rllmuk
strider

The Saturn Appreciation Thread

5 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Might be due to the textures being placeholders from a beta that was rushed out rather than being finished. 

Yeah, I've heard that too. Never knew if it was one of those urban myths. The developers Tantalus did a credible version of Wipeout 2097 so it's probably true. Such a shame, as I loved HOTD in the arcades. I bought the Jap version with the black gun back in the day. 

I too was a bit shocked when I played HOTD on Saturn, it's still got the gameplay but I must admit I had higher expectations since Virtua Cop 1 & 2 were very strong conversions for me. It does still play well though.

Street Fighter Collection arrived yesterday, can’t believe the price the PAL version goes for when the JPN one is so cheap?!

Watching the intro to SF2X brought back memories of playing the 3DO version back in the day, except now I can play it with a decent controller!

SF Zero 2 is great too! 

I already have all these games in a MAME cabinet, but playing it on the Saturn with a CRT is better!

The best gaming era of my life is, well, right now actually! But prior to that, owning a switched Saturn and getting this, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Radiant Silvergun and Street Fighter Zero 3 was the second best :)

• Upvote 1