rllmuk
Pixelbark

Pokemon Sword & Shield - Nintendo Switch

Pick a team!  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A Pokemon with every available Pokemon from every game thus far, plus a new roster of 301 new Mon', transferable mon from your 3DS games via Pokemon Bank with the scale of Breath Of The Wild.... 

Too much to ask? 

Just now, Zael said:

Is there any indication this is going to be a radical departure from the old formula? 

I bloody hope not.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Zael said:

Is there any indication this is going to be a radical departure from the old formula? 

I seem to remember Game Freak/Pokémon Company/whoever, mentioning that they were inspired by seeing BotW and that they were trying to do something similarly convention breaking with this new game.

• Upvote 1

Game Freak have always alternated production, so things that were in one game were rarely in the next. I hope that they changed this, and that the overworld style from Let's Go remains. Because I really liked being able to avoid the endless stream of sodding Zubats!

I'd actually be satisfied with just a Diamond/Pearl remake, to be honest, and MEGATON would be announcing that alongside the new game, as well as Snap 2 and Stadium 3. But, those are mere pipe dreams, I'm certain.

Looking forward to this, should be interesting!

Also looking forward to everyone getting carried away with their expectations and then being angry at Nintendo when the massively unrealistic expectations aren't met. ;)

• Upvote 2

How about pokemon 99, like tetris 99, right down to the fact that the mechanics are basically unchanged so it's still turn based battles. And you have to wait for 99 people to umm and ahh about which move to use before you get to do anything. 

5 hours ago, KRP said:

I seem to remember Game Freak/Pokémon Company/whoever, mentioning that they were inspired by seeing BotW and that they were trying to do something similarly convention breaking with this new game.

Historically GameFreak has never been great at the actual building of games from a technical standpoint. They are great at pre-production, brain-storming, ideas, designs, and composing great music. That is where they consistently deliver. When it comes to writing robust and efficient code and coming up with tight/streamlined game-design that is where they start to fall a part.

I doubt very much we see a Pokemon reinvention like the odds of BOTW and Odyssey. What tomorrow would offer is probably a new story in the style of Lets Go at most. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Every Pokemon game I’ve ever played has felt the same to me as the first Pokemon game I ever played -Yellow. Regardless of how they’ve attempted to change the formula. 

I haven’t played Let’s Go but apart from some fancy graphics, it looks like it plays the same. 

I want to play a Pokemon game that doesn’t make me feel like I’m just playing a reskin of Yellow. 

• Upvote 1

I'm the polar opposite. I've played every main series game for hundreds of hours and I love the formula. Sun and Moon ended up taking me the longest to finish as they strayed the furthest from the one true path. The new monsters, abilities, types, moves, type combinations etc. are enough additional content for me as breeding/training/battling and the post-game are really what I'm there for, and something like the addition of a new type is  a pretty huge change in that regard. I like the campaign to be a familiar and leisurely stroll that I can breeze through to get to the real meat of the game. I know I shouldn't be encouraging developers to keep churning out the same game, but I likes my Pokémon the way it is. I am truly part of the problem.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Every Pokemon game I’ve ever played has felt the same to me as the first Pokemon game I ever played -Yellow. Regardless of how they’ve attempted to change the formula.

Green rather than Yellow for me, but yes - this. It's why they're all great.

10 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I want to play a Pokemon game that doesn’t make me feel like I’m just playing a reskin of Yellow. 

Ah.

Oh.