rllmuk
Pixelbark

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 23/11/2019 at 08:51, Soi said:

I’d love it if I could organise a Machoke trade with someone, who could then simply trade the Machamp straight back. 

Could a a kind soul pm m and we could organise by WhatsApp or whatever. Thanks 

Same for my Onix. Once I find a

Spoiler

Steel Jacket

that is.

I'm happy to trade though mate.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

Got a Machoke last night, and asked my daughter if I could trade it with her and she trade it straight back so I could have a Machamp. She said yes, sent me a Skwovet, and over went Machoke. He evolved, and then I said, OK, lets trade back.

And she said no.

She has stolen my Pokemon and I'm livid.

Might wait until she's gone to bed and delete her save game. 

:lol:

Amazing

31 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I’m thinking of getting a Switch Lite so I can play with him (and my other son at Christmas if Santa comes through) on this. Not sure if it’s a stupid idea yet though.

I have three kids and 1 Switch. Santa is bringing 2 Switch Lites this year.

• Upvote 2

Had a fun trading spree last night. Surprise trade is as much of a mixed bag as you'd expect. I tried to be nice by putting up starter Pokémon or a bunch of Adamant natured Galarian Farfetch'ds, in return I got about 50% random garbage people had caught and 50% good stuff. I actually thought it'd be a worse ratio than that so I was pleasantly surprised.  Even some of the rubbish was alright though as it helped tick off a few Pokedex entries, gave me a few females I didn't have before, different abilities for stuff I'd already caught, plus the international ones can be handy for potential shiny breeding. It's also extremely addictive to me. Has that Gachapon mystery capsule thing going on that I cannot resist.

Also did a fair bit of link trading. It's funny the sort of unspoken conversations you have to have with a link trade partner by insistently putting up the same Pokémon in the hope that they'll deduce what you're looking for, or trying to work out what they want. A lot of the time people seemed to get it though, so if I put up a Sword exclusive they would offer a Shield equivalent etc. Managed to get all of the starters. From this brief dip in it seems like Scorbunny is the least popular as pretty much everyone had the other two on offer but it took me ages to get that wascally wabbit. Got a Ditto now anyway, so I'll be back at it tonight with all sorts of fancy wares to offer people. I love how fast breeding is in this game. The amount of ideas I've had in the past for 'Mon that I never got around to actually making because of how slow and tedious it was to create them. This game I'm doing all of them. :)  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, deKay said:

Got a Machoke last night, and asked my daughter if I could trade it with her and she trade it straight back so I could have a Machamp. She said yes, sent me a Skwovet, and over went Machoke. He evolved, and then I said, OK, lets trade back.

And she said no.

She has stolen my Pokemon and I'm livid.

Might wait until she's gone to bed and delete her save game. 

Wait until she's gone to sleep and replace her entire caught Pokedex collection with cloned Level 1 Stunfisks that don't know a single attacking move between them.

That'll learn her.

EDIT: Yeah, the mystery trading is good fun. I basically catch some duplicate of one I have and then chain-trade whatever I get from it, stopping to breed any I don't have in my collection. You do end up with a crap load of Zigzagoons and Yampers, but occasionally you get a nice one you don't have. Picked up a Charmander and a Ralts last night :)

Will probably do my breeding on Sword when Home comes out. as I've got a Super Trained level 100 Japanese Ditto ready to transfer over alongside my shiny team I've bred on Ultra Moon (Lucario, Kommo-o, Milotic, Heliolisk, Gardevoir and Chandelure).

4 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I’m thinking of getting a Switch Lite so I can play with him (and my other son at Christmas if Santa comes through) on this. Not sure if it’s a stupid idea yet though.

It's a bloody great idea.

Edit: If anyone wants a Scorbunny, I received one in a mystery trade. Need Grookey and Sobble, or any of the Shield exclusives, but just happy to pass it on regardless.

45 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

It's a bloody great idea.

Edit: If anyone wants a Scorbunny, I received one in a mystery trade. Need Grookey and Sobble, or any of the Shield exclusives, but just happy to pass it on regardless.

I can trade a Sobble for a Sword exclusive if you have one mate? Plus some other Shield exclusives.

Turtonator or a Male Farfetched would be handy.

I can do any of the starters if needed, most Sword Exclusives and most of the Shield ones. Got Galarian Farfetch’ds with good natures. I’ll  take anything in return really, ideally stuff to fill in odd gaps in my Pokedex to save me time catching them. 

6 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Same for my Onix. Once I find a

Hide contents

Steel Jacket

that is.

I'm happy to trade though mate.

Cheers. Another kind soul helped with my Machamp.

Happy to help you or any others. Just PM my your number and we can arrange via WhatsApp. 

Does anyone else buy the guide / Pokedex for the games? I've been collecting them since Heart Gold / Soul Silver and never use for the game because Serebii and Bulbapedia are much more useful but they are as close to an artbook the Pokemon games ever get.

2 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

I can trade a Sobble for a Sword exclusive if you have one mate? Plus some other Shield exclusives.

Turtonator or a Male Farfetched would be handy.

Got a Larvitar spare? I think I have a male Farfetch’d spare, if not I’ll catch/breed you one. 

1 hour ago, JLM said:

I can do any of the starters if needed, most Sword Exclusives and most of the Shield ones. Got Galarian Farfetch’ds with good natures. I’ll  take anything in return really, ideally stuff to fill in odd gaps in my Pokedex to save me time catching them. 

What are you after?

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Got a Larvitar spare? I think I have a male Farfetch’d spare, if not I’ll catch/breed you one. 

Yeah I do, from a surprise trade if you don't mind a third hand one? :)

Caught an Oranguru last night if anyone wants?

I got a surprise Japanese ditto in a trade. 

Should I be breeding him with other pokemon in the hope of developing a shiny? Or should I be breeding with him with other pokemon in the hope of getting a higher IV / better stats pokemon?

If I read correctly shinys are just visually different and do not have any different stats? 

I'm interested in Pokemon but I've never really played one other than Let's Go Evee! which apparently isn't a "proper" entry in the series and I didn't really get into. I've been meaning to give it another go recently as the hype machine has kicked in but can someone explain what about it was cut-down/missing/wrong compared to Sword and Shield? I'm not sure if I just don't care about Pokemon or if that release was just a bad place to start.

17 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

I'm interested in Pokemon but I've never really played one other than Let's Go Evee! which apparently isn't a "proper" entry in the series and I didn't really get into. I've been meaning to give it another go recently as the hype machine has kicked in but can someone explain what about it was cut-down/missing/wrong compared to Sword and Shield? I'm not sure if I just don't care about Pokemon or if that release was just a bad place to start.

Let's Go was about half a Pokémon game, in the full games even your battles against wild Pokémon are properly turn-based affairs, instead of just those against trainers and in gyms. This can make levelling up more of a grind, as you have to be much more careful when making your way through an area than in Let's Go, where it was easy to avoid wild encounters.

This one still has Pokémon visible in the overworld, but you don't just throw balls at them. You have to battle them properly, and wear them down before catching them. Although, to be honest, if you didn't get along with the way you fought the Snorlax and the Legendaries, you'll not like this, either.

The main thing people don't seem to get about Pokémon is that it's meant to be 2-player. The entire game is a training ground in which you create a team to battle others with. It's merely passable as a singleplayer RPG, but shines brightest when you interact with another human.

• Upvote 1

OK it's clicking now.

I finished the main game and completed the post game quest, capturing a legendary. I also found a giga-max charizard junior (can't remember the first form name :lol: )

I am now mostly doing max raid battles to level up my dudes before taking on the battle tower. After that i'll be able to see the stats of my pokemon and then it's all about the breeding and crafting out a balanced team and moves set.

Gigamax-mon can only be found by purple raid battles, correct?

I'm largely ignoring shinys because that looks like a time sink.

What else should I be doing post game?

I need to stop playing! 

I have two pokemon on level 100 now, my Japanese dragapult has also been hyper leveled at the battle tower and my corvaknight (sp?) has 6 perfect IVS. Yeeeeah. Both have "amazing stats" too. 

• Upvote 1

I’m about there with the game now, got over 20 Mon to level 100, tons of Gigantamax, no shiny as yet,

if anyone needs anything specific I’m now in a position to help out :)

I’m now breeding off a 5iv Ditto so a good load of mine are battle ready

Also,

it would be so easy to add DLC to this, add another 100 Pokemon and another Wild area - £20, add an extra bit of story and a couple of new legendaries £20. Easy money,

Not generally the Pokemon way though, I expect Pokemon Sword Slash and Pokemon Shield Bash to be released at some point at full price