rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Pixelbark said:

Literally look at any of the streams that have been out there, any single one of them. Or the replies on twitter. 

Stop falling for this shit.

I checked the replies on reddit and twitter. I haven’t seen anyone challenge them - nobody was claiming these were the only battle backgrounds - just the worst examples. If you’ve played it and can confirm these are not backgrounds in the game fair enough. But this is far from the only disappointing aspect of the game so I don’t really know why you’re so aggressively defending it. In any case, the reviews will soon be in.

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2019 at 18:35, Dr Nookie said:

My son - 8 year old is only just getting into Pokemon.  He's got a few cards, and has just done the Let's Go Pikachu demo on the Switch.  

What should I get him for Chrimbo?  That or this?  I literally haven't got a clue about this stuff.

A Pokemon the card game trainer kit. Teach him to play and learn yourself with your partner. 

#GameFreakLied trending on twitter. Hating this game has really become a full blown movement at this point. It’s probably going to overshadow the game regardless of what happens next.

Yeah I think most people assumed the hardcore would be upset, but it wouldn’t dent reviews any, but the game just looks such a work of early access that now people expect it to get a poorer critical reception.

29 minutes ago, Dig Dug said:

#GameFreakLied trending on twitter. Hating this game has really become a full blown movement at this point. It’s probably going to overshadow the game regardless of what happens next.

I didn’t care about the Dex cull but was excited about a home console Pokemon. From what has been leaked (everything) it isn’t good enough. GF said they had to cut content to work on models and animations, yet datamining proves they’ve reused 3DS assets.

Seems like they needed another year of development. And help from a better team.

A negative consumer reaction will be good for the series in the long-run, if it means they start treating these games like big budget AAA gaming events rather than a quirky indie project.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

When does the review embargo on this lift?

Judging from the takes you'd think it already had.

• Empathy 1

5 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

When does the review embargo on this lift?

Today apparently, it's going to be chaos regardless of which way it goes, if it reviews badly then people are just going to be shitting on Game Freak. If it reviews well (which let's be honest, it will probably at least be inline with S/M) then the video game journalists are paid shills who don't know a shit game when they see one.

Just now, Bojangle said:

Today apparently, it's going to be chaos regardless of which way it goes, if it reviews badly then people are just going to be shitting on Game Freak. If it reviews well (which let's be honest, it will probably at least be inline with S/M) then the video game journalists are paid shills who don't know a shit game when they see one.

You need to question why this would be a problem for you?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Genuinely if this is as good as S/M and not some featureless stripped down version of a Pokemon game I’ll be a happy man, I can live with that

• Empathy 1

For every rabid nutter blowing a gasket about assets and whatnot there's ten sub ten year olds that don't give a fuck about any of that shit. Pokemon is a game where 'vocal minority' is very much a thing just by sheer volume of copies sold of each edition.

Whether that's good or bad for the continuation of the series? I guess we'll see. What is certain is that all these people screaming bloody murder will still buy it just so they can go "SEE?! SEE!?! WE FUCKING TOLD YOU IT WAS A SHAM!" while missing the irony completely.

25 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

GF said they had to cut content to work on models and animations, yet datamining proves they’ve reused 3DS assets.

Both of these things can be true.   

• Upvote 6

I, for one, can’t wait for this. I’m really looking forward to some chill adventuring.

• Empathy 1

I think the rabid nutters are the ones who lack the imagination to envisage a Pokemon game doing anything other than the bare minimum, just because it has a young and dedicated audience. It’s worth 95 BILLION. But the dev team can’t work quick enough repurposing existing artwork.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

You need to question why this would be a problem for you?

Because if it IS shit/broken/unfinished that doesn't mean the people who spent the past 2/3 years putting all their effort into the game deserve shitting on. Nobody sets out to make a bad game, there's always external factors at play in those situations. I've been in those situations and it fucking sucks.

I'm not saying it's okay for them to put out a bad game, if it is indeed a bit rubs, but I can see the reasons why it might have turned out that way and have some basic human compassion for the people who continued working on the game and seeing it to the finish line.

7 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Because if it IS shit/broken/unfinished that doesn't mean the people who spent the past 2/3 years putting all their effort into the game deserve shitting on. Nobody sets out to make a bad game, there's always external factors at play in those situations. I've been in those situations and it fucking sucks.

I'm not saying it's okay for them to put out a bad game, if it is indeed a bit rubs, but I can see the reasons why it might have turned out that way and have some basic human compassion for the people who continued working on the game and seeing it to the finish line.

By shitting on them you mean consumers voicing their disapproval. Without that TPC/GF would never get the message that they need to do better.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I just can’t agree with this, for a franchise worth so much money I don’t buy the “situations can happen” angle, they’ve got such a huge pot of money to throw at it and literally no expectation of this releasing this year considering Let’s Go didn’t come out that long ago,

If its unfinished and not the game you wanted to make, delay it. Animal Crossing has. I’d prefer to wait for the first console Pokemon and make it amazing than sighing every time I read a feature they’ve cut

• Upvote 1

Just now, grindmouse said:

By shitting on them you mean consumers voicing their disapproval. Without that TPC/GF would never get the message that they need to do better.

I'm mostly referencing the many "Game Freak is filled with bad programmers and animators and they need to do better" takes that are filling Twitter and Reddit.

I've yet to see any actual consumers voicing their disapproval. It's all based on anger from leaks which have come from sources that already hate the game, how is that so hard to understand?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I think the rabid nutters are the ones who lack the imagination to envisage a Pokemon game doing anything other than the bare minimum, just because it has a young and dedicated audience. It’s worth 95 BILLION. But the dev team can’t work quick enough repurposing existing artwork.

If it turns out to be a bad game because of this people will think twice about buying the next game. Or maybe they won't because people have short memories when it comes to juggernauts like Pokemon. The actual fact is that if all these people getting radgy about it actually buy the game then they get a free glass of Shut The Fuck Up, because they do not have the power of their convictions to try and send a message to the developers and will still just scream at the internet instead. If you don't like the way it's done, don't buy it. 

Consumers should absolutely have their say about the product they're buying, but the way some of these consumers go about it means they'll just be flat out ignored. People acting the cunt to developers is never ok, regardless of what idiotic decisions the developer has made.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bojangle said:

I'm mostly referencing the many "Game Freak is filled with bad programmers and animators and they need to do better" takes that are filling Twitter and Reddit.

I've yet to see any actual consumers voicing their disapproval. It's all based on anger from leaks which have come from sources that already hate the game, how is that so hard to understand?

This is more succinct and to the point.

Game in using LOD culling shocker. Also please don't cull, and also improve performance AT THE SAME TIME. Poor programming tbh.

51 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

A negative consumer reaction will be good for the series in the long-run, if it means they start treating these games like big budget AAA gaming events rather than a quirky indie project.

Pokemon has never been a big budget triple A title. Why should it start now?

3 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

As long as my soon-to-be-7 year old likes it, I'm OK with the game. I was hoping I would be interested too, though! 

So all games journalists can pack up and go home.

No incentive needed for game devs to try and push the medium forward. If a 7 year old would buy it, the industry is golden.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Pokemon has never been a big budget triple A title. Why should it start now?

Pokemon can only ever be this one thing it was on handheld consoles 20+ years ago. Ok.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Pokemon can only be this one thing it was on handheld consoles 20+ years ago. Ok.

?? As far as I know Pokemon Sun/Moon ultra aren't 20 years old

You seem to think that the definite way forward for Pokemon is to turn it in to "breath of the 'mon". But thats never been Pokemon.  WHat you are asking for isn't what people would consider as a mainline Pokemon game. What you are after appears to be something completely new.

Unless it is purely graphical effects you are talking about.. Which would be odd because pokemon has never been a graphical powerhouse.