ThePixelbarks

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Which game?

2. 2. Which starter?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And that moment when you accidently pull out a Pokemon from the Nursery by mistake, and stupidly soft reset because you can't be arsed with agro to put it back, and then realise you turned off Auto Save.

Bye Bye Shiny Gastly...

😢

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/a-new-limited-time-pokemon-sword-and-shield-distribution-event-has-been-announced

As highlighted by Serebii.net, trainers will be able to unlock Ash's entire team - made up of Dracovish, Dragonite, Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Lucario. With codes to be distributed starting from August 12th...

There'll also be a distribution of a 'World Cap Pikachu' on 11th August.

Although this event is scheduled for Japan, Serebii.net webmaster Joe Merrick has confirmed the codes will work outside of this region. So we should have no issues redeeming them here in the west. Here's the schedule (note: each one is Level 80):

Dracovish - August 12th
Dragonite - August 26th
Gengar - September 2nd
Sirfetch'd - September 9th
Lucario - September 16th

Starts tomorrow.

You have to visit Game to get the code for their Pokemon distribution. There’s been no mention of it yet on their Twitter feeds so I’m going to try next weekend. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Game.

21 minutes ago, ryodi said:

You have to visit Game to get the code for their Pokemon distribution. There’s been no mention of it yet on their Twitter feeds so I’m going to try next weekend. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Game.

I'll pop by to my nearest one tomorrow and see what they are saying, I've had issues before where staff have been stockpiling them to put on eBay or whatever have you, so you don't get a real chance of getting one but fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

I'll pop by to my nearest one tomorrow and see what they are saying, I've had issues before where staff have been stockpiling them to put on eBay or whatever have you, so you don't get a real chance of getting one but fingers crossed.

I’ve never had that. It was always a receipt they printed off from the till so I assumed they’d be no limit to them and they were happy to give me two codes at a time. I have bought them from eBay before when they closed my local Game and the eBay price was cheaper than the cost of parking to visit my nearest location.

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

My brother just popped into the Leeds branch for me and had to give his email before they'd generate him some codes. I will be sending him back in to the store in various disguises and armed with a fistful of fake email addresses.

Despite what I said I went into town and got my codes from Game today. It’s the first time I’ve been to it since they closed the standalone branch and it’s now a weirdly spacious concession on the same floor as Sofa.com in House of Fraser. As @shirubagan said you do need to provide an email address and the codes completely free when you ask at the till and each Pokemon code comes on on it’s own receipt which is incredibly wasteful. The US is getting a shiny Eternatus this month instead.

14 minutes ago, ryodi said:

since they closed the standalone branch and it’s now a weirdly spacious concession on the same floor as Sofa.com in House of Fraser. 

Strangely enough, that's where one of my local branches resides, and I always seem to be the only customer in there at any time.

I don't mind them having my email address, especially when I have a personal one which starts with spam@, and it's a good way from their perspective to harvest some details. 

As for the codes, they did a promotion for Fortnite before Christmas last year, and I had six different pieces of receipt paper for six 25-digit codes.

I saw everyone was moaning at Europe getting something again, so I did wonder what they would offer to keep them sweet over in the US.