rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

11 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Never pre-order Star wars game.

But you should always pre-order a game by Respawn. What a paradox!

• Upvote 7

Can't wait. No weekend plans so will be locking myself away and feasting like a 12 year old on it! Any chance simplygames will send this out early? never pre-ordered from them before

I really hope this is a hit for both Star Wars fans and Respawn. I don’t like the way EA have used the licence up to now, I’m hoping this has great characters and story which is what I feel SW is about, not endlessly spawnIng of battle droids being killed by hero pickup tokens.

2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Think it might already have been mentioned but CDKeys are doing the Deluxe Edition on Xbox One for £39.99 instead of £69.99. (Or you can pay £41.79 if you only want the standard version...)

Thanks very much for letting us know about that. Bought!

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Can't wait. No weekend plans so will be locking myself away and feasting like a 12 year old on it! Any chance simplygames will send this out early? never pre-ordered from them before

There's a very good chance you'll get it early, occasionally publishers put a strict ban on early posting but I doubt this will have such restrictions.

• Upvote 1

So tempted, especially as the better half is off playing rugby all day Friday... will keep an eye on reviews Thursday. 80+ and I’m in!

5 hours ago, Ran said:

I get all nearly all my games from Simply and 9 times out of 10 they post on a Weds by first class.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Anywhere selling steam keys? Cdkeys seem to only have Origin. 

I’m of the increasing opinion that this is the way EA and others get more money from things...I mean, it doesn’t matter to me as I’ll buy and play it on the cheapest solution, but there!s loads of folks who won’t play on anything other than Steam...I love Steam and all, but fuck off if I’m paying over £50 for it!

Yeah, I’m not viciously against getting it on Origin but would go steam given the choice for convenience. I hate multiple launchers. I’d go as far as paying an extra pound or two but that’s about it. 

3 hours ago, Pockets said:

Yeah, I’m not viciously against getting it on Origin but would go steam given the choice for convenience. I hate multiple launchers. I’d go as far as paying an extra pound or two but that’s about it. 

have you got GOG Galaxy 2? It unifies the PC ones pretty nicely. 

Wait a minute, is this supposed to be a hard game like that Sekiro thing?

christ, I was so looking forward to a decent SW game, but don't want anything taxing.

oh well. Another 15 years to wait then.......

It’s got difficulty settings. 

But you lot pre-ordering with such a tight review embargo are bonkers. Hopefully the game will turn out to be amazing, but I feel like we’re just encouraging this embargo bullshit by pre-ordering. 

• Upvote 3

I couldn't help it, I pre-ordered it on PC from CDkeys for £37.99 (it went up a pound while I was umming and ahhing for an hour or so earlier this evening too - bah).  Mainly because I want to play it on my newly built 1080p PC which will run it a lot better than either a base PS4 or XBone that I also have will manage.  I'm not going 4K until the next round of consoles launch at the earliest.

I hope it's fairly easy too.  Titanfall 2 was a great game, that was also not too taxing, so I have high hopes.

I am bummed about the choice of lead for the main protagonist, though.  Giving the character the same face of the actor recording the speech is weirding me out.  I cannot un-see Jerome Velasqua or Ian Gallagher every time I see his face in cutscenes or hear him talk.  :blink2:

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't have any worries about this being some kind of Sekiro level of punishment. What would be the point of keeping the rating down so kids can play but having the game mechanics be impenetrably difficult.

It looks to share the same kind of DNA of dodging, parrying and attacking at opportune moments but I bet it's a lot more forgiving even on harder difficulties.

On 10/11/2019 at 18:58, Joystick Chevron said:

the protag looks like the blandest, most boring motherfucker ever conceived.

I think this is my biggest problem with it. No matter how many promising impressions I read, I just think ‘yeah, but I’m spending the whole game as this fucking guy?’ It’s like something from the Wishmaster films where your desire gets horribly twisted: ‘I want to be a Jedi,’  ‘Done,’  gets turned into Cal Kestis ‘Noooooooo!’ 

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify once again, and please note that I have this preordered and I’m really looking forward to it, but it’s not the same dev team as Titanfall 1/2 & Apex Legends, it was a new team put together to make this. I think it sounds great and the Edge article was very positive. Soon we shall know :) 

New team but the dna is the same surely. Tifanfall 2 is nothing short of spectacular, and the dozen hours I spent on Apex Legends were mostly fun-filled positive ones. Both games feels like someone's vision.

Looking very much forward to this and not because of Star Wars.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

I think this is my biggest problem with it. No matter how many promising impressions I read, I just think ‘yeah, but I’m spending the whole game as this fucking guy?’ It’s like something from the Wishmaster films where your desire gets horribly twisted: ‘I want to be a Jedi,’  ‘Done,’  gets turned into Cal Kestis ‘Noooooooo!’ 

He looks like if a Kevin De Bruyne was an accountant. 

• Upvote 1

I had a moment and preordered.

It’s a new Star Wars game that might be cool.

Considering my apathy to the new movies these days, I’m still always hopeful about other medias’ attempts to make something fun from the universe.

I’m looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to this. This week in work is manic and the thoughts of having a chill Sunday playing this is getting me through it.