mdn2

Tetris 99 - Tetris Battle Royale. Free Switch Download. Read First Post for Hints and Tips

I'm so shit at this it's not even funny. My record is about 65th. 

Barely into the game and about half my screen is full of junk bricks from other players, next thing I know another 10 greys out of nowhere and I'm dead.

• Upvote 2

2nd! I'm feeling a weird mixture of elation and rage right now! I still don't feel like I have any idea what I'm doing, though. Think I'll end up buying Puyo Puyo Tetris in order to practice for this.

• Upvote 1

Not gonna struggle for a game of this....

This is great news and hopefully opens the door for Dr Mario, Panel De Pon, Puyo Puyo and the likes!

Or.... Picross S 99

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Not gonna struggle for a game of this....

This is great news and hopefully opens the door for Dr Mario, Panel De Pon, Puyo Puyo and the likes!

Or.... Picross S 99

Seems like a fake account. Has that been released as an official figure?

Ah... got it from ResetEra. Must REALLY learn to read. I knew the PSP bit was a joke, but assumed it was the account having fun. 

Yeah, that’s a fake account.

I wonder how many people paid for the online service just for this though. Probably made the money back already.

• Upvote 1

I’m a little suspicious about how this manages to fill a lobby of 99 within 20 seconds every single time and how there’s never been a single bit of lag or a dodgy connection for me. If there really are no bots involved at all, it’s an impressive launch on all fronts.

It’s also one of those games that makes good use of the Joy-con grip. Much better than the Pro Controller for Tetris.

Not going to say anything that hasn't been said before.

This is really very, very good.

Made 4th twice from 90 minutes play. The pro pad's dpad is driving me a bit nuts with false readings though, and my 8bitdo felt very laggy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I’m a little suspicious about how this manages to fill a lobby of 99 within 20 seconds every single time and how there’s never been a single bit of lag or a dodgy connection for me. If there really are no bots involved at all, it’s an impressive launch on all fronts.

I had a connecting drop / was kicked from a game. I  guess in terms of networking, it doesn't really have to do all that much mind..

Gghhjjj 2nd place. Strangely I've had a lot of luck when pissing around trying to learn to four-wide, rather than going for Tetrises.

I've yet to come remotely close to pulling off the four-wide start for what it's worth. People weren't joking when they said it wasn't simple!

• Upvote 2

To be honest I don’t think four wide is worth it for this. It’s not possible to maintain it after the initial burst, and any garbage you get will limit subsequent attempts. I’ve found it’s anywhere between 140 and 190 line clears for a victory so you need to plan longer term.

Tonight I had a mini-realisation: given that your line clears count more if you have more people targeting you, it may be worthwhile changing target after you’ve sent an attack. This will make it slightly harder for that opponent to then clear the lines sent if they’re being targeted by multiple people. Might not be worth the effort mind.

• Upvote 1

This is quite something and, finally, justifies the online sub price. 

I have no idea what I'm doing and have been averaging in the mid-20's but, once, just once, I came third! Sweaty hands ahoy..

6 goes tonight and am now getting regular top 10 finishes. Ending with a 2nd place, where I should have won, but mis-judged a piece and screwed myself. Otherwise would have had back to back Tetris with the other person's well fuller than mine. 

Three 3’s and a 2nd. I’ve been getting kicked quite a bit so packing it in for the night. It really does capture the battle royale feeling of the circle closing right at the end when the speed goes nuts. They’ve got the intensity perfect. 

Are people able to actually look at other players screens to see who to target after the top 50 because I find I can’t take my eyes off the central screen. 

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

It’s also one of those games that makes good use of the Joy-con grip. Much better than the Pro Controller for Tetris.

If you look at the other mini screens. They update every few seconds not live

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Stanley said:

, what are singles and doubles?

I believe 

Single = completing one line

Double = completing two lines at once 

Triple = completing three lines at once 

Tetris = completing four lines at once 

Do love that they have the defensive junk system from puyo pop, you can play defensively too! Only played once and came 23rd. Decided to set it to only revenge to attack people attacking me to try and not stir up trouble lol