rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's hardly their fault though. What should they do? Have a shitter shop?

• Upvote 1

The demand wasn't unforeseen - this happened with the Paris popup last year. We have people coming all over from Europe to get in. The queueing system could have been by bookable time slots only. But no, they want the PR of having 6 hour queues.

I'm just hoping the worst is over because it was half term last week.

• Downvote 1

Took Edith to the popup store today, only to be told that queues were now closed and she couldn't join them. One very upset child and wasted money trying to get there. 

A very nice young lad saw she was upset and gave her a sticker he bought from the store. He said it wasn't much, but hope it made her happy. Which it did. However they need to convey information better than they did. 

Edit: I probably should have researched it more before going.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Took Edith to the popup store today, only to be told that queues were now closed and she couldn't join them. One very upset child and wasted money trying to get there. 

A very nice young lad saw she was upset and gave her a sticker he bought from the store. He said it wasn't much, but hope it made her happy. Which it did. However they need to convey information better than they did. 

Edit: I probably should have researched it more before going.

Yes if you look on twitter you can see the state of the queues each day. Talking a 6am start if you wanna get in before mid-day. 

Possible stupid question alert

If you buy both (Sword and Shield) do the games connect with each other? ie: you can merge the Pokemon over that are exclusive to each version OR are they just two separate - but very similar - games?

You can move them between games but at the moment you'll need two Switches to do it. Or I imagine they still have the trade system so you can trade with someone online for the exclusive Pokemon.

Once the new version of Pokemon Bank (can't remember it's name off the top of my head) comes out you can use that without the need for a second Switch but that may be a subscription service if it's like previous versions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I assume the save between games won’t be compatible?

It won't be, no.

32 minutes ago, Strafe said:

So beyond collector/completionist value there’s no real argument for buying both?

I’m buying both so I can have one and my daughter the other.

Leaks are coming thick and fast as review copies are currently out in the wild. Here's a small image of what we have seen so far (behind spoiler tags, because for some people that seems to be important. I don't get it myself, it's like not knowing the roster of a new Street Fighter before jumping in)

EIgp-VS8-W4-AAz-Dk-Q.jpg

There's more with every hour, the best place to see them is #PokemonLeaks on twitter

• Upvote 1

Here's one that is a bit easier to understand (for me at least) as it's visual.

Spoiler

Final-Galar-checklist.png

White ones didn't make the cut.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Exclusive steelbook?

Yes, that is tempting. Especially as I have 10% off at the Uk Nintendo store.

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Yes, that is tempting. Especially as I have 10% off at the Uk Nintendo store.

It’s cheaper elsewhere though, even with 10% off.

7 hours ago, Strafe said:

Whereabouts? It’s a ton on simply and amazon.

The Game Collection