Gotters

What series/genre should be 'battle royaled' next ?

With the surprise launch and good reception forTetris 99 I'm sure that every publishing suit and marketing person is trying to get a battle royale series going outside the shooter genre - what would you personally like to see next or think would work ?

• Upvote 1

Bomberman & Mario Kart (although for mario kart it might be more of a last person on lap get's defeated). Would have to keep it to smaller tracks IMO, like the original SNES version. Or F-Zero.

I think Bomberman already has multiplayer versions online - i think there is a clone that supports 124 players at once.

edit: actually due to f-zero basic nature it might be a good way of bringing it back, but i am not sure if there would be a massive interest in it as it is a niche game.

How about a co-op battle royale. The environment is out to get you and the more people alive at the end the more xp you get. The more you help people the better you do.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Flub said:

How about a co-op battle royale. The environment is out to get you and the more people alive at the end the more xp you get. The more you help people the better you do.

Hacksaw Ridge: Batle Royale.

Came in here to post Bomberman, but it's already been mentioned so:

Micro Machines! You get a solo qualifying lap that determines your position on a massive starting grid (that doubles as a final straight on every lap) and then it's just mass, tiny vehicular carnage.

• Upvote 3

Any other puzzle game. Dr Mario, Puyo Puyo, probably any that have an existing vs mode would work in Battle Royale format. I am well up for this new era of short burst frantic puzzle games against many era that I've decided is coming already in my head.

Why has battle royale become such a buzzword? Isn’t it just another multiplayer mode, basically elimination on a big scale? It seems weird to me that it’s getting shoved into every genre possible. I’m getting old.

• Downvote 2