rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

27 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

I’m (im)patiently looking out the front windu for my postman. The weather is horrific so hopefully he won’t be delayed!

Think mine has already let me down. Order shipped yesterday but I've already seen him pass through the street. I have no right to be this annoyed but I am looking at everything inanimate right now like it's deserving of a sharp kick! :lol:

• Empathy 1

Got mine from Base just now and currently installing it on the Xbox. That's my afternoon sorted then.

658 mb patch to be downloaded.

Edited by sofasurfer

2 minutes ago, sandman said:

The review embargo is worrying me a bit - why so close to release?

EA say plot spoilers but that’s what they’d say regardless, right?

Most of the previews have been enthusiastic enough, though so I’m not worried.

This looks really really good.

Just watching a streamer play it. They are playing it on the hardest difficulty and saying it’s no where near as hard as dark souls. 

• Upvote 1

This looks way more GoW lite than Dark Souls, with Uncharted traversal.

Watching someone play the first half hour at the moment. There’s a lot of cool stuff going on around you, but what 80s action hero 101 actually does is nothing you haven’t done a thousand times before. Lots of jumping, lots of sliding.

The writing and scene setting seems great though. Hopefully the gameplay will prove to match it.

Only really paid attention to this earlier this week but the Respawn connection got me hooked..

One EA Premier Access thing and the NZ trick (both highlighted in this thread) and I'm in. Seems good so far!

I have also discovered that there is literally nothing else of worth in the EA/Origin vault thing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

This looks way more GoW lite than Dark Souls, with Uncharted traversal.

It does play like Uncharted crossed with GoW and that's a good thing in my book. I'm only on the beginning planet and taking my time exploring and just

Spoiler

came across a lizard like mini-boss hidden away that killed me pretty easily. I'm assuming as I get better and more powers I can take it on. At the moment I'm barely out of nappies in the Jedi scale

I think it was the Edge preview that said the controls are mapped oddly and will take a bit of time getting used to and it does feel that way so far.

The character needs to keep his mouth shut as his voice and need to say so much is already starting to grate.

Also, I fell through a solid rock  and got stuck in the scenery which was annoying. And a few more control and graphics options (for PC) would be nice as it is a bit stuttery.  I'd like to be abnle to slow down the camera speed too..

Those are my early gripes out of the way but gameplay is fun -  a nice mix of exploration and combat so far. 

Anyone on a Pro/X - how’s the 60fps mode? I’ve always found they make the games which support it look pretty horrible on PS4, though Forza on Xbox doesn’t get anywhere near as blurry as God Of War/SOTC/Hellblade. 

I’ve played for 80 mins or so and enjoying it so far, obviously very early on. It’s a bit of a looker that’s for sure! A real sense of scale during the opening area, very impressive. The sound & music is also very good. Two thumbs up for the cut-scenes too. The main protagonist seems ok and the voice work is decent, I do keep getting distracted by his hair though. Had a fair bit of combat and it seems good but there’s obviously a lot more skills to learn so seems a bit straightforward so far. 

On the negative side; despite playing in performance mode on PS4 Pro the frame rate is quite variable, I wasn’t expecting 60fps all the time but doesn’t take much to be going on for it to take a hit. Also the movement of Cal is a bit odd, especially jumping. Could well be something I get used to though. 

19 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

@Droo How much are they charging for it?

£50

11 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Yeah @Droo.  And why are your hands so tiny?

One big hand. One wee hand. Beadle style. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

sweet little pre-order droid bonus!

:)

• Upvote 2

I can tell you this, on my original PS4 it’s a touch jittery. 

So far, so okay though. First level is a tomb raider style tutorial. Graphics are nice.