mdn2

Tetris 99 - Tetris Battle Royale. Free Switch Download. Read First Post for Hints and Tips

It is so gratifying to see progress. Not necessarily in wins, but consistently getting higher places (although got knocked out in 97th place today!)

If it’s not a super hectic beginning, I can get 4-6 t spin doubles during a game now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sir stiff_one said:

It is so gratifying to see progress. Not necessarily in wins, but consistently getting higher places (although got knocked out in 97th place today!)

If it’s not a super hectic beginning, I can get 4-6 t spin doubles during a game now. 

Yeah for sure. I am mixing my play up. Sometimes trying new things and practicing my openings, other times going as deeop into a round as possible and looking for a Win  / Top 3. I see major progress as time passes. 

Really looking forward to Team Battle mode, would be great to have a Rllmuk team. 

Came across a new top player earlier. If you’d like to be scared by how high the skill ceiling is, give this a watch:

https://youtu.be/743n1WePozE

In other news, in my 50 wins by 200 games challenge I’m sitting at 49 wins and 199 games played. Dunno if I want to play the last one now!

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Came across a new top player earlier. If you’d like to be scared by how high the skill ceiling is, give this a watch:

I believe this is Amemiya from the amazing Puyo Tetris swap video:

Go to about 20 mins from the end to see him play other members of the top 8 1v3.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

I believe this is Amemiya from the amazing Puyo Tetris swap video:

You're right, and thanks for giving me something to watch later! Sounds amazing.

EDIT: OK I watched the exhibition, that was incredible. His finesse is almost flawless and his decision making is so quick. One game he ran an ST stacking just because, and then turned it into a DT cannon in about half a second. Crazy.

1 hour ago, Jonster said:

In other news, in my 50 wins by 200 games challenge I’m sitting at 49 wins and 199 games played. Dunno if I want to play the last one now!

Pfft 22 in 922 is where the real pros are 

1 minute ago, Jonster said:

I'm starting to think I'm aiming too high :lol:

Nah, I am just shit. Many 2nd-10th in that 900+ but not enough converted to wins. 

I love the aggressive evenings, I get into the top 5 more often at those times. 

Anyway, finally got win 25, but not sure I deserved it, especially as I froze and run out of ideas. 

• Upvote 2

Hit 1000 games of this, this morning. 

Would love to know how many 2nd-5th places I had in that, I reckon it maybe doesn't look as terrible then. 

• Upvote 1

Part of me wants this guy to be a genius Tetris player who was just trolling the game somewhat, otherwise... fuck it. 

• Upvote 4