BadgerFarmer

Baba Is You (PC, Switch) - 13th March

This is an indie game I've had an eye on for a while. A potentially very interesting concept based on moving the descriptions of elements in the game world around to change the rules. Um yeah, it's better if you just watch the trailer:

Just had a release date announced of 13th March. On PC and Switch.

• Upvote 3

So this is out today.

I actually got a review copy not long after starting this thread, so have had plenty of time with it.

I'm interested to see what other people make of it now, and hopefully compare notes on some bits.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to play this. I checked on my switch this morning and the coming soon section of the store lists it as today. 11 quid and change.

3 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

So this is out today.

I actually got a review copy not long after starting this thread, so have had plenty of time with it.

I'm interested to see what other people make of it now, and hopefully compare notes on some bits.

What do you think of it?

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Has this shown up on the store for anyone yet?

Not yet. Still says TBD on the eShop and Steam says 2 hours to go.

Already totally stumped  on this extra level :lol: (LAKE-EXTRA 2: SUNKEN TEMPLE)

The previous one had the same wall/crab/flag layout and made me feel dead smart, now... not so much.

Baba_Is_You_ki0nu8YMt6.thumb.png.dafbca084d0f56ac5eb76e83b9173bcc.png

46 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Already totally stumped  on this extra level :lol: (LAKE-EXTRA 2: SUNKEN TEMPLE)

The previous one had the same wall/crab/flag layout and made me feel dead smart, now... not so much.

Baba_Is_You_ki0nu8YMt6.thumb.png.dafbca084d0f56ac5eb76e83b9173bcc.png

I went back to have a look and it turns out I hadn't done that one before. In fact, I don't even remember it being there, as I thought I'd done all of that area. Anyway, I eventually managed to fashion a solution. Hint:

Spoiler

Try and get Baba is you and rock is push aligned vertically next to each other.

• Upvote 1

There now. Was in Recent Releases last night but no option to buy.

EDIT: still showing as TBD on the website! Goof grief, Nintendo.

I actually played this for about 30 hours in the end and still haven't really completed it (124 puzzles solved IIRC). You will get stuck. But at least there are always multiple routes open later on, so you can keep trying different puzzles until one of them gives way. And the solutions usually turn out to be so good you can't not appreciate them.

Yeah, I did a puzzle last night which made me feel like a genius, only to be stumped afterwards on the next one. 

It's very good, though. Very different.