Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since completing the game I've just looked at how many varieties of Alcremie there are and I don't think I'll be getting all varieties like I did for Vivillon. 

The new Max Raid battles however have some exclusive sweets as a reward for some of the evolutions but trying to find the battle is so frustrating. I've spent a hour cycling around the Wild Area trying to find one with no luck. Does anyone have any tips on how your supposed to get them?

On 31/01/2020 at 21:27, ryodi said:

The new Max Raid battles however have some exclusive sweets as a reward for some of the evolutions but trying to find the battle is so frustrating. I've spent a hour cycling around the Wild Area trying to find one with no luck. Does anyone have any tips on how your supposed to get them?

I usually just join other people's to be honest. There's a lot of Alcremie raids to join at the moment. I usually trigger a special trade, then head pretty much immediately back to the screen where the raids appear, wait for a "press X to update" notification and new ones usually appear.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an update for Bank on 3DS as well. I'm going to hold off subscribing for now, none of the gift Pokemon make it worth the effort and because most of the Dex aren't in Sword/Shield transferring them just means they'll sit on the cloud server doing nothing.

On 11/02/2020 at 18:22, shirubagan said:

I’ve been trying to hatch a shiny Feebas since I completed my Dex over a month ago. This game hates me :( 

Hatching a shiny was the most psychologically challenging grind I can remember. The fact that there's no progress, and you're essentially in exactly the same place after 1 egg as you are after 500 I found really difficult to mentally accept. And I felt that I couldn't give up at any point and waste the time already invested. So felt trapped in this ridiculous grind until I hit the 1/500 chance or whatever it is. Really don't want to go through that again! :D

• Empathy 1

:omg:

Shiny G-max Eevee get!

1387729604_IMG_20200213_1858382.thumb.jpg.ba5ce0d464ebba58a9e0bd98ee9d2dfc.jpg

The first thing I tried to farm was a shiny Eevee so to get this as my first Shiny after that failure is amazing!

Edit: Not a G-max but still pretty damn happy!

• Upvote 3
On 12/02/2020 at 18:54, ryodi said:

There's an update for Bank on 3DS as well. I'm going to hold off subscribing for now, none of the gift Pokemon make it worth the effort and because most of the Dex aren't in Sword/Shield transferring them just means they'll sit on the cloud server doing nothing.

So it turns out I was lying to myself and have just paid for the subscription. if anyone has a spare Meltan and Melmetal that they've transferred from Go that they'd like to trade let me know what you want for them, they are the only two Pokemon that I will be missing from my Living Dex when I complete Sword.

On 15/02/2020 at 20:16, ryodi said:

So it turns out I was lying to myself and have just paid for the subscription. if anyone has a spare Meltan and Melmetal that they've transferred from Go that they'd like to trade let me know what you want for them, they are the only two Pokemon that I will be missing from my Living Dex when I complete Sword.

I can get you a Meltan this evening as I already have one in Sword. Melmetal will be a few weeks as I just spaffed 400 candy evolving a Meltan on Saturday.

So anybody using the time-skip exploits? I'm finding it pretty disheartening trying to do things legit when everyone else is running around with Shiny G-max pokemon. Also, I just read that if you recieve a hacked pokemon from a Suprise trade and take it online - you could get your online features revoked.

Bah, Nintendo where are you?

Using Pokémon home and all the asking trades are crazy. I just want a Ditto for Ditto trade but you look and it's all "I'll trade you a Ditto for the legendary, shiny MalmetalxWoolooxWailord digi-fusion MetalWoolord from the limited release x-rated German game Poke-Pokecops, with perfect evs. Level 1."

On 20/02/2020 at 22:05, Retroid said:

So anybody using the time-skip exploits? I'm finding it pretty disheartening trying to do things legit when everyone else is running around with Shiny G-max pokemon. Also, I just read that if you recieve a hacked pokemon from a Suprise trade and take it online - you could get your online features revoked.

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed in how broken everything is. There's now just a crap load of shinies running around everywhere, they don't really feel special anymore.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Level 100 Mewtwo in Max Raid battles (uncatchable), but with good rewards for defeating it. OG starter three also in Max Raid battles until 1st March.

Oh didn't know the Kanto starters were in raids for so short of a time! Cheers for the heads up. Must catch some hidden abilities over the weekend :)

Found Mewtwo fights too frustrating. Beat it around three times, but you can't really coordinate with randoms so you have turns where moves don't go off cause two of you Taunted or Screened, or whatever (or my favourtite - First Impression to force Mewtwo to get its shields up so my prankster Taunt didn't go off). And didn't know enough people who were interested on my friends list. I'm glad there was something harder, but the game needs to allow you to coordinate better or they'll always just end up being RNG fests, or winning by clicking a single attack once every two minutes. Hoping the expansions bring better co-op experiences.

In more heartwarming news, did everyone see the 7 year old girl win the junior regionals a week ago?

• Upvote 1

Oh what a night! Got 3 ruddy shinies! Female Unphezant, Pikachu and Thievul. Now I never liked the normal Thievul but the shiny version really is nice, very dapper.

image.thumb.png.2ef448c757311b6e63e829e22214cb63.png

(Not my image)

• Upvote 2

Don’t suppose any of you kind fellas would be minded to help me complete my Pokédex? All I need to do is swap and then re-swap my Zamazenta for a Zacian and then I’m done :)