DAMN LIGHTSABER!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 3

Could this game have been any more generic? Watching some streams and the lack of creativity and imagination is truly depressing. Everything is cribbed or lifted from other games, and every single genre trope is present. With a license like Star Wars resorting to ripping off Souls and Tomb Raider is just a total waste. It looks boring, predictable and cheesy. 9/10.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Anyone playing this on its highest difficulty setting? Would like to know how the challenge is.

Planning to. Will dive in tonight.

13 minutes ago, K said:

Is Star Wars really the place for formal experimentation? It's like going into Wagamamas and saying "this is all a bit safe, isn't it?". If you want weird risky stuff, play Death Stranding.

There's just nothing that defines it or makes it stand apart as doing its own thing. You can be mainstream and commercial but still bring creativity and inspiration, it doesn't have to be weird or risky. Watch the Easy Allies review, the game almost looks like a meme, it's so generic.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

If nothing else, Fallen Order has introduced a new droid into the mix that I really like. 

It's charming.

This is the third Star Wars thing in a row where the robot is the best character.

Follows in the tradition of the best actor in the Original Trilogy being the muppet I guess.

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, K said:

Is Star Wars really the place for formal experimentation? It's like going into Wagamamas and saying "this is all a bit safe, isn't it?". If you want weird risky stuff, play Death Stranding.

There is probably a happy middle ground between vanilla and wackadoo-loony-pants.

21 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

This is the third Star Wars thing in a row where the robot is the best character.

Follows in the tradition of the best actor in the Original Trilogy being the muppet I guess.

Of course, you do have the awful robot in Solo which does knock things down a little bit, but you can't have it all I guess.

Stuck a couple of hours on this. The game falls into the trap of making your avatar an athletic Jedi who then has to wheezily climb endless ropes and vines. Letting him wield the most powerful melee weapon in the galaxy, yet giving space Gerbils +15 armour so they take four hits to kill. Smh.

The graphics are...fine (on PC, everything on 'Epic' at 1080p) although the team obviously spent 100% more time on the train intro than the first proper planet. It's very low detail & CTRL+C / CTRL+V in comparison. 

It's nice to get into it with Imperials, but killing the fauna over and over is well duff. Not helped by being given a rubbish Force power as your starter. I'm hoping it gets to be more flowing and exciting once you power up. For now, I think Remedy's RESPAWN's biggest mistake was starting the game with you doing such tedious and menial tasks involving a LOT of plodding about. That's no way to start a space adventure!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Treble said:

Stuck a couple of hours on this. The game falls into the trap of making your avatar an athletic Jedi who then has to wheezily climb endless ropes and vines. Letting him wield the most powerful melee weapon in the galaxy, yet giving space Gerbils +15 armour so they take four hits to kill. Smh.

The graphics are...fine (on PC, everything on 'Epic' at 1080p) although the team obviously spent 100% more time on the train intro than the first proper planet. It's very low detail & CTRL+C / CTRL+V in comparison. 

It's nice to get into it with Imperials, but killing the fauna over and over is well duff. Not helped by being given a rubbish Force power as your starter. I'm hoping it gets to be more flowing and exciting once you power up. For now, I think Remedy's biggest mistake was starting the game with you doing such tedious and menial tasks involving a LOT of plodding about. That's no way to start a space adventure!

Yeah after the "tutorial" learning to deflect lasers, parry and counter storm troopers - the first planet being (mostly) exploration and the fights against bugs does fill unfullfilling.

1 hour ago, K said:

I dunno, the generic-sounding nature of it is putting me off. Just putting Star Wars sounds and graphics over a slick yet derivative third-person game isn't enough to get me to part with my cash. Take Arkham Asylum, for example - it contains well-worn tropes for sure but the whole thing is focused around making you feel like Batman, and that gave it a totally fresh feel. This isn't really convincing me that it'll make me feel like a Jedi. I reckon if Rocksteady had made this, one of their core design principles would be that the lightsaber cuts through anything it touches, and the game design would evolve from there.

• Upvote 2

Bought this at Sainsbury's at lunchtime with my nectar points. 

Glad that everyone's already saying it's shit, before I've even played it! If only I'd waited until the end of the day. 

• Upvote 2

We're never, ever getting a game were a lightsaber can cut through anything so I don't see why people expect it to. Do they cut through everything easily in the films? Or in any previous  game? Nope.

36 minutes ago, Treble said:

It's nice to get into it with Imperials, but killing the fauna over and over is well duff. Not helped by being given a rubbish Force power as your starter. I'm hoping it gets to be more flowing and exciting once you power up. For now, I think Remedy's biggest mistake was starting the game with you doing such tedious and menial tasks involving a LOT of plodding about. That's no way to start a space adventure!

A Remedy Star Wars game would be cool.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

We're never, ever getting a game were a lightsaber can cut through anything so I don't see why people expect it to. Do they cut through everything easily in the films? Or in any previous  game? Nope.

Yes, surely? When has a lightsaber not cleanly cut through anything other than another lightsaber? The only time I can recall seeing it being used in any other way is when Qui Gon is melting through the blast-proof door at the start of TPM.

• Upvote 3

There's loads of examples of a light saber not cutting through things like they are paper in the original trilogy. It sparks hitting things etc.

Don't really this as a problem to be honest.

• Upvote 2