rllmuk
Pixelbark

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can I very tentatively ask.. without spoiling where or how (pretty please :)) what's the earliest point you can obtain Sirfetch'd? Because the longer I go without one in my team the more I feel like my enjoyment could be boosted by like 500%.

2 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

The only problem I've faced so far was

Hide contents

Opal, with the unfair questions forcing stat-nerfs onto me. Other than that, losing in a Battle Cafe was my own fault because I went in with a half-depleted team.

I realised this too late, but...

Spoiler

I think there's a guy you can chat to in the stadium before hand who tells you the correct answers. Unless it's all a big joke and there are no right answers... but basically post fight I went and talked to someone and he told me the answers.. I got all three wrong for the stat nerfs :D.

38 minutes ago, John0 said:

Can I very tentatively ask.. without spoiling where or how (pretty please :)) what's the earliest point you can obtain Sirfetch'd? Because the longer I go without one in my team the more I feel like my enjoyment could be boosted by like 500%.

There's no level requirement to Sirfetch'd from my understanding in terms of evolution, but it requires a specific thing to happen which you'll likely not see until later:

Spoiler

you need to get three critical hits in a single fight with Farfetch'd. Galarian Farfetch'd comes with a Leek item that increases crit hit chance.

As most crits usually end up in KOs, you probably won't see an evolution until you start fighting trainers with a lot of Pokémon on deck. As a result, you won't see the evolution until you're a few badges in.

Edit: However, looking by the spoiler in your most recent post, you're at the right spot in the game to get the evolution if you can get a Farfetch'd. I lucked out with a surprise trade, thankfully.

29 minutes ago, John0 said:

EDIT: SORRY, I SOMEHOW MISSED THE "WITHOUT WHERE OR HOW" BIT. :( 

Galarian Farfetch'd can be caught on Route 5. It has the lowest spawn rate on the route so you might need to be patient. Also quite stubborn to catch.  He is exclusive to Sword also, so if you have Shield you'll need to trade for him. Shield players get 

Galarian Ponyta

instead. 

Once you have a Galarian Farfetch'd he has slightly unusual evolution criteria. You need to land 3 critical hits in a battle. Ideally you'll want a trailer with several Pokémon to achieve this. If your Farfetch'd comes with his signature leek then this'll be easier as it ups your chances of landing critical hits.

Skimmed both your spoilered posts, thanks folks :)

Spoiler

I'd have never figured out the critical hit thing.. and will go hunting around Route 5 when I get home :D

In all honesty, I never figured out how to get Sirfetch'd until I read about it - after the evolution happened and me and a friend were scratching our heads collectively.

Actual facts contained within:

Spoiler

What actually happened is that I got Farfetch'd, and I loved the galarian form so much that I kept him as my team starter 95% of the time after getting it, and it just carried on from there!

The method I used to get Sirfetch'd for those who desperately want one:

Spoiler

Catch a female Farfetch'd on route 5, ensure she has a leek! You may need to go down the hill from the grass patch west of daycare, round the lake, and back up until one appears in one of the grass patches you pass doing that. Also, levelling Nickit to Theivul at 15 teaches it Thief, so that can steal a leek from any unwanted males. Put her in daycare with any male bird you caught, I used a Wingull. Ride your bike back and forth along the bridge until the egg hatches, I had a Carkol with Flame Body so this was quite quick. Give the level 1 Farfetch'd the leek, I also taught mine Focus Energy from a TR but this probably isn't essential. Finally, take the little bugger into a fight with a Magikarp, and hit the hell out of it until you get the 3 critical hits. Mine levelled up to 5, there are probably lower levels you could get to than that if you want.

When you have it, make sure to go to a Pokecentre, and talk to the move relearner. Teach it First Impression, this attack is basically what makes it the best Pokémon in the game. Mine has s Brave nature, which is Attack+ and Speed-, you may want to try for Adamant instead for the Special Attack-, but I was happy enough with Brave because it has decent enough Defence. I'm running Iron Defense, Brick Break, First Impression, and Brutal Swing right now, and I can't really think of anything else it needs. Apart from a name, because even though Sirfetch'd itself is good, it's not personal enough!

• Upvote 1

Using surprise trade I've ended up with some really good stuff. Mostly from japanese players. All three starters, a couple of dreepies, some shield specific stuff. A handful of route 1 pokemon leveled to 60 :)

I need to go back and catch a Wooloo. Totally forgot to grab this version's mascot on my way through.

I didn't plan to play much last night. I was just going to pop on for 10 minutes and do a couple of trades. Ended up doing the third gym and about 8 max raids. Shame the online system is so bad you never get to play with real people.

Ended up setting up a trade on the PokemonTrades reddit, seems a useful place for it!

I've also had some good surprise trades, got a Japanese Ditto, a Scorbunny (which would have been excellent if I didn't pick it as my starter!) and a Growlithe well before I was able to catch my own. :)

I'm still massively enjoying this, the music especially is a highlight for me.

34 minutes ago, Flub said:

Is there any way to change your outfit for bike riding?

There's a man in the wild area who seems to give this option, but I've not used it.

9 minutes ago, deKay said:

There's a man in the wild area who seems to give this option, but I've not used it.

Cheers fella. I'll have a hunt around tonight.

Does anyone mind explaining the whole "current recommendations" Pokedex feature works? Or link to something that does? For example in my game today it's recommending Growlithe due to the weather, but if I head to precisely where it says, and the weather is correct, I haven't seen a single Growlithe all day...

I don't think you'll see all Pokemon, sometimes you'll just see movement in the grass, then heading to that spot will have a chance that you'll fight a Pokemon other than the one's you can actually see roaming about.

That's how it seems to me at least!

Ultra Sun was great

Guys if anyone is desperate for any Pokemon I’ll have completed the Pokedex before long and will start up breeding later on today so anything anyone wants let me know and I’ll trade them over, I don’t want anything special in return I just bloody love it 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Ultra Sun was great

Guys if anyone is desperate for any Pokemon I’ll have completed the Pokedex before long and will start up breeding later on today so anything anyone wants let me know and I’ll trade them over, I don’t want anything special in return I just bloody love it 

Any chance you could sling over a Grookey and Sobble? :)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Any chance you could sling over a Grookey and Sobble? :)

No problem, the starters will be the first lot I breed, leave it with me and I’ll PM when ready :)

• Upvote 2

At 60 hours in and I need just 7 more for my dex. Been a slog but lots of fun. Been sitting around with others playing too and it's lovely how the switch's portability enables that

On 19/11/2019 at 05:59, Flub said:

Dreepy? Is he a good one? Some japanese player sent me one in a surprise trade last night too.

The belated answer to this is... yes! I was a bit worried as mine didn't seem that powerful compared to the rest of the team, but I forgot it's a three-stage evolve Pokemon and once it reached its final stage it turned into a lethal missile raining death down on pretty much anything it comes up against.

Ran around yesterday basically continually chaining a  surprise trade and then stopping off to breed any new ones I got. Ended up grabbing a Scorbunny (no Grookey yet), Ralts and Riolu. Think I've got about 80 of the things to get now. Also took part in some 5-star Max Raids and grabbed myself the Gigantimax versions of Butterfree, Corviknight and Centiskorch. They're actually pretty good fun; you really need to team up with other players because going into them with the AI partners is a surefire way of getting yourself thrown out of the den.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can a trader Pokemon be traded again?

I’d like a Machamp. I’ve just started the game and have found a Machop. Can I level it to Machoke, trade it with a kind soul here and then immediate receive it back in a trade?

I believe that Machamp actually also shows up in Raids and in the Giants Mirror area of the free roam area when it's sunny.

I got lucky with Machamp as someone surprise traded me a Machoke and of course it evolved immediately once I got it. Felt like a bit of a dick because I'd surprise traded him a Magikarp back.

• Upvote 1