mwaawm

Pinball Dreams Amstrad CPC

Indeed it does. Shame nothing of this quality was released back in the day, goes to show in the right hands the CPC could beat the best the C64 had to offer. 

• Upvote 2

If you've not watched the video, it's going to get an official release once the final details are sorted out with Rebellion who own the corpse of the original publisher.

Which is great news.

• Upvote 1

That looks incredible. Got to laugh at the blurb though: UFD - Ultra fast drawing! I can't decide whether that's justa tongue in cheek retro reference.

That's impressive. Watched the entire video, I've never seen the SNES version before and was shocked at how bad the physics of the ball looked.

CPC version is spot on though.

• Upvote 1

On 20/02/2019 at 10:58, mash said:

Indeed it does. Shame nothing of this quality was released back in the day, goes to show in the right hands the CPC could beat the best the C64 had to offer. 

:P Ahem

No I don't think so, so fair point.

I'm sure everyone knows, but the team that made the original Amiga Pinball Dreams were from the demoscene team The Silents.  The success of this game helped them build into a new company that people may know today as DICE.

So bit weird that Rebellion now own the rights?!  You'd have thought DICE would have tried to repurchase their old content at some point.

• Upvote 1

They've had some involvement, there were great iOS conversions a few years back (now sadly murdered by iOS11) that they were involved in, under the name "The Silents" since EA have the Digital Illusions name (DICE = Digital Illusions CE).

But yeah, the remenants post collapse of 21st C do somehow seem to have found themselves at Rebellion although I can't find any evidence they ever did anything with the IP.

• Upvote 2