rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

5 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I hate the guy’s generic protagonist voice 

That's my only problem with the game, and why I was pretty meh about it before the last couple of months. The main guy is generic lead #1... this is what happens when everything has to be approved by 80 people!

I’m patiently waiting for the section on cdkeys to update with my code.

I understand the argument against pre ordering and waiting for the reviews etc but I’ve watched a few videos and unless it’s fundamentally broken in some non-obvious way I’m sure (hoping!) that I’ll get my money’s worth from it. The core gameplay looks sound enough :) 

• Upvote 1

I've kept away from previews.  My son wants to play it, so I've subscribed to EA Access Premier for a month and we'll play this; and FIFA and Plagues Tale.  So it doesn't feel like I'm dropping a lot of money on the unknown, even though I'll only have access to it while I'm subbed. 

Not sure how I feel about these subscription services, but it feels like the right choice on this occasion.  I guess if I really like it and want to replay it another time I can buy when it's on sale sometime in the future.

Watching The Mandalorian has added some extra hype.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, davejm said:

I've kept away from previews.  My son wants to play it, so I've subscribed to EA Access Premier for a month and we'll play this; and FIFA and Plagues Tale.  So it doesn't feel like I'm dropping a lot of money on the unknown, even though I'll only have access to it while I'm subbed. 

Not sure how I feel about these subscription services, but it feels like the right choice on this occasion.  I guess if I really like it and want to replay it another time I can buy when it's on sale sometime in the future.

Watching The Mandalorian has added some extra hype.

Hadn't kept up with a lot of these sub services, so thank you, that is exactly what I'm going to do for this. Unless this turns out to be an all -time classic, four quid for a month seems very reasonable. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Pre Order.

31 minutes ago, Steven said:

Hadn't kept up with a lot of these sub services, so thank you, that is exactly what I'm going to do for this. Unless this turns out to be an all -time classic, four quid for a month seems very reasonable. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Pre Order.

6 minutes ago, tobert said:

Is EA access premier on ps4? I can't see anything in this, only that Fallen Order is not in normal EA access

It's PC only.  It's an extra tier of the service, £15 a month.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, davejm said:

Can you just buy one month and then fuck it off? Because if so, I'm doing that.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, davejm said:

I have felt a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if a great time was going to be had this weekend and there was suddenly silence.

• Empathy 1

13 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Set Xboxes to New Zealand and you can play it mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Any word on day 1 patch size? I remember the Titanfall 2 one was about 32MB.

Someone on Reddit has the PS4 version of the game early and stated they are downloading a patch of around 300-440 meg.

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

Im hearing this has a performance mode on Pro for 1080p/60fps rather than 1080/30

Any news on X enhancements?

2 hours ago, JoeK said:

Hold down ‘left’ on the stick whilst pressing ‘x’ ‘x’ and ‘b’, and the AT-ATs all become naked.

Should have been the konami code :D

(or was this the code that allegedly made Lara naked in the original tomb raider or some such?)

15 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Set Xboxes to New Zealand and you can play it mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Aww, yeah.  PC VPN users can connect to a New Zealand server as well and it looks like it will unlock on Origin at 1pm today.

SWFONZVPN.thumb.PNG.a604b3d86990ff4c53e077fbbfd12da4.PNG

For anyone on the NZ region xbox it's just unlocked :)Immediate impressions, looks nice, traversal seems decent - no "press a to jump" tool tips filling the screen (may be if you don't jump automatically it tells you - I didn't wait to see) - now to settle in for an afternoon :)

• Upvote 2