rllmuk
Ivanho

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Twitch Reveal 13th April 7:30pm

Very generic in that gameplay. It was only Alpha footage.

Is this out this year?

Titanfall 2 was great so hopefully the story on this will deliver.

• Upvote 1

Just now, gospvg said:

Very generic in that gameplay. It was only Alpha footage.

Is this out this year?

Titanfall 2 was great so hopefully the story on this will deliver.

I can't get enthusiastic about any of it, and if this gameplay trailer is the best they could put out, then I just think it's going to be a dull experience all 'round. 

However, Titanfall 2 was such a good game, it'd not be out of the realms of possibility for this to surprise me and be amazing by the time it actually gets released.

Nobody who worked on Titanfall is working on this, the studio heads helped hire these people but other than that it’s Respawn in name only.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Nobody who worked on Titanfall is working on this, the studio heads helped hire these people but other than that it’s Respawn in name only.

This will need to be continually repeated. All the commentators, podcasts etc I’ve seen seem to forget this. This has nothing to do with the incredible Titanfall games. I want it to be good, I’m a big fan of Respawn and also other EA franchises but we can’t give this a free pass ‘as its Respawn’, nor knock them if it turns out to not be great. 

My favourite part was using your lightsaber as a torch while walking across a wet, slippery log. No wonder the Jedi got wiped out. 

I did like the quick piss-take of Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith as well, with two troopers discussing the rebel attack and one finishing by saying ‘well, at least we have the high ground.’ 

• Upvote 6

I was thinking similar, but then who would actually do a good job with it?

It'd probably be best to give licenses out to different studios on a per-game basis, like they seem to do with the Marvel stuff now.

14 minutes ago, Nequests said:

It'd probably be best to give licenses out to different studios on a per-game basis, like they seem to do with the Marvel stuff now.

Let Obsidian make KotOR3! They've pitched it a few times over the years.

• Upvote 3

Star Wars was always one of those licenses where you have to work hard around the license holder and are subject to a lot of interference. That won't have got any easier with Disney being involved AND EAs executives and shareholder fluffers.

I really don't think it looks that bad on the whole. (If those limbs had been flying when the combat starts I think I'd have been completely onboard, it's that much of a personal deal breaker!)

This looks slightly better from a combat perspective, but why bother fighting cool if you can just kill like in the demo?

Those Wookies though, fucking woah. Poor Peter Mayhew would be...no, no, too soon.

• Upvote 1

The combat looks utterly terrible. I imagine it'll have a super low age rating and Disney don't want a variety of Storm Trooper limbs flying all over the screen. It just makes the usage of a lightsaber seem a bit pointless.

Wasn't impressed by any of it.

1 hour ago, Revival said:

The combat looks utterly terrible. I imagine it'll have a super low age rating and Disney don't want a variety of Storm Trooper limbs flying all over the screen. It just makes the usage of a lightsaber seem a bit pointless.

Wasn't impressed by any of it.

Yup. It really needs some storm troopers heads flying off at the every least.

I also think it looks ropey - particularly the animation and the wookies - but I'm also getting a slight Psi-Ops vibe off it which is making me surprisingly optimistic.

7 hours ago, Nequests said:

I mean, if what you’re aiming for is a rip off of Uncharted, maybe Naughty Dog. Or if you can’t get them maybe hire someone who used to work there?

56 minutes ago, Hewson said:

I also think it looks ropey - particularly the animation and the wookies - but I'm also getting a slight Psi-Ops vibe off it which is making me surprisingly optimistic.

I got The Simpsons Poochie vibes when he flew off with the grappling hook.

giphy.gif

I think it looks great and was rather brutal, considering the licence. It’s not amazing visually but the combat looks pretty tight.

It looks like a decent action adventure set during the 'best bit' of the star warses, with tie fighters and storm troopers and all that. As long as the combat is fun and feels chunky, I'll pick it up for sure. 

It looks like Uncharted 1 era Naughty Dog, very linear although the boss fight looked pretty cool. I'm not totally offended by it but it doesn't look like it's had anywhere near the lavish attention spent on it that the Battlefront games have.